Sydney Dyno Day SUNDAY 23rd August

Re: Sydney Dyno Day SUNDAY 23rd August

Postby parso_rex » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:55 am

jdm rsk wrote:118.5 :? ....last time on the dyno i got 131.5 :o as standard car...i was expecting around 150. i think this dyno gives different figures to the last dyno it was on..norm was down about 50kw from the last run he had on a different dyno

Shane, just having a look at one of those PDF's you sent. If your bored can you try putting a small screw or similar into both unused factory boost control hoses to block them off. See if its any different after this. I think its affecting your differential sensor which the stuffs round with your secondary turbo
That whole setup is pretty full on :P

Mark
Euro Remappers.www.recode.net.au
parso_rex

Car: Liberty GTspecB, 04STI, A3 1.8T

Postby jdm rsk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:24 pm

parso_rex wrote:
jdm rsk wrote:118.5 :? ....last time on the dyno i got 131.5 :o as standard car...i was expecting around 150. i think this dyno gives different figures to the last dyno it was on..norm was down about 50kw from the last run he had on a different dyno

Shane, just having a look at one of those PDF's you sent. If your bored can you try putting a small screw or similar into both unused factory boost control hoses to block them off. See if its any different after this. I think its affecting your differential sensor which the stuffs round with your secondary turbo
That whole setup is pretty full on :P

Mark

gday mark
the factory boost control lines are dissconnected. there are 2 vacuum lines numbered 10 and 23. 10 goes to a t peice on the inlet track. that t peice has been removed and 23 went to the turbo. now my hks evc-s go to the turbo so blocking them off would do nothing. here is a diagram of what i mean
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby parso_rex » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Thats true but there are two seperate stages if you like and the second exhaust valve is sort of operated by a differential sensor amongst other things which has a pressure tank somewhere. If that tank or part of the pressure sensor connections includes that line to the first turbo boost solenoid then it will make the whole thing go out of whack. Its a lot trickier than you might think. I'll have another look later tonight, I'd still block them anyway as it can't hurt
Euro Remappers.www.recode.net.au
parso_rex

Car: Liberty GTspecB, 04STI, A3 1.8T

Postby tenrat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm

wow thats a nice price :0 good job mate
Sti Front Lip | Enkei | Sti Mufflers
tenrat

Car: My05 3.0Spec.B

Postby jdm rsk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:48 pm

parso_rex wrote:Thats true but there are two seperate stages if you like and the second exhaust valve is sort of operated by a differential sensor amongst other things which has a pressure tank somewhere. If that tank or part of the pressure sensor connections includes that line to the first turbo boost solenoid then it will make the whole thing go out of whack. Its a lot trickier than you might think. I'll have another look later tonight, I'd still block them anyway as it can't hurt

ok will block themn off
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Previous

Return to NSW