Reefton Run - Date: 17th Jan

Re: Reefton Run - Date: 17th Jan

Postby teK-- » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Great drive everyone, thanks to everyone who organised and attended. We lucked out with the weather it was perfect and rained steadily once past Lilydale on the way back :D
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby hin249 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:39 pm

its really great but not very fun bcoz my 4th gear is fk, hv to rev up on 3rd then up to 5th!!(but will fix it up next week)!!!
But its showing me how gd of the AWD on the wet condition during the Spur section on the way back!! and lucky all the cops were on the opposite side!! Thx all the organisers and attendants. Cheers!
here we go ~~ some fotos
MY08 6MT TBSTI WAGON (Team White) #191
MY07 5MT 2.5i WAGON (Team White)
MY06 6MT 3.0RB SEDAN (Team Silver)
hin249

Car: MY08 6MT TBSTI #191 White Wagon

Postby Ric » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I've popped my photos here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7638
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Sentinel » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Hey guys,

Great run today. Kudos to Andrew for organising and Mark / Ric for leading and back stop. Was also good to see the ol cruising crew again too. Nice drivin boyz! :wink:

Mark - I hope your FIL is OK!! No wonder you didn't join me going over the Dandenongs on the way home!! I'm guessing that he'll skip the next trip huh! :bad: :D :D

Coppers sure were out on the black spur - pinged a few going up, but none going down. And the weather... I agree with Jimbo. We lucked it for sure! Nice and cool and plenty of sun for the Reefton run. Really awesome roads. Had a ball.

I also agree with Al about the HP-F mods. They tuned both Al's and mine cars (Al's is auto, mine is man) and they've done a sterling job on the tune. I've got a minor issue to sort out but overall very good. The bottom and mid range is much healthier, and the top end is nuts... Sweet turbo whistle and BOOM gone! Luv it. :good:

Dunno about anyone else, but my fuel consumption for the trip is baffling. I filled up this morning and zero'd the trip. Now 85-90% of the trip was WOT and the only constant speed cruising was on Eastlink on the way up, other than that I was flat out... Upon getting home, I was bored for 20mins so I thought I might calc the fuel and check against the trip meter. 9.8 by both manual calcs and the trip!!!!! WTF?? Anyone else get great numbers?? If that's the way it's gonna be, then I'm driving flat out everywhere!! Hahaha. Imagine being pulled up... "Yes officer, I was doing my bit for the planet, the fuel consumption is at it's best when I'm flat out everywhere". I reckon that'd be 2 seconds delay and ticket to court. LOL.

Anyway, enough of my blabbering. Thanks to all for a great day.

P.S. Mark - the burgers weren't bad either mate. :wink:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby JimmyH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Was a really good run. Good to meet people from the forum too. First time ive really pushed my car and as the sole Gen3er there, my car really surprised me. Thats not to say id love to upgrade to a Gen 4 in the future, but wont be able to afford that for a while. Glad nobody got pinged by the cops and was very glad the weather stayed clear till the end of the day! If it was raining I would definitely have been driving a lot slower as my current tires are rubbish in the wet.

I took a few photos which I will post soon, but dont have too many which is strange because at things like this I usually take hundreds.
__DEADITE__
Team Gen3!
JimmyH
-stickered-

Car: White MY00 Heritage Sedan

Postby Mr White » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Sentinel wrote: Imagine being pulled up... "Yes officer, I was doing my bit for the planet, the fuel consumption is at it's best when I'm flat out everywhere".

:lol: :lol: :lol: nice Steve!
Cheers
Al

TEAM WHITE
2007 Liberty GT Spec B Wagon
Previous ride: 2000 WRX Evo 4 Hatch
Mr White

Car: MY07 GT Spec B Wagon

Postby hin249 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Sentinel wrote:Hey guys,
Dunno about anyone else, but my fuel consumption for the trip is baffling. I filled up this morning and zero'd the trip. Now 85-90% of the trip was WOT and the only constant speed cruising was on Eastlink on the way up, other than that I was flat out... Upon getting home, I was bored for 20mins so I thought I might calc the fuel and check against the trip meter. 9.8 by both manual calcs and the trip!!!!! WTF?? Anyone else get great numbers?? If that's the way it's gonna be, then I'm driving flat out everywhere!! Hahaha.

Steve, I know the H6 is always thirsty, but i also hv a pretty gd figure on the trip pc. just below 11.....haha
MY08 6MT TBSTI WAGON (Team White) #191
MY07 5MT 2.5i WAGON (Team White)
MY06 6MT 3.0RB SEDAN (Team Silver)
hin249

Car: MY08 6MT TBSTI #191 White Wagon

Postby JimmyH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 pm

I posted my very few photos in the topic Ric made.
__DEADITE__
Team Gen3!
JimmyH
-stickered-

Car: White MY00 Heritage Sedan

Postby VIC GT » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks to all those who put in to make this happen! The drive that we went on was a great combination of roads with some amazing sections, definitely up for doing that one again. It was a great day and could have been even better for me if I had a full tank of fuel to start the day! :oops: ... I'm sure that wont happen again! :lol:

Next time I'll be making sure I'm a little more organised!

Nice to see you guys putting some pics up thanks for that.

Cheers everyone,

Monty( the guy who had to turn back to get fuel and then play catch up... At least I gave you all something to laugh at haha)
Last edited by VIC GT on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIC GT

Car: 04 MY 05 Liberty GT

Postby teK-- » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Sentinel wrote:Dunno about anyone else, but my fuel consumption for the trip is baffling. I filled up this morning and zero'd the trip. Now 85-90% of the trip was WOT and the only constant speed cruising was on Eastlink on the way up, other than that I was flat out... Upon getting home, I was bored for 20mins so I thought I might calc the fuel and check against the trip meter. 9.8 by both manual calcs and the trip!!!!! WTF?? Anyone else get great numbers?? If that's the way it's gonna be, then I'm driving flat out everywhere!! Hahaha. Imagine being pulled up... "Yes officer, I was doing my bit for the planet, the fuel consumption is at it's best when I'm flat out everywhere". I reckon that'd be 2 seconds delay and ticket to court. LOL.

:

Yeah I got great fuel economy too despite giving the right pedal a good workout most of the time ;) It's probably a combination of nice cool air plus aside from the pitstops we are moving at a fairly smooth rate.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby sh1ft » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:05 am

great run guys fantastic turn out,

loved it so much did redid the run on the way home :D (dont think the my tyres like me to much any more lol)

i think i should make the effort next time and empty my boot before hand :lol:
cant wait for the next 1...
sh1ft

Car: ''09 Lib wagn

Postby Sentinel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:24 pm

sh1ft wrote:i think i should make the effort next time and empty my boot before hand :lol:

Now there's an idea!!! :lol: Only took two cruises to realise this... :D
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Sentinel wrote:
sh1ft wrote:i think i should make the effort next time and empty my boot before hand :lol:

Now there's an idea!!! :lol: Only took two cruises to realise this... :D

Maybe we should create a pre-cruise prep day. I vote we meet at Shift's place so we can ensure his cleaned vehicle ! :D
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby sh1ft » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 pm

MH3.0R wrote:Maybe we should create a pre-cruise prep day. I vote we meet at Shift's place so we can ensure his cleaned vehicle !

Sounds like a plan guys!!! :lol:
sh1ft

Car: ''09 Lib wagn

Postby smythie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Sentinel wrote:Dunno about anyone else, but my fuel consumption for the trip is baffling. I filled up this morning and zero'd the trip. Now 85-90% of the trip was WOT and the only constant speed cruising was on Eastlink on the way up, other than that I was flat out... Upon getting home, I was bored for 20mins so I thought I might calc the fuel and check against the trip meter. 9.8 by both manual calcs and the trip!!!!! WTF?? Anyone else get great numbers?? If that's the way it's gonna be, then I'm driving flat out everywhere!! Hahaha. Imagine being pulled up... "Yes officer, I was doing my bit for the planet, the fuel consumption is at it's best when I'm flat out everywhere". I reckon that'd be 2 seconds delay and ticket to court. LOL.
Can't explain it fully but there is a lot of downhill stuff where you'll have the throttle closed for a long time. That can make up for some of the WOT. Even on uphill sections you would likely have spent some time coming into and through the early part of the corners with closed throttle.

Then again, the run north bound up the Reefton can ask for a LOT of throttle :D

Oh, and who was complaining about rain? Last October I came down the Reefton in rain and bark and twigs and shit. Was a fantastic drive. No sarcasm, it was great fun
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

PreviousNext

Return to VIC