Melbourne cruise 13th April - PICS UP!

Postby cpitts » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:03 am

Fangin_RX wrote:Well i had fun reading about all the stuff that was there<snip>
That's exactly what it's there for. Entertainment and education. It's also a good reference for me and where I was at at that instance of time. Also helps to get tuners verbal notes down as you forget them with time.

If I can pass some extra knowledge on to others so they don't make my mistakes (or better still, can make good decisions on mods) then that's perfect. Also why I do so much hard testing against mods I do, saves the arguments from everyone as to whether they actually work (people tend to disbelieve due to their non standard nature).

Anyway, this isn't a thread about my website, lets do that in another thread.

Sorry Al. :P
cpitts

Postby drndrn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 am

Sentinel wrote:
drndrn wrote:
haha i wouldn't say cut.. more.. EMO! But hey, I was doing alright for an NA little bugger.

Doin alright?? Mate - to the uneducated, they would never have known - you easily kept with Mark and Al. No wonder your FC was up the shite though!! That h pattern of yours would've copped a hiding, and I reckon your redline felt like it went a few rounds with M'Ali. :D

You've got one awesome ride bud! :good:

Oh thanks for the kind words mate believe me when I say I'd much rather hav eyour car! But I'm sure my car hates me to bits right now, i was bouncing off the rev limiter on a few instances cause i kept forgetting to change up.. concentrating on the roads a bit too much! I'm going away for the week so I'm sure it'll get its rest. Also I must say that my car is about 2 weeks/2000km's overdue for its service. Should get onto that.

MH3.0R wrote:
Mr White wrote:
drndrn wrote:i gave my car a decent thrashing, trying to keep up with marks 3.0 lol.

Mark was following me. That bugger can certainly drive. Mark i should have
let you lead, i was probably holding you up!

Al,

It was the other way around actually. Your 2.5T was pulling away from me with the better torque. Also, I needed someone to show me the way and the lines to take. It is never easy taking the lead and you did a great job from where I sat.

Could not for the life of me shake that Darren but!

Mark.
[quote]

Haha, Yeah Mark it was definitely a tough job trying to keep up with that 3L tower of power. The torque in that hting must be awesome. As we all saw, I was struggling up some of the hills while the GT and 3.0 just took off. :?

But yeah, I probably stuck a bit 2 close to you Mark, got a coupe of tiny chips in the windscreen. Haha. But well worth it.
Last edited by drndrn on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby cpitts » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 am

overl0ad wrote:<snip>i left because i didn't feel comfortable going round the corners where i can't see what's on the other side. i've got this fear that i'll meet a bicycle/motorcycle (as i ride both bicycles and motorbikes) on the other side.<snip>

200% valid statement. On the recce run we had a 911 come down the wrong side of the road at us, let alone dozens of push bikes.

overl0ad wrote:maybe it's cos i had in my head "relaxing drive to somewhere for coffee/lunch, maybe a sprint back through some nice roads, more coffee." :)
Ummmm, ye, not the right space for that drive.
cpitts

Postby Sentinel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:16 am

overl0ad wrote: maybe it's cos i had in my head "relaxing drive to somewhere for coffee/lunch, maybe a sprint back through some nice roads, more coffee." :)

Maybe that's our next cruise in a month or so time - cruise out mid morning for an hour, stop for lunch, then feisty drive somewhere that is 'appropriate', then cruise to finale... Sounds good to me.
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby Mr White » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 am

overl0ad wrote:i left because i didn't feel comfortable going round the corners where i can't see what's on the other side. i've got this fear that i'll meet a bicycle/motorcycle (as i ride both bicycles and motorbikes) on the other side.

maybe it's cos i had in my head "relaxing drive to somewhere for coffee/lunch, maybe a sprint back through some nice roads, more coffee." :)

overl0ad,

I felt terrible when you bailed early. I wanted to organise a fun cruise and certainly didn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable.
Point 3 in my cruise notes did say 'drive within your own limits', but i should have made it really clear that the point of Sentinel as
the back-stop is to make sure no one is left behind (Dutch7 can confirm the effectiveness of this!)

For that i apologise and i hope you didn't feel it was a waste of a morning, it was certainly great to meet you.

That being said, people have different ways of enjoying a cruise like that, and for my money a Subaru belongs on the roads we drove.
It absolutely loves them. It sounds like you car has been 'worked' a fair bit and as a consequence is less comfortable and less forgiving.

There are a few things i would change for the next cruise. I'm going to get a radio to warn others of stuff coming. Swap mobile numbers
or put them on the cruise notes, and reiterate the points you have raised overl0ad regarding oncoming traffic etc, and to drive within your own limits.

I look forward to catching up with you soon.
Cheers
Al

TEAM WHITE
2007 Liberty GT Spec B Wagon
Previous ride: 2000 WRX Evo 4 Hatch
Mr White

Car: MY07 GT Spec B Wagon

Postby Mr White » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 am

Sentinel wrote:Maybe that's our next cruise in a month or so time - cruise out mid morning for an hour, stop for lunch, then feisty drive somewhere that is 'appropriate', then cruise to finale... Sounds good to me.

I'm up for that Steve . . . but nowhere is more appropriate than twisties of some description 8)
Cheers
Al

TEAM WHITE
Mr White

Postby smythie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:38 am

take a weekday off and hit the spurs. While you're up there spend up big in Marysville/Buxton/Healsville.

Mr White wrote:You got it Smythie!

Them's fun roads those - usually make sure they form part of the annual September/October commute to Phillip Island.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Sentinel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Mr White wrote:Point 3 in my cruise notes did say 'drive within your own limits', but i should have made it really clear that the point of Sentinel as
the back-stop is to make sure no one is left behind (Dutch7 can confirm the effectiveness of this!)

You diggin at me bro!? :assassin: :wink: :wink:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby Mr White » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Sentinel wrote:You diggin at me bro!? :assassin: :wink: :wink:

Nah mate!

Diggin' at how dumb that concept was with no radios! :oops:

Sorry Steve, i didn't word it right. What i meant that no one needed to feel
like they were going to be left behind.
Cheers
Al

TEAM WHITE
Mr White

Postby Sentinel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 pm

No need to apologise Al, I was joking mate - hence the winks!

:lol:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby overl0ad » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:48 pm

don't feel bad.

it's just that my car isn't setup for roads as bumby as that.

it was good to meet in any case.

:)
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby WhiteGTB » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Mr White wrote:
Sentinel wrote:You diggin at me bro!? :assassin: :wink: :wink:

Nah mate!

Diggin' at how dumb that concept was with no radios! :oops:

Sorry Steve, i didn't word it right. What i meant that no one needed to feel
like they were going to be left behind.

You guys cruise with no radios??

Man, all us Sydney siders have CB's.... prepared we are :)
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby Mr White » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 pm

WhiteGTB wrote:You guys cruise with no radios??

Yeah, radios a definate MUST on the next cruise
Cheers
Al

TEAM WHITE
Mr White

Postby overl0ad » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:57 pm

you guys managed to get a liberty without a radio?

geezzzzz... you got REALLY ripped off...

:P:P:P
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby MH3.0R » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:58 pm

I will be buying a pair of CB Radios this weekend so I am ready at a moments notice for the next cruise !!!

Kind Regards,

Mark.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

PreviousNext

Return to VIC