Confirmed cruise - Sunday 20 Oct

Re: Confirmed cruise - Sunday 20 Oct

Postby eckymosis » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:17 am

I literally live across the road from Burwood One, so I might do the cruise up to Lysterfield.

Count me in.
eckymosis

Car: MY05 GT

Postby PinkK » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:44 am

Sorry guys just got back from a ride. Next time time though. Enjoy the great weather!
PinkK
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec. B Wagon

Postby owen » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:21 am

PinkK wrote:Sorry guys just got back from a ride. Next time time though. Enjoy the great weather!

Don't worry Alex u haven't missed anything. Half of us have gone home and the other half have gone to look for the cruise organizer.

Biggest fucking waste of my Sunday. Should have gone to Jake's beach house to enjoy some dim sims instead
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby Monkey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:24 am

Lost you guys. Was driving 20kph under the limit. Go straight to White Rabbit. Didn't have any mobile data until 5 mins ago. Sorry guys.
Monkey

Car: MY07 black 6MT Liberty tbSTI sedan

Postby Monkey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:26 am

PS. Just leaving Emerald 12.30pm
Monkey

Postby owen » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 am

Monkey wrote:Lost you guys. Was driving 20kph under the limit. Go straight to White Rabbit. Didn't have any mobile data until 5 mins ago. Sorry guys.

How you leave behind a group of 20 cars and end up by yourself completely blows my mind. Better luck next time champ
owen

Postby Monkey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:38 am

I don't know either, was doing 80 in the 100 zone and lost everyone around Lysterfield. We can regroup at White Rabbit 316 Maroondah Hwy Healesville. I have food for lunch.
Monkey

Postby chubbs » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 am

Pretty disappointing we lost the leader know one knew what to do so we left.
E85 Addict!
chubbs
formerly Illestlib

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22507

Postby Monkey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm at White Rabbit now for anyone still interested. Will stay til 1,30
Monkey

Postby Ridleywgz » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Yeah at white rabbit now
Ridleywgz

Car: Liberty wagon bp5 5sp manual 2.0L

Postby jaydece » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Looks like this cruise failed on so many levels.....such a shame to such a nice day..

just some food for thought....I'm not a expert but from my observations and experiences with cruises with RIC / No Lag

Monkey aka David

1/ Did you prior to leaving the meeting point explain the path and trip again for validation? meeting points? time? emg exits? stop points?
2/ Did you nominate a tail and/or tails...someone/ppl to keep the group together at the back/middle in the event you (the leader) would loose the group?
3/ Did you give members your mobile number or contact details in case of loosing the group ...which brings me to the next thing....walkie talkies....primitive? but they work...and work well
4/ Did you allow the group to catch up? upon leaving the meeting point? and not just fang off expecting them to follow you and catch up.....

These are only some pointers in which quickly come to mind...
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby Monkey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:36 pm

jaydece wrote:Looks like this cruise failed on so many levels.....such a shame to such a nice day..

just some food for thought....I'm not a expert but from my observations and experiences with cruises with RIC / No Lag

Monkey aka David

1/ Did you prior to leaving the meeting point explain the path and trip again for validation? meeting points? time? emg exits? stop points?
2/ Did you nominate a tail and/or tails...someone/ppl to keep the group together at the back/middle in the event you (the leader) would loose the group?
3/ Did you give members your mobile number or contact details in case of loosing the group ...which brings me to the next thing....walkie talkies....primitive? but they work...and work well
4/ Did you allow the group to catch up? upon leaving the meeting point? and not just fang off expecting them to follow you and catch up.....

These are only some pointers in which quickly come to mind...

It was a shame indeed. I haven't organised a cruise before so I appreciate your advice. In relation to your points above:

1. Everything was mapped out and explained in detail in the first post, including drive times; estimated meeting times; and a Googlemaps link with destinations plotted. It was very clear and I haven't seen this level of detail on any other cruise.
2. Hadn't thought of a tail, but this is definitely good advice.
3. I didn't want to post my mobile publicly as Gatherings doesn't require member login, but I did suggest in an above post prior to the cruise to PM me for my mobile. Not sure if anyone had walky-talkies. I'm relatively new to the Club and don't know that many people.
4. Absolutely!! As mentioned above, I was travelling at 80kms/h in the 100km zone when the group broke away, and I never accelerated even remotely hard or exceeded the speed limit. There's a lot of cars faster than mine and I certainly have nothing to prove. Plus we pulled over 2-3 times for other cars who were stopped at lights / roundabouts. The failure appeared to be because gaps between the group were too large and other cars were overtaking in the spaces, and this was particularly evident immediately after passing through the large roundabout near Lysterfield where everyone suddenly disappeared from my rear vision mirror. Had the gap been reduced to about 10m between each car, and cars taking up all available lanes in a block where possible (as opposed to single file at times), this wouldn't have happened. When no one showed up at the meeting point we turned around 3 times and backtracked to find people to no avail. We then waited for 10 minutes at Emerald for others to catch up as it's a single-lane road and we couldn't be missed. Unfortunately my mobile data wasn't working all morning so I couldn't post anything regarding my whereabouts until 12.30pm.

it was very disappointing - even more so that criticism is directed at me personally - but with the exception of not appointing a tail, I don't see how this was my fault. Moreover, I can't see why the group didn't continue on to the next destination at the allocated time if they couldn't find me - that seems like common sense.

In spite of this, a few of us made it to White Rabbit, Maroondah Dam for lunch and Sugarloaf Reserve so it turned out to be a nice afternoon.
Monkey

Postby jakey » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Too bad guys,
+1 for walkie talkies, they're a treat on rics cruises.

Oh and
Don't take Owen's comments personally, he is just upset he didn't get to get cosy with Jake
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Car: UBARU - 2005 MY06 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15489

Postby owen » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:02 pm

I hung my car out sideways trying to catch u after u took off from the initial meetup point while 3/4 of the cars were still stuck in the carpark waiting for cars to pass. Then we lost u again because u pulled out in front of a truck at a roundabout..which clearly nobody else could fit. Then we've tried to find u at the first stop indicated on your map, which u seemed to miss completely. At which point we had lost half the pack and I decided to go home.

Then I was told about the last cruise you organised. Which had the EXACT same thing happen. You booted off, nobody could keep up..and everyone went home.
Last edited by owen on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
owen

Postby owen » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:05 pm

jakey wrote:Don't take Owen's comments personally, he is just upset he didn't get to get cosy with Jake

Jake. You can bite me :)
owen

PreviousNext

Return to VIC