Cruise For a Cause :) 9th Of September + ?

Re: Cruise For a Cause :) 9th Of September

Postby Ric » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 am

MH3.0R wrote:Finished! Had to find some Creative Commons music to add the sound track.

http://youtu.be/6YwO4IKoDyk

Enjoy!

Hi Mark,
Are you using a new way to edit videos? I notice both this, and the one from Rob Roy last weekend have a thick black border around them, reducing the resolution of the active part of the image...
Ric.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby MH3.0R » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:22 am

Ric wrote:
MH3.0R wrote:Finished! Had to find some Creative Commons music to add the sound track.

Enjoy!

Hi Mark,
Are you using a new way to edit videos? I notice both this, and the one from Rob Roy last weekend have a thick black border around them, reducing the resolution of the active part of the image...
Ric.

Mmm. Had not considered that, so I will investigate what has changed from other clips. I had a major computer crash a couple of months ago and during the rebuild some configuration may have been changed.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby AB501UT!0N » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 pm

MH3.0R wrote:
Ric wrote:

Enjoy!

Hi Mark,
Ric.

Mmm. Had not considered that, so I will investigate what has changed from other clips. I had a major computer crash a couple of months ago and during the rebuild some configuration may have been changed.

Thanks Mark I like the video :) and that music was awesome! :wink:
jakey wrote:.... goshgollywingwong

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Car: Subaru Liberty Heritage 2000

Postby MH3.0R » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:14 am

Thanks Chris. It took a while for me to find this CC stuff. There are some good tracks and some real crap and a lot of volume to filter in order to find the right stuff (according to my tastes). :wink:

If anyone else has any suggestions on rendering video compilations, would be happy to hear. Mine appear to have a thick black border that prevents full screen viewing. I'd like to remove that. Open for suggestions. I will also post a more detailed question in the General area tonight.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Re: Cruise For a Cause :) 9th Of September + ?

Postby AB501UT!0N » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Would any one be interested in raising some more money to help Terry out?

Even just a meet up and people can donate as much as they want would be great :)

Please post below if you are interested... Thanks - Chris

http://www.indiegogo.com/DoItForJoshey-?c=home

A little write up from his mum...

Please Help Terry Through His Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment

My son Terry was recently diagnosed with a synovial sarcoma. Synovial sarcoma is an extremely rare and highly aggressive soft tissue cancer, that has a tendency to spread to the patients lungs.

Terry had the symptoms of this tumor since the age of 14. We went to the doctors on numerous occasions, just to be ignored and told it was pain due to his being thin. Early this year, Terry went to an outside doctor who immediately noticed it was a tumor, and sent him for approriate tests. He had surgery in July, in which the primary tumor was removed. He just received the catastrophic diagnosis July 26th, and are working to accept it.

Terry has always been a great kid. He did great in school, and he has worked since he was 15. He is an Electrical Engineering student and was hoping to transfer to UOP next Fall. He is a single father to a 2 year old son, Joshua, who adores him. He has worked really hard to get where he is. Terry and his son live in a house they rent. Terry worked fulltime while also going to school fulltime. He is a great father, son, brother and god willing, a husband someday. We have found him great doctors at UCSF. With him being out of work, the costs are just too great to cover. Disability does not cover all of his usual costs, let alone the added costs of coming and staying in SF. We are also dealing with our home being burglarized 2 weeks ago.

Terry has never liked asking anyone for help. He has always been a prideful person, and a hard worker. He has never expected something for nothing.

the doctor informed us that he will not be able to work through his treatment. Even though he was granted temporary disability, he will not be able to afford the basic necessities of life, let alone cancer treatment. He will be having impatient chemotherapy and radiation treatment. His best case scenario is missing months of work. We live 40 miles from the treatment center, where even parking is $28 a day.

We also want to do everything we can to make sure Terry does not have to drop out of school, as he has worked so hard to get to this point.

What We Need & Hope You Can Help With

Anticipated needs to get him and his family thru treatment:

We are hoping to raise enough to help with their rent, utilities and groceries while he is off of work, as well as transportation costs to and from the hospital.
Other medical expenses and medications that are not or will not be covered
gas cards, grocery store cards, anything is appreciated
The Impact This Has Had

This diagnosis has been a huge blow to our entire family. Though no one deserves a cancer diagnosis, we cannot wrap our heads around this happening to Terry. He is a great young man loved by anyone who knows him. He is a terriffic father who has been hands on since his son Joshua's birth. He helps anyone who is in need, any chance he gets. I just want Terry to be able to get the cancer treatment he needs and deserves, in order to give him the best possible chance at a long life!

Other Ways You Can Help

I wanted to clear up some confusion. There is no minimun donation. Every cent counts and helps..

Between this sight and Pay Pal, a sizable portion of donations is taken. It was suggested to me that I put an alternative way to donate other then through this sight. Especially for larger donations, as they take a portion, as does paypal.

You can contact me via email at aprilephillips@comcast.net or use the mailing address send to Terry In Care Of April. 2715 Wildflower Dr Antioch, CA 94531. Please be sure to include a return address so that we can thank you appropriately. Checks can simply be made out to Terry Richards. We also have an account deposits can be made directly into. Contact me via email, and I can share that info with you.

Others have enquired about transportation needs. He would greatly appreciate gas cards, as the frequent trips to San Francisco are draining him. He has access to Shell, Chevron, and Safeway. Safeway gas is the cheapest in our area.

If anyone just wants to send cards, words of encouragement, feel free to do so at the above address. Christmas is fast approaching, and I know things as simple as a colorbook for Joshey would be greatly appreciated.

All of this change has been a lot on Joshua also. if anyone wants to send him stickers, temporary tatoos, etc.. it would put a smile on his face.

Please, get the word out. Share this with your co-workers, church, family, friends and social networks.
jakey wrote:.... goshgollywingwong

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Car: Subaru Liberty Heritage 2000

Previous

Return to VIC