Liberty Owners Eastern Suburbs

Liberty Owners Eastern Suburbs

Postby Victripper » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi All,

Reading through a lot of the forum threads it seems that there are a lot of people in the eastern suburbs and a lot around Doncaster East Area, and a lot of people that have been helping others out around this area with mods to their cars. I don't know exactly what I need to do or even how my car handles at this stage and hence what I need to do to my car to improve it, but I am happy to help out others to both learn what is needed and how to do it

Hence I am thinking should we get together an idea as to where people are in Victoria and where we live and the willingness to help out others who are in the immediate area or willing to travel to the area to help out. I personally am one that would like to know a lot more about what I can do with my car and what others have done and what they have found is the best way forward.

I am guessing this is sort of happening already with a few threads showing that we all help each other out both with suggestions and installing mods to each others cars?

If this is already organise let me know and we can delete this thread?

Thanks

Mark
Victripper

Car: MY12 Liberty Sports Premium Wg 2.5i

Re: Liberty Owners Eastern Suburbs

Postby SH30RB » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:03 pm

this is a good idea mark, from recall a few of the melbourne guys had one recently, but i think it would be good to get these things started up and happening on a more regular basis as im sure there is at least one of us that knows alot about something. chipping in and helping eachother is a great way to save money and learn more about our cars :D

i for one am not very mechanically savvy but i dont mind having a go in order to learn. this means id have to travel just to get somewhere, but id be doing it in a great car :D
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 am

I live in Blackburn and am happy to help out as required. I have my own place and enough tools to get most jobs done.

I do spend a lot of time both reading and talking to a number of people on and off the forums who have been very helpful.

I think for your car the first thing I'd consider is a rear sway bar to improve handling. I know on the Gen IV it's a worthwhile investment.

Perhaps a gathering to meet people would be a good idea. If interested put up an meeting place with an expression of interest to gauge willingness. I'm happy to travel as well.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby doppler69 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Mechanics all over the eastern suburbs just felt a chill go down their collective spines.
doppler69

Car: Liberty MY07 GT-B

Postby mihai » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:32 pm

I'm in the South East (Keysborough) and I can help out with anything car audio.

I guess the first point of call for mods etc would be having a good read through the forums. This is where you will find the answers to most (if not all) of your questions.

If your question is still not answered then post a thread and get help from here first. That way everyone on the forum and new members to the forum gain the knowledge also.
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Postby Victripper » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:58 am

All sounds very good. Everyone on the site seems to be very helpful and willing to help everyone else out.

I am hoping to pick up my car from Frankston tomorrow afternoon (Friday) so can test it out then to see where to start, but the rear sway bar does sound tempting!
Victripper

Postby julzzychan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Me not a VERY MECHANIC guy as well but willing to help learn chill whatever you call to bond us all libertarians :P

am in bayswater area and work in mt waverley.

at the moment what i need is to sell my old 2.5NA if anyone know someone who is keen on a liberty please let me know :) (see my signature)

also, need a pretty detail for my GT so would be awesome if we could get tgt to go one a group wash day?

Cheers,
Julz
Cheers,

Julz

Current - -> MY07 Liberty TBSTI Sedan Black #139/300 - Charcoal Rims, Phat Dump/ Mid pipe, K&N Filter

AWD - SOLD -> MY07 Liberty Obsidian Black[/b] BL5 EJ255 6SP Manual - STI'ed
| 6000K HID | LED I/O | STi Front/Rear Lip Spoilers | STI Braided Brake Lines | Silver 18" x 7.5 Enkei | Phat Dump Pipe | Centre - S/S Flex with 3" Resonator joint with 2.5" S/S Y split to M/S Hurricane Quad Mufflers | Blackened Grill | CF Stanza Eye Lid | Factory Sat-Nav | Resonator Delete | 50% Smoked Taillight | K2 Roof Finisher | Zero Side Strake Pair | DAMD Rear Extension pair | Cobb SF Intake Black | Grimspeed 3-port BCS | AVO Turbo Inlet + 265lph Fuel Pump | KidoTuned 189kW ATW |

1WR - SOLD -> MY06 Honda Black/Grey CBR600RR | Jardine RT-One Slip-On Pipe | ASV Lever | Diable Rosso II | Braided Brake Lines | Quick Shifter | PCIII
julzzychan
-stickered-

Car: 07 Liberty TBSTI #139/300

Postby Victripper » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Picked up my car today. Very happy with how it drives both from power and handling.

One thing that I am chasing up at the moment is the fact it doesn't have the dual exhausts that are shown in the brochure and on the website:

http://subaru.com.au/liberty/2.5i-sport ... agon/specs

and the brochure:

http://subaru.com.au/sites/subaru.com.a ... ochure.pdf
Victripper

Postby SH30RB » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:06 pm

id go back to subaru where you picked it up from and question them about it!
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Postby Victripper » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Done that about it also and they are chasing it up as well but in the interim I am talking to Subaru Australia myself also. This way I can have first knowledge of what is going on.
Victripper

Postby SH30RB » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:11 pm

oh true, thats a good idea. helps to get your own answer and compare it to someone elses answer
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:15 pm

http://subaru.com.au/liberty/2.5i-sports-premium-wagon

It doesn't show it here with dual exhausts under technology
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Victripper » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Yes I am aware of that but who looks in to the specs in major detail? I personally didn't. Also due to the limited to no stock that is ever in any dealerships including Subaru Melbourne dealers, it makes it hard to work out that what they show in the pictures is false advertising
Victripper

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Yeah that's interesting as the advertising images show dual exhausts as well but actual cars for sale show a single. I can see there is a pop out piece on the other side. Perhaps it's an option. What did the dealership say?

Looks like only the GT and 3.6R have the dual exhausts.

That's a bugger, especially if you were after the dual exhaust look.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Victripper » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:34 pm

bass_straitener wrote:Yeah that's interesting as the advertising images show dual exhausts as well but actual cars for sale show a single. I can see there is a pop out piece on the other side. Perhaps it's an option. What did the dealership say?

They are speaking to Subaru Australia also. I noted this before taking the car and they were happy for me to have it while they followed it up with Subaru. I guess they will either need to redo their brochures and website otherwise start sending out the dual exhaust Sport Premiums going forward.

Not sure if the dual exhaust is going to do anything but would look nice. I also have a My10 Subaru Forester XS Premium which mean that I got dual exhausts over the single on the standard X series.
Victripper

Next

Return to VIC