Why little interst in the next cruise?

Re: Why little interst in the next cruise?

Postby jakey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:49 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:NEW JAKE WINS!

:angel: :angel:
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Car: UBARU - 2005 MY06 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15489

Postby Doyab » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm not even going to respond to that.
Doyab

Car: 2005 3.0RB

Postby iisshhyy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 am

jakey wrote:For me - As I stated in the kebab meet posts, It is very intimidating to come along to a bunch of strangers who are most likely a lot older than me.
Once I get a bit more familiar to the people around here, I will eventually make it to a kebab meet, and from there a cruise, but don't rush me. You will see my smile one day!

You serious man? it's a car club, not an arm wrestling club. Car clubs are where people gather together because of their passion for similar cars. Generally people don't join car clubs to find people to pick on, single out etc. I'm sure you'll be ok
iisshhyy

Postby MH3.0R » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 am

chaotic2050 wrote:
MH3.0R wrote: Take all the time you like Jake. No rush and there will be plenty of opportunities to cruise or kebab or car wash and coffee (like winter sit down events)

Mark is looking for coffee boys for 2012-2013 season....
Careful Jake.

Mmmmm......fresh coffee....... mmmmmmm. Boy, bring me another coffee, and don't forget to wash the inside of the wheel!!! :lol:
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby bosc0 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:21 am

Another Jake here, i'm oldest (i think), therefor more better, thus making me the winner of the Jake-off competition :lol:

On topic, i'll have to shadow what a few others have mentioned about family and prior comitments. I don't get a great deal of free time, especially on the weekends. So 3/4 of a day (plus car washing time) isn't feesable for me, let alone a two day escape amoungst the blacktop.

I have been trying to make it along to a soon to be famous Kebab meet, but have had no luck with timing. Meets like this including car washing episodes are far more suited, as we all clear our cars and we all have to eat. Impromtu meets and short spirited cruises seem like the way to go.

Having said all of that, its all down to timing. As i, as im sure a lot of members can not put a cruise ahead of day to day commitments. Plus who wants to go to Buller or Hotham when there is no white stuff. C'mon :P

This should probably go into the suggestions even topic, but we had a lot of sucsess at RSLC with a Thursday trivia night at http://www.kellysbarandkitchen.com.au/. Far for some, not so far for others and a nice drive up and down.
bosc0

Car: GT SpecB wagon

Postby brainy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:47 pm

A friend of mine who has attended a commodore meet as well as the liberty meet and he was surprised as to how friendly everyone was and how he enjoyed it.
So a liberty club is a good club to make that first time plunge into.

I think the 2 day cruise with alternate day cruise maybe put some people off? Perhaps it's a mentality thing where they are thinking "Well the 2 day cruise gets you to one destination so the alternate cruise must get you half way to that leaving it to be a very long drive home".

For me, I have to say that the kebab meets have been a success. Friendly people, talking about their passions, getting some great advice on the way and having a good laugh. This can be great as their is no pressure of having to go for a drive and worry about other road hazards/traffic (although the last kebab meet there was an accident in the car park).

Cruises on the other hand i find are also great! It's a great atmosphere driving with other liberties in a spirited and safe fashion. I've seen scenery that i've either never seen before or haven't seen in a long time. There's nothing nicer than seeing a row of cars that look like yours and are appreciated the same as yours.

Sadly, i haven't mentioned my attendance on the cruise as I can't commit. There's a strong possibility that I will be working (a lot going on lately).
If i'm not working and the cruise is still happening, then me and a friend may attend.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby xyz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 pm

I'm always up for a cruise and usually the first one to put my name down, but I'm away for work :(
xyz

Car: 08 GTB

Previous

Return to VIC