Why little interst in the next cruise?

Why little interst in the next cruise?

Postby Ric » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 pm

We have two cruises planned for the upcoming long weekend, but there's doesn't seem to be much interest in them.

Are people waiting until the last minute to commit, or are you actually not interested?
Is this because of:
  • the date? Doing other things because it's a long weekend.
  • the day? Don't like starting on a Saturday?
  • the route? Too far? Not far enough?
  • the destination?
  • some other reason?

Speak your mind. If there's some reason you chose not to come on this one, let us know so we can take that in consideration next time...
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: Why little interst in the next cruise?

Postby Doyab » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 pm

I think it might a case of vicious cycle. No one can see anyone else go and everyone is waiting everyone else to commit. I'll admit I'm abit guilty of this too. Also had a few kebab meets so maybe less excitement to see everyone one/also including dyno day. And lastly maybe the whole two day thing has thrown people off. To boost interest chaotics banner on the top would go allright. Because people may just be forgetting. I don't know.just throwing it out there.
Ps sorry for bad gramma phone typing is crap
Doyab

Car: 2005 3.0RB

Postby Kekotic » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm

I'll update the banner if you want. But I'm not attending.
And yes Jake is right. The 2 day thing fucking sucks.

Sorry Mark.

Edit: Reason I'm not coming.
Would rather save my money for mods for dyno day rather than waste it on petrol. It's that simple for me.
Last edited by Kekotic on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby cruisn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Im away for the long weekend.

I wouldn't/can't do an overnight cruise due to family commitments and a full day cruise on a weekend is in most cases out due to the same reason.

I like short meets ie the Kebab one (pity I work permanent arvo shift) I used to attend quite a few evening wash meets when I worked days. Id rather meet up for a drink, bite to eat, have a chat, admire others handywork and leave. Not a massive fan of driving around all day.

My 2c.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Kekotic » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm

cruisn wrote:Im away for the long weekend.

I wouldn't/can't do an overnight cruise due to family commitments and a full day cruise on a weekend is in most cases out due to the same reason.

I like short meets ie the Kebab one (pity I work permanent arvo shift) I used to attend quite a few evening wash meets when I worked days. Id rather meet up for a drink, bite to eat, have a chat, admire others handywork and leave. Not a massive fan of driving around all day.

My 2c.

Actually that's a really good point Mark.
Because of the Kebab meets, I have made some pretty close friends and we are always texting etc. I don't feel the need to go on a cruise any more because I have been on enough already and I'm more interested in talking to people or working on their cars than mindlessly driving for 4 hours.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Doyab » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Well I didn't mind the cruises. Just better in bigger numbers.
Doyab

Car: 2005 3.0RB

Postby champ » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 pm

If it was me, I'll probably have other plans for the long weekend.
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:17 pm

I would consider going but I'm working all of the long weekend.

Also, I'm in the same boat as Mark as I have kids and family commitments on weekends as I work a fair bit and sometimes odd hours at times.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby 3rspecb » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Same boat i.e kids and family commitments on the weekends, hard to spend most of the day away. I'm really enjoying/prefer the kebab meets as I can come down after the kids have gone to bed :D
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby Kekotic » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:31 pm

3rspecb wrote:Same boat i.e kids and family commitments on the weekends, hard to spend most of the day away. I'm really enjoying/prefer the kebab meets as I can come down after the kids have gone to bed :D

Then don't let Bruce turn them in to Posh events...... :roll:

Keep the kebab meets as kebab meets as they always go well. Stuff trying to turn them in to lunch meets at places we need to book in to.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Unlike some, I do enjoy the driving performance of the Liberty. Sure I use mine as a daily drive, but on the Monash and City start/stop does not allow me to enjoy the full dynamics of the car.

I have been through the family situation and know exactly about the commitments that some of you have. Nothing but respect! I am in a different situation and have more free time at my disposal on weekends than most. Hence the long cruise is my passion (along with coffee while watching someone else wash and polish the Lib).

In addition, if you have never seen the sunset or sunrise from the top of Mount Hotham, then you are missing one of great spectacles (weather dependent) in Victoria. I have done a lot of Alpine country touring in my earlier years and it has been more than a couple of years since touring the high country, so ticking that personal box again.

So regardless of your constraints and collective expressions, I will be pursuing my passion and ticking my boxes. Happy to share with any other passionate drivers, regardless of the car.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby teK-- » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Sorry Ric, am interested but had already booked trip to Mt Buller that weekend.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby bass_straitener » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
3rspecb wrote:Same boat i.e kids and family commitments on the weekends, hard to spend most of the day away. I'm really enjoying/prefer the kebab meets as I can come down after the kids have gone to bed :D

Then don't let Bruce turn them in to Posh events...... :roll:

Keep the kebab meets as kebab meets as they always go well. Stuff trying to turn them in to lunch meets at places we need to book in to.

I wouldn't call them "Posh events".

I was merely suggesting a place where we could possibly sit down. I used the example of the Fairfield park boathouse which has coffee and a variety of food, sit down area, is scenic and more likely to see partners/family come too.

The kebab meets have their place. Meet with the guys, talk cars, a bite to eat, are great, but with the weather cooling, I think other options must be investigated and put out there as EOI to see what the group wants. Some will work and some won't.

Cruises I think should be at most be a half day event at most with a short drive, a stop for a break and chat and then return. Just to bring this thread back on topic.
Last edited by bass_straitener on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby <GB> » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm

Cost too much in fuel and I'm going to Thailand so saving for that and a nice new cooler

I'd much rather a day cruise or half day
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby Ric » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:I'll update the banner if you want. But I'm not attending.
And yes Jake is right. The 2 day thing fucking sucks.

<GB> wrote:I'd much rather a day cruise or half day

That's why I'm doing the alternative one day cruise.

teK-- wrote:Sorry Ric, am interested but had already booked trip to Mt Buller that weekend.

The two day cruise goes straight through Mansfield, so you're just taking the scenic route to Mt Buller :)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Next

Return to VIC