Cruise feedback

Cruise feedback

Postby Ric » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:43 am

Cruise feedback.
I'd like some comments on how this cruise was organised. Note there are no "right" or "wrong" answers, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
In particular:
  • Starting time. Earlier, later, or just right?
    We usually start pretty early to avoid traffic on the roads.
  • Length. Shorter, longer, or about right?
    What sort of distance do you like to travel? This cruise was about 200km organised (from Lilydale to Moe), then 100km return leg back to the city.
  • Morning only, or all day?
    Do you prefer to head home after lunch, or have something to eat and keep going?
  • Photo stops. More/less?
    Would you like more (or less) time stopping at scenic spots to take pics of scenery/cars/girlfriends? :)
  • Speed.
    I was sticking within 3kph of the speed limit on flat roads. That's non-negotiable.
    On the curvy bits, I was doing about 8/10th to avoid losing anyone. What did you think of the speed on the curves?
  • Suggestions
    Is there anything else you'd like to suggest/comment on about this cruise, or future cruises?
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: Cruise feedback

Postby MH3.0R » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 pm

My feedback as follows:
Starting time. Earlier, later, or just right? - Just right
Length. Shorter, longer, or about right? - Just right
What sort of distance do you like to travel? All day is my preference
Do you prefer to head home after lunch, or have something to eat and keep going? Eat and keep going, but in the homeward direction
Photo stops. More/less? One is enough around lunch time or major stop, but always good to stop and smell the roses
Speed. I was sticking within 3kph of the speed limit on flat roads. That's non-negotiable. Good
On the curvy bits, I was doing about 8/10th to avoid losing anyone. What did you think of the speed on the curves? Also good
Suggestions. Need to mix up the routes some more to cater for the West and North suburbs.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby Kekotic » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Ric wrote:Cruise feedback.
I'd like some comments on how this cruise was organised. Note there are no "right" or "wrong" answers, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
In particular:
    Start time was fine, 30 minutes earlier would also be fine, but nothing later
    About right, especially considering how far the cruise took most of us from home. It was 1 hour and 30 minutes to get home for me driving on the M1 / Eastlink. As Mark mentioned if you make the cruise longer, it needs to be heading back towards the morning meet spot.
    Morning only is good, especially as most of our cruises seem to be on Sundays. Want to still have a bit of the day left when I get home
    Why were you taking photos of peoples girlfriends Ric? :P
  • Speed.
    Depending on where you sit in the pack, if you are in the middle of the pack those people sort of bank up a bit and then do way over the speed limit. That's why I sat at the back because I hate having people sitting right behind me during spirited driving. People need to learn to leave some room!
    On the curvy bits, I was doing about 8/10th to avoid losing anyone. What did you think of the speed on the curves?
  • Suggestions
    I like it better when we have a set location for Lunch, like Beechworth bakery etc. Was a bit strange this time around just stopping at a random Subway for lunch, but understandably it was a public holiday too.
    Next time no tailgaters!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby teK-- » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 pm

About right; wouldn't mind half an hour or so earlier. In saying that we chose a great day because there wasn't much traffic in any case. On a regular Sunday I'd suggest a 7am start.

About right, in terms of the dosage of twisty roads. The drive back of over 100Kms is a bit of a drag but unavoidable. Also because a lot of us split up at the last point it did make the drive home seem more taxing (only 4 of us in my convoy I recall).

If Sunday I wouldn't want to run past about 3pm or so, so that allowing 1.5 hours to get home there is still some of the daylight left to do other things. The earlier we start the better in that respect.

2 stops for photos should be more than enough. If they are at locations where there are refreshments, then bonus!
  • Speed.

We had a good pace. For much of the route there wasn't really much scope to get lost as such. It was more to stick together within radio range to act as watchouts for incoming traffic. This is the second cruise on which we used the hold and sprint tactic to get some higher speed runs and it is working well.
  • Suggestions
    Is there anything else you'd like to suggest/comment on about this cruise, or future cruises?
[/quote]

Stopping at a sit-down cafe or some other event where it is centred more about the destination rather than the drive there, could be nice. We could go to a location that has mini golf or some other sort of activity?
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:12 pm

teK-- wrote:Stopping at a sit-down cafe or some other event where it is centred more about the destination rather than the drive there, could be nice. We could go to a location that has mini golf or some other sort of activity?

GO KARTS!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby xyz » Sun May 01, 2011 1:22 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, and my only suggestion is what Kieran has already mentioned with setting a predetermined lunch location.
xyz

Car: 08 GTB

Postby Devour » Sun May 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Ric wrote:Cruise feedback.
In particular:
    Ive attended the cruise previously and the one that just passed. The times were roughly almost the same, early morning..give or take an hour or so difference in start time. So i would say the timing is just right.
    What sort of distance do you like to travel? This cruise was about 200km organised (from Lilydale to Moe), then 100km return leg back to the city.
    Distance id say is just about right. It takes us a fair while to get home also and most of us like to have some of the day left. Just about right for the distance.
    Do you prefer to head home after lunch, or have something to eat and keep going?
    I dont mind for this one, both works for me. Depending on if everyone else wants to keep going is usually how i gauge if i want to continue or not. Preference = either.
    Would you like more (or less) time stopping at scenic spots to take pics of scenery/cars/girlfriends? :)
    Photos id say is just about right, given the timeframe we have with the breaks and the chats and meeting with new people. Photo opportunities happen relatively quickly. I enjoy how the photos can be done along side everyone taking a break and a breather and stepping out of the cars. The time stops that we take are just right.
  • Speed.
    I was sticking within 3kph of the speed limit on flat roads. That's non-negotiable.
    WIth speed, each to their own. I would follow the speed limit on flat roads however on curves, i take it a bit faster. I think the speed that we take the curves on is spot on. We do it with care and then when hazards approach we stop. Any faster or harder and we may end up off the cliff. Speed = just right.
  • Suggestions

I enjoy the cruises that take place and i enjoy driving and meeting new people. So long as they continue im happy!. Thanks for all your hard work Ric, it never goes unnoticed. Keep organising the cruises as you do an excellent job and we all have a wonderful time with likeminded people and similar cars. =D
Devour

Car: R34 GTR V-Spec / MY07 2.5i

Return to VIC