Adelaide Cruise 2nd August

Adelaide Cruise 2nd August

Postby chadza » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi guys,

DETAILS UPDATED AND FINALISED-

After having my B4 for quite a few months now, I haven't been on a liberty cruise yet! I'd love to see what other liberties are around Adelaide and put some faces to names from the forum as well! I have posted up something on Ozlib.com as well so hopefully between the 2 forums we can get a reasonable turn out.

Details.

Date: Sunday 2nd August
Time: 3pm MEET TIME CHANGED
Meet point: Woolworths Cumberland park Carpark- Corner of Goodwood and Cross Roads. Enter off Little Street. (south carpark)
Route: Up the Freeway to Mt Lofty, then head north through the Hills (probably Lobethal) then down Chain of ponds ending in North East Adelaide.
Rough time allowance: 1-2 hours.

Apart from Lobethal I don't anticipate any stops being made so MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH PETROL AND FOOD for the afternoon. There is nothing worse than people rocking up at the meet point and then having to go off and get their shit together.

So if you are interested then it would be great if you could come along!
Last edited by chadza on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MY02 Blue Pearl Liberty B4 - 185kw atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" exhaust, Hyperflow CAI, Walbro FP
chadza

Car: MY02 Liberty B4

Re: Adelaide Cruise 2nd August

Postby Hotwire » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 pm

I could be interested, however won't be able to confirm for a week (about 1 week from the event)
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby tkboi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:15 pm

oh woot bout time for a cruise around the adel hills im up for it for sure =D, i dont mind where we meet ect. jsut get a few libs out and about and play with the beautiful adelaide hills
any news on the route and stuff as well yet ?
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby Ric » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:13 am

We're looking at 30+ for this Sunday in Melbourne, so you have a target to aim for now! :D

I think the secret is, rather than trying to please everyone, just get some concrete plans (date/time & route) in place early, then people can try to make time for it. :)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Hotwire » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Have you got a start location yet?
If the meet is South or Central I may be able to make it ;)
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
Hotwire

Postby chadza » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:57 pm

First post updated with details...

I hope my car is out of the shop by then!! Its been in since Tuesday with a rooted fuel regulator. You wouldn't think it'd be that hard to get a friggen regulator in Australia.....
chadza

Postby Spec B Wgn » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:01 pm

come and join TS mate heaps of subarus and a great club.

http://www.teamsooby.com
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby zorbaru » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:18 pm

not everyone wants to pay to be part of a club. thats why i didnt join.

anyways, would love to be in on this however, my wife is holding a baby sower for her friends which means i will be looking after my little one, thus 2 hours in the car wont be entertaining for him.
MY05 GT
Team Black

"Saying sorry doesnt excuse you from doing something stupid on purpose"
zorbaru

Postby Hotwire » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:16 pm

zorbaru wrote:not everyone wants to pay to be part of a club. thats why i didnt join.

I can understand your point here. I've been invovled with car clubs of various makes/models for the last 15 years, one in particualr for 11 years. In the end I was just so sick of always being the one left doing the work I gave up on clubs in general.. Now I like the idea of having a cruise with a group of like minded people without alll the heirachy, organisation and strict guidelines that go with being part of a club. Thus forum meetups can be good ;)
Hotwire

Postby Spec B Wgn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:38 pm

hope you get a turn out
Spec B Wgn

Postby chadza » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:50 pm

heh, its not looking too flash!!

Between 2 forums I think we have 3 definites and 2 or 3 maybe's. Not really the makings of a great cruise. I am toying with the idea of heading to RallySA on Sunday if a few more members don't pipe up soon.

It was short notice I know, but I thought a few more SA people might have replied......

SpecB Wgn- I have checked out the Team Sooby forum quite a bit- but it has very little on liberties, and I don't much care for the wrx talk.... :angry2:
chadza

Postby tkboi » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:36 pm

im a maybe atm depending on numbers =S, dont think its worth it unless we get 10 cars minimum =)
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby davidc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:11 pm

I'd love to be in this one boys however kids sport takes up most of the weekend, from Friday night to Sunday late afternoon. Send in the photos if it goes ahead though....
davidc

Postby smythie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:07 am

tkboi wrote:im a maybe atm depending on numbers =S, dont think its worth it unless we get 10 cars minimum =)
As far as the drive goes, I find it is just as much fun when it's only 3 or 4 as it is when you have 20 or so. Don't let small numbers scare you away from going on a drive in them there hills (yes, I've heard a LOT of good about your hills)
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Spec B Wgn » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 am

chadza wrote:heh, its not looking too flash!!

Between 2 forums I think we have 3 definites and 2 or 3 maybe's. Not really the makings of a great cruise. I am toying with the idea of heading to RallySA on Sunday if a few more members don't pipe up soon.

It was short notice I know, but I thought a few more SA people might have replied......

SpecB Wgn- I have checked out the Team Sooby forum quite a bit- but it has very little on liberties, and I don't much care for the wrx talk.... :angry2:

there's a good mix of cars actually, but i do take your point on clubs etc.

come along on the next cruise and make your own mind up, you may be surprised. its on the 23/8/09 its a winter warmers cruise..

this club was set up by some mates of mine who were disillusioned with another WRX club in Adelaide.

its a good bunch and a good mix..
Spec B Wgn

Next

Return to SA