K&T Automotive Track day 2013

Re: K&T Automotive Track day 2013

Postby tkboi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 am

simon chiu. car - 2001 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 manual black
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby WheelieBin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:48 am

Hmmm... an eBay helmet... what could go wrong?! :lol:
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby OzSTi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:57 am

Depending upon the date, I'm very interested in this.

Could be hot but still, unlikely to be wet.

Michael.
Last edited by OzSTi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael.
OzSTi

Car: '16 Mustang GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23470

Postby Dropz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 am

WheelieBin wrote:Hmmm... an eBay helmet... what could go wrong?! :lol:

I plan on making a paper mache one and then smoothing it over with body filler and painting it matte black, and I'm going to get REAL glass for the visor. Maybe used some scrunched up undies as padding on the inside, and a shoelace as a strap :) Full safety spec.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby CptUndies » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 am

Ben "WheelieBin" Horder told me I should get in on this but I think at this stage I'll just come and watch.
"This is an interesting circuit because it has inclines, and not just up, but down as well." - Murray Walker
CptUndies

Car: Lotus Elise

Postby Dropz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 am

Dave, from the sounds of it you're more of a driver than a spectator, so I'll add you to the maybe list :)
Dropz

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:45 am

Ben, I paid $29 for my helmet off gumtree :D It'll be obvious if it's damaged, or stink if it's been used lots :P
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby Dropz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 am

i saw on ebay a new helmet, australian complied for 100 inc postage. might as well just hit up that sort of deal
Dropz

Postby CptUndies » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 am

Dropz wrote:Dave, from the sounds of it you're more of a driver than a spectator, so I'll add you to the maybe list :)

I'll think about it, I normally go out with Trackskill. I'm still trying to get some stuff working well. Since replacing the Potenzas with Dunlop DZ03 semis I've been suffering drastic under steer to the point I have to use trail braking almost every corner. Need to get my mechanic to look at some more fixes. I'd rather it be naturally tail-happy than having intentionally to throw the tail out under brakes every corner. The car has quite a bit more power than stock. New from factory it is 88kw but I've had it producing up to 130kw on the dyno.
"This is an interesting circuit because it has inclines, and not just up, but down as well." - Murray Walker
CptUndies

Car: Lotus Elise

Postby shav » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 am

man I'd love to do this, but my car is not in any league to handle the hills yet Mallala raceway. Plus I gotta get approval from the Minister of Finance and Sexual Relations (MOFASR). :blush2:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby WheelieBin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 am

Haven't you seen the list of NAs up there. At least yours is turbo. Hey, one of them is even a Gen3! (sorry Michael ;))

The only thing I'm pondering doing before-hand is Brake Upgrade (pads and rotors only, I'm NOT wasting money on Brembos), and that's more for my own peace of mind than anything
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby shav » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 am

WheelieBin wrote:Haven't you seen the list of NAs up there. At least yours is turbo. Hey, one of them is even a Gen3! (sorry Michael ;))

The only thing I'm pondering doing before-hand is Brake Upgrade (pads and rotors only, I'm NOT wasting money on Brembos), and that's more for my own peace of mind than anything

True that Ben. Just think I'll be pretty piss poor around the track. The tires are also pretty average on a good day. (god knows how I know this already :mrgreen: ) Plus my brakes have only had the pads upgraded to MRT items. Be interesting to see what she would do in it's current 'stockish' condition.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

First time I went out to Mallala my car was stock, my springs are a little different to yours but that's it. Car went great, I was able to keep up with some of the guys on coilovers through corners and you've got more than enough power now :) It's the brakes you need to worry about, I started to do a bit more aggressive (still not late) braking towards the end of the day and I could feel the brakes fading after 4 fast laps or so...
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby shav » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:First time I went out to Mallala my car was stock, my springs are a little different to yours but that's it. Car went great, I was able to keep up with some of the guys on coilovers through corners and you've got more than enough power now :) It's the brakes you need to worry about, I started to do a bit more aggressive (still not late) braking towards the end of the day and I could feel the brakes fading after 4 fast laps or so...

Thanks Dan, That's one thing I find with these cars is the braking power is a bit lack lustre from stock. For me to be totally happy brake wise I'd want to see slotted rotors, braided lines and better fluid go in (Dot 4/5). The calipers seem ok to handle based on the driving I do so I dont want to over kill it and go Brembo's. :P In saying that though, you can never have enough braking power. The more the better and the more confidence you get approaching a corner fast.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Aidos » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:19 pm

50% sure.. depends if i can butter the wife up prior to it.

Is it open just to us Subaru boys?? Or can we bring along a +1 with there vehicle?
Might be an easy way to fill the numbers up to make it cheaper
MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B 5EAT
Wagon Obsidian Black
178kW @ Safe Tune (apparently)

Perrin TMIC | AVO 450 | 3" Magnaflow TBE (i think) | Empty CAT | 3" High Flow Exhaust Resonator | 2.5" Magnaflow Mufflers | APS Hi Flow Air Intake | DW300 Fuel Pump | Stronger Re-built Auto Transmission | Quick Shift Kit | Additional Clutch Plates | JJM Turboworld Tune (Last tune it had) | 20" Unknown Rims | STi Front Lip | STi Gear Knob | STi Lower Arm Bar | STi ECU | STi Braided Brake Lines | Full Lighting Upgraded | Tinted Rear Lights
Aidos

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

PreviousNext

Return to SA