Cruise - Sunday August 12th

Re: Cruise Sunday - August 12th

Postby Nottage969 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:30 am

bradr wrote:
WheelieBin wrote:
Nottage969 wrote:Hmmm...Could be hard trying to "impress" with a nearly stock MY03 2.5L N/A in your fleet, but i'll clean it or something! :lol:

From what I've seen, isn't 1/3 of Brad's front bar still missing? This is going to be an interesting little convoy :lol:

And Tommy, my car is totally stock, too, so don't despair about trying to impress - just the sheer numbers will leave them in awe!

Michael* :P. But yes, this is true. Considering like Ben said, we'll match their last cruise alone, we should be dressed to impress! And pleased to hear your baby is fixed.. Driving that lancer would be torment :(

P.s. maybe you could take me for a spin? Trying to decide between a 3.0L H6 and the Turbo GT :( dunno whether I want roar power or boost.. :?
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby bradr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:43 am

Sorry, Michael, original post corrected (I hate getting people's name wrong).

Sure, always happy to take people for a spin. Re the 3.0/turbo thing, there is seriously bugger-all between the two in a straight 0-100 to the point where you wouldn't notice the difference when you're driving. The 3.0 has torque over a wider range which has its advantages but it also uses more fuel (albeit it will get away with a cheaper, lower octane fuel which the turbo is less forgiving of). Insurance is also likely to be slightly lower with the 3.0 and there are more servicing issues with a turbo.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to perception and, when I was looking, I was completely indifferent to one over the other. The only thing that really pisses me off is getting body parts for the 3.0-specB is more challenging - the number of times I have read, "will not fit 3.0R-B". grrr

Sorry, off topic.

cheers,

bj
bradr

Car: MY06 3.0R-SpecB Sedan

Postby WheelieBin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:04 am

Nottage969 wrote:P.s. maybe you could take me for a spin? Trying to decide between a 3.0L H6 and the Turbo GT :( dunno whether I want roar power or boost.. :?

Leave the RX at the meet point and just hop between passenger seats during the day? Both mine and Brad's (I believe) cars are 100% stock, so gives you a good idea of what you're going to get (disclaimer: mine is auto).

I'm not going to divulge what I'm paying for insurance at the moment *whistles* :oops:

Edit: Insurance is probably still cheaper than the tax I'm going to have to pay :( For some reason Credit Union didn't withhold tax for my Term Deposit or Savings Account. So much for actually getting a tax return payout :(
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby bradr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Yer mine is an auto, too - I would have preferred a manual but I sold my old car and needed to get a replacement fairly quickly and this one came along just in time.

Mine is stock, too, but is a pre-facelift, not a post like Ben's.

Ben, if you have given your financial institutions your tax file number, then they won't take any tax out. And, if you think about it, keeping the money in your account means that you get to earn the interest on it for longer before you hand it over. I prefer to pay rather than get a refund every time, but that's just the accountant in me.

cheers,

bj
bradr

Car: MY06 3.0R-SpecB Sedan

Postby WheelieBin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:50 pm

bradr wrote:Ben, if you have given your financial institutions your tax file number, then they won't take any tax out. And, if you think about it, keeping the money in your account means that you get to earn the interest on it for longer before you hand it over. I prefer to pay rather than get a refund every time, but that's just the accountant in me.

That all makes sense, and I agree with you, but the part of me that was hoping for a nice little tax cheque to spend on more car things is sad :cry: :cry: :cry:
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby tkboi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:10 pm

yep im attending this cruise for sure!
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby Nottage969 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:18 pm

bradr wrote:Sorry, Michael, original post corrected (I hate getting people's name wrong).

Sure, always happy to take people for a spin. Re the 3.0/turbo thing, there is seriously bugger-all between the two in a straight 0-100 to the point where you wouldn't notice the difference when you're driving. The 3.0 has torque over a wider range which has its advantages but it also uses more fuel (albeit it will get away with a cheaper, lower octane fuel which the turbo is less forgiving of). Insurance is also likely to be slightly lower with the 3.0 and there are more servicing issues with a turbo.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to perception and, when I was looking, I was completely indifferent to one over the other. The only thing that really pisses me off is getting body parts for the 3.0-specB is more challenging - the number of times I have read, "will not fit 3.0R-B". grrr

Sorry, off topic.

cheers,

bj

Thanks mate, i would really appreciate that. All those things are things that i have considered in my argument between the two. I'm aware they have nearly identical power, and 0-100 there is minimal to zero noticeable difference. Just haven't experienced it myself. And through the hills/on a cruise i could think of no better way to do it! :P Don't think i could handle an auto. At all. But you never never know once i've been on a cruise in both!

Would love to have a chat about fuel economy, etc. even though that is not a huge concern to me but still plays a factor. Having said that, i don't think i could keep a GT out of boost anyway so it becomes a pretty uneconomical choice :P I think you're right that insurance would be less, and with my track record, and age, this would be a huge factor. It's funny the perceptions had between the two. Anyway, if i have anything else i shall take it to PM's, getting off topic :P Sorry Karl :evil:

Cheers :)

WheelieBin wrote:
Nottage969 wrote:P.s. maybe you could take me for a spin? Trying to decide between a 3.0L H6 and the Turbo GT :( dunno whether I want roar power or boost.. :?

Leave the RX at the meet point and just hop between passenger seats during the day? Both mine and Brad's (I believe) cars are 100% stock, so gives you a good idea of what you're going to get (disclaimer: mine is auto).

Great idea! If you were both up to that, i'd definitely consider it. See what happens between now and then, i'll keep in touch via PM's! :D Thanks guys.

tkboi wrote:yep im attending this cruise for sure!

Pleased to hear it, 3-some it is! :D
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby Da4sti3 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 pm

As per usual I'm a maybe may have the new wheels to show off by then tho so if so I'm definitely in but right now maybe !
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
Da4sti3

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

Re: Cruise - Sunday August 12th

Postby illuzn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:18 am

@Nottage969

The only other thing I would add is that the turbo is much easier from a modifying point of view to tickle for more power.

The 3.0R really only has exhaust modifications (including Raptors new headers). If you want more than that you have to go forced induction (either a custom turbo job or Raptors supercharger kit)
illuzn

Car: 2007 Liberty 3.0R Premium

Postby Hobba » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Put me down as a maybe for the cruise, pending if I'm away with work. Will def be away for the dinner unfortunately...
HyperFlow TMIC | HyperFlow Air Intake | AVO Dump Pipe | HKS ES Premium Exhaust | ECUTEK Type 2
Cusco Strut Brace w/BCS | F&R Cusco Sway Bars | Cusco HD Rear SB Mounts | Whiteline Anti-lift Kit
HKS Hipermax III BBTUNE Coilovers |18" Enkei EMK3 Hyper Silver
Hobba

Car: Liberty GT MY05 Black

Postby Dropz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 pm

My new ride will make an appearance at the meet. Woo!

I am excite.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby rooby » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Dropz wrote:My new ride will make an appearance at the meet. Woo!

I am excite.

Which one, the 93 Festiva or the POS XR8 Ute :lol:

I hope it is the 93 festiva with the XR8 engine.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby Dropz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 pm

New. POS XR8 is a garden gnome. Festiva is my daily until the POS sells.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby bilco512 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:16 am

i might be there depending on if my exhaust comes before then! :P
bilco512

Car: Spec-B MY05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon

Postby Da4sti3 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Put me down as coming I need a day off !

Also I'm assuming POS Ute means "piece of shit"
Otherwise I have no idea what ur talking about !
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
Da4sti3

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

PreviousNext

Return to SA