Cruise - Sunday August 12th

Re: Cruise - Sunday August 12th

Postby Da4sti3 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:42 am

U can "try" keep up with Taylor but u won't nobody's car I've seen will keep up with it
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
Da4sti3

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

Postby Dropz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:17 am

I know one guy that will give Taylor a good run.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:26 pm

I kind of kept up with it... While it was being driven in full auto though... :P
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby WheelieBin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:35 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:I kind of kept up with it... While it was being driven in full auto though... :P

...and you were sideways a lot of the time :P
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby tkboi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:49 pm

thats how you keep up right daniel? sideways was the only way to go at mallala :D
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Haha yeah, although from about 70 to 80 my car was faster in a straight line. Although that was 100% because of the gear ratios..

You're the master of being sideways at Mallala Tommi!
mynameisdaniel

Postby hamish_023 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Are you guys all joining me again at Collingrove in sept?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah I'm keen to try Collingrove, the one on the 8th? Not supposed to be working for once :)
mynameisdaniel

Postby Dropz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Not only that Dan, I was driving and it was my first time in that car! You gave me a good pace I felt.
Dropz

Postby ExRex » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Cheers for the well organised cruise fellas, will make sure I check the cruise notes before heading off next time! Was good to meet you all, and the pace was great, really enjoyed the 'cruise' to Lobethal. Finally got to find the limits of the Brembos (Brembo fronts only) which faded coming down towards the Corkscrew... Was hanging in there with Hamish and Taylor? for a while until the stoppers stopped stopping :shock: Hope the cruise home went well, see ya next time if I can make it.

PS - Mallala Track Day this Friday 17th and Collingrove Hillclimb Sept 8th (as Hamish mentioned), I'll be at both... Anyone else going?
ExRex

Car: MY09 Forester XT-P

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:31 pm

ExRex wrote:Cheers for the well organised cruise fellas, will make sure I check the cruise notes before heading off next time! Was good to meet you all, and the pace was great, really enjoyed the 'cruise' to Lobethal. Finally got to find the limits of the Brembos (Brembo fronts only) which faded coming down towards the Corkscrew... Was hanging in there with Hamish and Taylor? for a while until the stoppers stopped stopping :shock: Hope the cruise home went well, see ya next time if I can make it.

PS - Mallala Track Day this Friday 17th and Collingrove Hillclimb Sept 8th (as Hamish mentioned), I'll be at both... Anyone else going?

+1, thanks Karl, good route apart from the wait for lunch :P

How do you find out about these track days? Would've been keen to go Friday :(
What do I need to do to go along to Collingrove?

Also, I have photos of everyone's cars. If you want your plates hidden let me know, otherwise I won't bother blanking them.
mynameisdaniel

Postby WheelieBin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:41 pm

So, I completely failed today LOL. Apart from not following directions and leading people astray (sorry guys!), I just realised I spent the entire day in S instead of S# :shock: :oops:

Heaps happy with how the mufflers sounded throughout the drive though, and surprised at how much better the car feels on the road with the new rims and new(er) tyres :D

Despite my little detours, and the delay for lunch, excellent day as always, looking forward to the next one Karl! :P
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby Dropz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:35 pm

I was surprised with how well my car did haha. But damn that AFM throwing codes all the time. I was keeping with taylor alright heading towards lobethal until it went. And coming down norton summit, I loved that. Taylor trying to catch up haha. Then he did :( Then my AFM went. grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Few mods and I should be reliably and comfortably in the lead pack.

Ill get the next date sorted and start organising a cruise. September 8th would be great to go see the hillclimb, maybe a group cruise out there?
Dropz

Postby Dropz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Also, 3/4 tank for 160km. BP Beliar to cruise meet, cruise, mine (blackwood) then woodcroft. Ha, twin turbo shit.

And realised when I got to caitlins my tailgate is covered in black specks, its not carbon from the exhuast, its my stupid Bob Jane Xenons shredding themselves haha! It'll be canvas in no time! haha
Dropz

Postby ExRex » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:37 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:How do you find out about these track days? Would've been keen to go Friday :(
What do I need to do to go along to Collingrove?

Also, I have photos of everyone's cars. If you want your plates hidden let me know, otherwise I won't bother blanking them.

Track Day info... >>HERE<<
You just rock up on any of the practice days and pay about $130-140 for the day incl. CAMS day license. You'll need helmet and full length cotton or wool clothing.
Collingrove... just got to fill out one of >>THESE<< or check the website >>HERE<<

Yeah, if you don't mind blanking my plates that'd be great thanks Dan :)

WheelieBin wrote:So, I completely failed today LOL. Apart from not following directions and leading people astray (sorry guys!), I just realised I spent the entire day in S instead of S# :shock: :oops:

No probs, if I wasn't so lazy I could have checked the map and pointed you in the right direction - all good!
ExRex

Car: MY09 Forester XT-P

PreviousNext

Return to SA