[QLD] Go Karting? When?

[QLD] Go Karting? When?

Postby sooobi » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4.. No mods, honest...
sooobi

Car: my05mt GT b.spec no neons
Profile URL: http://forum.liberty.asn.au

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:08 am

love the idea mate however archerfield...... big thumbs down...... with half awake staff, unsafe karts, and carefree management...

ill vote a pass on archerfield..

i know there are a couple more kart tracks floatin around, ill see wat other info i can find

and soobi, i would suggest opening this up to more than one liberty forum. rest assured you will not find enough folk interested or even noticing this here...

same is going for the meet up... others are invited as to avoid it being only a couple of us there...
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby GT_Tony » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:31 am

there is MSI Karting out the back of Yatala / Ormeau, they have a decent track with alright carts (a bit on the exspensive side ($80 for 30/40 mins))

Kingston Park Karts?? dont know the track or karts.. but i pass the sign everyday to work on the logan motorway LOL

Le Mans, Yatala, its only a time-trial track, you do the track one kart at a time (not against your mates)
GT_Tony
-stickered-

Car: Black 05 GT Sedan

Postby sooobi » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:30 am

We talked about this in person last night and a decision has now been made:

Lemans = first time karters only, more of a hill climb than a kart track..

Archerfield = let the boys down horribly, might get a chance to redeem themselves in future.. but not this time round.

Big Kart Track = near austraya zoo and worthwhile if you're in teh area - be sure to stop after one lap and complain that your kart is slow.. (good advice in general really)
:wink:

But teh winner and the new location for our next QLD meet:

KINGSTON PARK!!!! (Yay!!!!)

http://www.gokarts.com.au/index.php/kar ... togethere/

We'll give it a shot.. who's in?? We need numbers!!

This offer will not last, this event will proceed shortly, do not miss your chance to be involved, don't forget the free set of steak knives!

If you have a hectic schedule, then please let us know WHEN THIS SUITS YOU!

So, that's the where sorted, now for the WHO & WHEN..

Mid-August? Late August? Before?

POST UP!
sooobi

Postby GT_Tony » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:45 pm

im in!! prob round up a few mates too

Schumacher Pro Karts FTW!!!

as for times the first weekend of august is not good for me (WRX experince :P) and the 28 - 31 is not good... POWERCRUISE!! :oops:
*** Team Tony *** 555 ***
GT_Tony
-stickered-

Car: Black 05 GT Sedan

Postby 05gtwagonman » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:07 pm

pending the usual probs of getting around kids I'm in. Sat or sunday early arvo best. Late august better, but if we lock in quick I haven't booked my cairns run in yet ( takes out the week) so I can be a little flex...

Must say that the carts should now be replaced at Archefield so most of the problems should be sorted... Two stroke is better than 4 stroke, so I'll be in for going back there next time...
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby 05gtwagonman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Was appenin peeps? this and oz lib meets are all falling into a heap. Kurt where are you. Anyone else that I have met? Soobi????? c'mon... lets gooooooooooo....
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby 05gtwagonman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:24 pm

August is now pretty full for me. 3rd sept sees the lib go down to Chiptorque for a dyno and flash tune, so before or after im sure there will be a story for those interested... Dates...
05gtwagonman

Postby LIBER8ED » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:59 pm

sorry rick, im here... have kinda lost all motivation lately with the luck ive been having with subaru, ive really only been driving too and from work..

am keen for the karting day, but cant commit to a day atm, due to work.. ill try to keep my on here and keep in the loop..

get this on ozliberty as well, you will be lucky to get enough to make it worthwhile out of here

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby 05gtwagonman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi Kurt,

Chin up big fulla...
It's a work related expense. Hang out till the CHP or lease is done, get one with a hair dryer and join the minions in the happy happy GT joy luck club- where even if your car suffers from intermittent surging throughout the rev range, you walk into the garage have one look at your ride, wipe the jiz off the inside of your strides, get in and get ready to show the world that family wagons can rock...

BTW this kart thread is officially taking too long to get together... I'm loosing interest. And Jarrod over at ozlib got a bit shirty with me pushing there too, so I give the F*&k up...
Is it really this hard to get a dozen guys to have some fun on karts together????? :(
05gtwagonman

Postby sooobi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Haha!!

F*CK OZLIB!!! Have posted here: http://www.subyclub.com/index.php?showtopic=38 an exzcellent new forum..

We just gotta decide on a day that suits us...
sooobi

Postby LIBER8ED » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:11 am

welcome to the land of the unmotivated ric... thats why i gave up planning things many many months ago... no one seems to give a shit, ant it just prooves frustrating for those in an attempt to organise.

i know soobi your lack of dis satisfaction with ozlib, however it had not been for the ozlib guys coming to the dinner meet, it would have been graeme and myself..... woo hooo... no offence champ.. lol..

all the cruises, dinners, functions, gatherings, anything have been with them, cause as many people as there are in here from QLD, no one ever seems interested.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby sooobi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:53 pm

Nah, you mistake my intention mate.. I love the guys from ozlib! I shared over 4000 pearls of wisdom with them over the last few years.. its not the dudes its the site.. thankfully we have asn, rslc, subyclub and the others.. really it's just a shame that google ads takes soooo many people there..

GO KARTING is wicked fun, it WILL happen, the more the merrier certainly, and hell yes we'll let everyone know it's on.. so long as yerself, jazzrod, grayham, frankie, richo, me and my mates can sort out a day we'll be laughin.

Anyone else interested, you're welcome..
sooobi

Postby AdamW » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:37 am

I’de definitely be up for some gatherings.. Not back in the country until the 15 September thou..
MY08 Liberty GT-B tb STi 6MT -
With Just a Few Mods to (including but not limited to)..

Brakes - Suspension - Wheels - Intercooler - Headers - Exhaust - Dump Pipe - Turbo - CAI - Tune Etc..

Just Over 220kW ATW with more to come in a couple of weeks..
AdamW

Postby sooobi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:48 am

AdamW wrote:I’d definitely be up for some gatherings.. Not back in the country until the 15 September thou..

Any good? Ric the wag05 reckons he's got it in the bag..
sooobi

Next

Return to QLD