SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June (Updated 23/05/14)

Re: SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June (Updated 29/04/14)

Postby CAAD7 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 pm

I also think BP on opposite side of road probably not best option.
I think you will find that getting a carpark for 15+ cars at the BP will be more of a challenge than Dreamworld, especially if we are meeting at 9am.
I vote pick a corner of the DW carpark furthest from the entry, and we will vacate the spots before 10am when DW opens. People are too lazy to park further away than they have to, so we will be in the spots left till the very last people arrive anyway.

I think Tambo will be a real squeeze for us all. If there is no lawn bowls on, suggest the side street up next to the Shell servo, at least we can park both sides of the road, and people can wander to IGA or the loo if required. You could of course park the other end of town, outside the police station 8)
CAAD7

Car: 07 GT SpecB 6MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23838

Postby K9_William » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:24 pm

CAAD7 wrote:I vote pick a corner of the DW carpark furthest from the entry, and we will vacate the spots before 10am when DW opens.

This ^, we would be out by 9:30 or something right? no way an entire car park worth of people would be waiting at dreamworld for half and hour.
1992 Subaru Liberty LX (Phoenician Blue) - stock engine, stock exhaust, stock rims, well lets just say its mostly stock right now, actually the only thing that's not original is the oil cap and the stereo.
K9_William

Car: MY92 Gen1 S2 LX Liberty Sedan

Postby oldmate » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm easy, my original thought was Dreamworld as the carpark is huge, but wasn't sure if there was security patrol that does the rounds near opening time that might shoe us away. I'll change it back to Dreamworld as starting point in the first comment :) Not knowing the area the forum is open for discussion as to better paths/stopping points along the way. Still plenty of time for everyone to come to an agreement.
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Car: MY05 2.0T Liberty GT Wagon

Postby oldmate » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:53 pm

K9_William wrote:petrol station got enough room for potentially 20 cars? and will anyone else be in a gen 1, i see someone posting with a 94 RS but i dont see it saying he his going, i reallly dont want to be the odd one out among a sea of new cars also car looks a little crap just because its stock height on stock wheels (not gonna assume im the youngest person, it could be possible? with the oldest car haha) but trip will be fun either way, just ordered gasket stuff other day, front brakes today (havnt checked back but they should be fine, mechanic woulda told me otherwise,) gonna remove the grill and replace with black mesh before hopefully with blue badge instead of the black. oh and my buddy wants to come along too, so he would love to take some pics if anyone wants? this is only if the installs all go without fault!

im not a rocket surgeon but i think ill manage!

hey man we do it for the pride and passion, we dont discriminate :)
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Postby redbucket » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm

A decent regathering spot through numinbah is Bochow Park. It's not too far from halfway, has a big enough car park for 15 or so cars, and last time I was there was low car friendly.
redbucket

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon

Postby oldmate » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:13 pm

redbucket wrote:A decent regathering spot through numinbah is Bochow Park. It's not too far from halfway, has a big enough car park for 15 or so cars, and last time I was there was low car friendly.

Surely there'd be a few parks along the way we could pull it up at for photos or something. Are you to throw up a link or google maps image at all? :-)
oldmate

Postby redbucket » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:28 pm

There's not a lot to be honest! There's the carpark/entry way into Natural Bridge which is OK, but haven't been there for years so not if the layout has been changed. There's a small area at the border crossing, which has a great outlook, but way too small an area for more than about 5/6 cars. There's a couple of nice straight bits of road through the farms in the valley with enough room to pull off and line up the cars, which gives a nice backdrop of the mountains.

I prefer to be driving though, not just looking out for nice spots to pull off for pictures 8)

Bochow Park is here:

https://goo.gl/maps/L2JfN

Small pull off area with a decent backdrop (6-10 cars would probably fit here).

https://goo.gl/maps/xBTOz

And if the grass has recently been slashed along this stretch, it'd be OK for a large group to diagonal park between the fence and the road.

https://goo.gl/maps/N6qL1
redbucket

Postby Ashaarah » Thu May 01, 2014 12:28 am

oldmate wrote:
K9_William wrote:petrol station got enough room for potentially 20 cars? and will anyone else be in a gen 1, i see someone posting with a 94 RS but i dont see it saying he his going, i reallly dont want to be the odd one out among a sea of new cars also car looks a little crap just because its stock height on stock wheels (not gonna assume im the youngest person, it could be possible? with the oldest car haha) but trip will be fun either way, just ordered gasket stuff other day, front brakes today (havnt checked back but they should be fine, mechanic woulda told me otherwise,) gonna remove the grill and replace with black mesh before hopefully with blue badge instead of the black. oh and my buddy wants to come along too, so he would love to take some pics if anyone wants? this is only if the installs all go without fault!

im not a rocket surgeon but i think ill manage!

hey man we do it for the pride and passion, we dont discriminate :)

I totally said that already =[ NO ONE LISTENS TO ME XD!!
I need to know ALLLL of the things!
Ashaarah

Car: '00 Gen3 Sedan

Postby K9_William » Sun May 11, 2014 10:25 pm

so a few days prior all details will be permanent right? my brakes didnt work out, so have new ones coming, gasket covers should be here soon, and if all goes well i will have a new set of 17" rims in a few days! :D!!
1992 Subaru Liberty LX (Phoenician Blue) - stock engine, stock exhaust, stock rims, well lets just say its mostly stock right now, actually the only thing that's not original is the oil cap and the stereo.
K9_William

Car: MY92 Gen1 S2 LX Liberty Sedan

Postby redbucket » Sun May 11, 2014 10:51 pm

I'm out. Farken kids birthday parties.....
redbucket

Postby Kody.B » Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 am

Won't make this one sorry guys, have another cruise closer to home with some friends so will go on that and save some $$$ for the car upgrade :D

@ K9, don't stress about your age/car. Last year I went on cruises on my L's haha :lol:
| 2004 Safety Pack 2.5i 5MT|
|2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec 9|
2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Kody.B

Car: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18714

Postby CAAD7 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:50 am

Darn it Kody! I was hoping you were going to bring the camera!
I will organise to make a trip Nth Side for some shots when uni is a bit less hectic!
CAAD7

Car: 07 GT SpecB 6MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23838

Postby oldmate » Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 pm

CAAD7 wrote:Darn it Kody! I was hoping you were going to bring the camera!
I will organise to make a trip Nth Side for some shots when uni is a bit less hectic!

I have a mate coming in his new wrx that is a photographer that can take some shots :-)
oldmate

Postby ferret89 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 am

oldmate wrote:

I have a mate coming in his new wrx that is a photographer that can take some shots :-)

When you say new wrx, do you mean the brand new 2015 wrx?
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby oldmate » Wed May 14, 2014 10:19 am

ferret89 wrote:
oldmate wrote:

When you say new wrx, do you mean the brand new 2015 wrx?

Yeah man, I fkd up the op. He picks its up today :-)
oldmate

PreviousNext

Return to QLD