SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June (Updated 23/05/14)

Re: SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June (Updated 24/04/14)

Postby Adsupnorth » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 am

denjamin wrote:From depression bay just head straight out to the Bruce Hwy or the Gateway, whichever is closer to where you are, and then follow the highway south toward the gold coast for at least an hour. You will eventually see signs for Dreamworld at Coomera. I forget the exit number but it would be around 75 or so. Once you get to the meeting spot you'll be able to follow everyone else on the cruise.

I'll try to make this one coz I'll be keen as mustard to give my car a good run after a major service and new suspension bits installed

Dreamworld is exit 54. It's my exit , so this seems like the perfect chance to meet the locals!!

Got my MY10 GT not long ago. Still waiting on hand controls (I'm in a wheelchair) to be installed so if they're in by then I'd be keen to come along and meet everyone.

+1 as a maybe.
Adsupnorth

Car: 2010 MY10 Subaru Liberty GT Premium

Postby kiahatsiu » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Useless info. There is an eflex vendor at Upper Coomra, and an e85 site at Nerrang. I might be able to swing this one.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby redbucket » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Jerry can it. I'll lug one around for you.
redbucket

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon

Re: SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June (Updated 29/04/14)

Postby oldmate » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Updated starting point, but route is still the same :-)
Question though, who has actually taken this route and is confident leading the pack?
Also if anyone has handheld radios should prob bring them in case anyone gets left behind(sorry denski and ash :-D)
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Car: MY05 2.0T Liberty GT Wagon

Postby redbucket » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 pm

I know the route well, but in a stock gen V, I ain't leading shit.
redbucket

Postby oldmate » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 pm

redbucket wrote:I know the route well, but in a stock gen V, I ain't leading shit.

Oh cmon now, dont be like that :-(
:-)
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Postby Ashaarah » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Hah, you should bring me a radio, Greg =P I'm sure I'll get left behind again XD still not that confident at driving haha so yeah.
Omg denski, don't you have 2 radios anyway?
I've driven down to murwillumbah a heap of times but not the route we are taking >_> why don't you lead, Greg... It's your cruise!! =P
I need to know ALLLL of the things!
Ashaarah

Car: '00 Gen3 Sedan

Postby oldmate » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Ashaarah wrote:Hah, you should bring me a radio, Greg =P I'm sure I'll get left behind again XD still not that confident at driving haha so yeah.
Omg denski, don't you have 2 radios anyway?
I've driven down to murwillumbah a heap of times but not the route we are taking >_> why don't you lead, Greg... It's your cruise!! =P

Im happy to be "the leader" if no one else wants to. Having never driven that road before, not 100% sure what the road is like, dont want to miss any turn offs like I nearly did last time, blind leading the blind haha. :-D
oldmate

Postby K9_William » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:28 pm

petrol station got enough room for potentially 20 cars? and will anyone else be in a gen 1, i see someone posting with a 94 RS but i dont see it saying he his going, i reallly dont want to be the odd one out among a sea of new cars also car looks a little crap just because its stock height on stock wheels (not gonna assume im the youngest person, it could be possible? with the oldest car haha) but trip will be fun either way, just ordered gasket stuff other day, front brakes today (havnt checked back but they should be fine, mechanic woulda told me otherwise,) gonna remove the grill and replace with black mesh before hopefully with blue badge instead of the black. oh and my buddy wants to come along too, so he would love to take some pics if anyone wants? this is only if the installs all go without fault!

im not a rocket surgeon but i think ill manage!
1992 Subaru Liberty LX (Phoenician Blue) - stock engine, stock exhaust, stock rims, well lets just say its mostly stock right now, actually the only thing that's not original is the oil cap and the stereo.
K9_William

Car: MY92 Gen1 S2 LX Liberty Sedan

Postby denjamin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:35 am

Yep I have 2 radios.

And even if you're the only gen1 in the cruise, if I'm in attendance it will be in my rough as guts looking, stock height gen2 wagon so you won't be out of place lol. Oh, unless I get the billies installed on the rear. Then I'll at least be half lowered :lol:
Daily- '09 MY10 Outboat | 2.5i Premium CVT | Obscure Beige Pearl
Weekend Warrior- '94 G2S1 battlewagon | 2.2L 5sp manual | deep blue
Wrecking- '92 G1S2 LX sedan | 2.2L 4sp auto | white
denjamin

Car: '94 2Gen Wagony goodness

Postby WIDELOAD » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:31 am

denjamin wrote: Oh, unless I get the billies installed on the rear. Then I'll at least be half lowered :lol:

#GOTSTANCE?

Did a bit of a half dry run yesterday on my day off. Went Mt Tamborine, out to Beechmont before heading back home via nerang from the Murwillimbah turn off.
The roads are pretty shit, even worse than i remember. But it should be a good drive.
Parking at Mt Tambo will be at a premium, especially at the time of monring we will be there. But we should all be able to fit into the IGA capark pretty easy.
From there if we're going via beechmont there is a little park with toilets etc for a pitstop spot that should fit everybody in.
WIDELOAD

Car: MY08 GT Spec B

Postby Ashaarah » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:20 am

My Gen 3 is only stock too, so don't worry about what your car looks like. Cruises aren't just about showing off how much money you've spent on your car they are about meeting new people with the same passion as you and forming a network with a wealth of information. I barely know half of what people are talking about when a bonnet comes up and I still enjoy it so put your old car issues aside and just look forward to having a pretty swell time. :D
I need to know ALLLL of the things!
Ashaarah

Car: '00 Gen3 Sedan

Postby redbucket » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:35 am

I just have a couple of comments. Don't want to be a wet blanket or anything....

- Tamborine on Sunday morning is very busy. I'm not sure this is such an awesome idea for a big group of cars,
- BP Coomera is on the northbound side of the highway. This might confuse some people, as the majority will be heading southbound to the meet point. Would it be better to meet at BP Yatala? (or even somewhere like Amart at Helensvale?)
- Coming back from Murwillimbah there are a couple of options. One is back through the Currumbin Valley (more twisties), and the other is back along the Pacific Hwy. I'll be keen to go back via the twisty option.

Just my 2c.
redbucket

Postby K9_William » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:33 am

i don't know the areas or anything, its that busy on a Sunday morning? and how would the dreamworld car park be full as the edited original post says it could be? also because its the first day of July would that cause any issues with traffic and such?

And about my car, its not exactly that its stock, its that its both old and stock, if there were 2 gen 1's then it would look pretty cool, but i have a car that could be worth potentially less then the mods on others... maybe on a few then, if i tried id reckon i could get a couple K for my car. oh and i forgot i also wanna put the little spoiler on before this, got it off a 94 WRX i think it was, only small but i think it will look nice on the rear, i think its only slightly bigger then the stock spoiler some gen 1's have, and its a little more curvy, not 100% on how great that will look.
1992 Subaru Liberty LX (Phoenician Blue) - stock engine, stock exhaust, stock rims, well lets just say its mostly stock right now, actually the only thing that's not original is the oil cap and the stereo.
K9_William

Car: MY92 Gen1 S2 LX Liberty Sedan

Postby WIDELOAD » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am

WIDELOAD wrote:But we should all be able to fit into the IGA capark pretty easy.

redbucket wrote:- Tamborine on Sunday morning is very busy. I'm not sure this is such an awesome idea for a big group of cars,

See my post.

EDIT: Link https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Bl ... 6328252c0b
WIDELOAD

Car: MY08 GT Spec B

PreviousNext

Return to QLD