SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June (Updated 23/05/14)

SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June (Updated 23/05/14)

Postby oldmate » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:29 pm

--Just over a week to go, should be a good turnout. So it seems to be agreed that we'll all meet at the dreamworld carpark anywhere between 830-9. If anyone has a haldheld uhf they want to bring for communications along the way, otherwise we'll work something out so no one gets lost.

Alright guys and gals, time to organise the next cruise. Figured if we have heaps of notice for this one we can try and get as many people show up a possible. I was going to have a vote as to who the organiser was going to be, but I know Denski would have won hands down :lol: , so I thought I'd start it off myself and see how we go. After last cruise I think "most" of us agreed on a Tambourine and/or Springbrook run. I guess now is that part where we all suggest start times and runs. Go!

Attending:(if you guys can confirm ill update as necessary)
Oldmate
Beavis(ozfoz)
badhairday(ozfoz)
rma93(ozfoz)
Dabawss(brand spanking newbie 2015 wrx)
gazza
Ashaara
Kiahatsiu
Wideload
caad7
mark
denjamin
subidanial
adsupnorth - probably
buddylove - hopefully
Steve - maybe
Luke(fb member) - maybe
k9_william -depends
Last edited by oldmate on Sat May 24, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 30 times in total.
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Car: MY05 2.0T Liberty GT Wagon

Re: SEQ Cruise - Sunday 1st June

Postby denjamin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Hahaha thanks for the vote of confidence!

I was toying around with the idea of running up to The Greatest Lookout of All down Springbrook way. There's a half decent sized car park that would allow for a photo shoot of sorts. I think there are a few cafes on the way if we wanted to mark a few check points.
Daily- '09 MY10 Outboat | 2.5i Premium CVT | Obscure Beige Pearl
Weekend Warrior- '94 G2S1 battlewagon | 2.2L 5sp manual | deep blue
Wrecking- '92 G1S2 LX sedan | 2.2L 4sp auto | white
denjamin

Car: '94 2Gen Wagony goodness

Postby oldmate » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:03 pm

So, hows this sound? Meet at dreamworld carpark 8-9 ish then head up to Tambourine(bout 1/2 hr) have some photos, coffee, darbs whatever you enjoy :-) then head the back way to Springbrook(bout an hr) park, yap, whatnot. Then head down towards tallebudgera(45ish) then???? Im not massively familar with the area so if any locals can nominate some good spots to pull up I'll google map that $h17 and post some pics of alternate routes??
My05 Liberty GT Premium Wagon - Team White - Custom 3" Dump Pipe - Ultrex Cat Back Exhaust/Custom Twin Tips - K&N Filter - DIY Mesh Grill - Resonectomy - 18" King Wheels (Drifta) - Kobe Motorsport Silicon Inlet + SFB - Kobe Motorsport 50/50 BOV - Anycarlink 1080d - Whiteline Rear Sway Bars - AVO HD Mounts - Trailboss HD Towbar - DBA T2 Slotted Rotors Front And Rear
oldmate

Postby WIDELOAD » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:23 am

What about Tamborine->Murwillimbah via springbrook. It's a good 1.5hrs+ and there a few peel off point of people want to head off at any time.

Linky: Clicky Clicky
WIDELOAD

Car: MY08 GT Spec B

Postby redbucket » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:01 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:What about Tamborine->Murwillimbah via springbrook. It's a good 1.5hrs+ and there a few peel off point of people want to head off at any time.

Linky: Clicky Clicky

From the Qld/NSW border, down into Murwillimbah is one of my favourite bits of road. I'm not sure if I'll be home from work for that date just yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
redbucket

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon

Postby Ghoatman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:35 pm

I'll have to pass on this one, bit far from Sunny Coast, 2.5 hours just to the start point. :(
Ghoatman

Car: '94 RS Wagon

Postby gazza021 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:49 am

Plenty of notice? I'm in. :-D
gazza021

Car: MY04 Liberty GT Premium Wagon

Postby subiedanial » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 am

I should be in pending if the missus has uni exams. I like the idea of murwillumbah run due to if you want photos there quite a few options. Being sugar cane area theres that back drop also mt warning in the background. Also just bush type backgrounds. Then back along the highway you can pull off for a beach and surf back drop at like currumbin or something
My lesbian neighbors gave me a Rolex for Christmas. Guess they misunderstood when I said I wanna watch....
subiedanial

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty GT Premium

Postby subiedanial » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:04 am

There a spot in cudgen (just outside murwillumbah) called plantation house and tropical fruit world. Heaps of parking and spectacular views. :D
My lesbian neighbors gave me a Rolex for Christmas. Guess they misunderstood when I said I wanna watch....
subiedanial

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty GT Premium

Postby CAAD7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Best of All Lookout carpark is always full (including toursist buses), you would struggle to get a group of 3 cars there after 9:30-10am, let along 10+

Murwillumbah sounds nice actually. No issues with Tambo either. As usual my fuel gauge will dictate how far I can go due to $$.
CAAD7

Car: 07 GT SpecB 6MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23838

Postby oldmate » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:58 pm

$30 in the centre console every pay check should cover it :-)
Nothing like a hidden stash
oldmate

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Midnightish over nebo some time.
Let the wagon off its leash on the Fernvale side.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby redbucket » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 pm

In*

*You start at The Gap, I'll start on Glorious.
redbucket

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon

Postby oldmate » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:51 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:Midnightish over nebo some time.
Let the wagon off its leash on the Fernvale side.

Are you saying you havent done that yet? :-)
oldmate

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Many many many times. But not in this guise. I most likely do 2 late night Nebo runs a week when I am home, and have done for the last 5 years... To be honest I don't break the speed limit or cross the lines on these runs, but I don't really slow down for corners either.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Next

Return to QLD