Another Snowy run... Sunday 21st March

Re: Another Snowy run... Sunday 21st March

Postby Kevlar GT » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Ok, bump it back to the top for the guys interested in coming on this cruise. This coming Sunday, 21st - not long to go. Make sure your cars are all good to go. It will be along day on the roads but from what I am told well worth it.

Anyone able to put Roddez up for the night?? I'm currently undergoing renovations at my house and it's a shambles so as much as I would like to I really can't. I've met him on one of the Nowra runs and he's not too bad a bloke really :wink: :lol: . Anyone??

Meet point and time updated on first page.

Get keen people!
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Roddez » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:56 pm

I did have a very nice offer of someone willing to put me up for the night. However I am going to have to pull out of this cruise. It came down to a choice between sailing and driving - Sailing on Sydney Harbour won out this time round.
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Postby senator » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Roddez wrote:I did have a very nice offer of someone willing to put me up for the night. However I am going to have to pull out of this cruise. It came down to a choice between sailing and driving - Sailing on Sydney Harbour won out this time round.

sailing.... wins :lol: everytime....
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby bugli » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:Ok, bump it back to the top for the guys interested in coming on this cruise. This coming Sunday, 21st - not long to go. Make sure your cars are all good to go. It will be along day on the roads but from what I am told well worth it.

Anyone able to put Roddez up for the night?? I'm currently undergoing renovations at my house and it's a shambles so as much as I would like to I really can't. I've met him on one of the Nowra runs and he's not too bad a bloke really :wink: :lol: . Anyone??

Meet point and time updated on first page.

Get keen people!

I've been keen for this trip since we started planning lol - this week is dragging already! :russian_roulette:
bugli
-stickered-

Car: MY03 RX

Postby Kevlar GT » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Roddez wrote:I did have a very nice offer of someone willing to put me up for the night. However I am going to have to pull out of this cruise. It came down to a choice between sailing and driving - Sailing on Sydney Harbour won out this time round.

Awesome stuff Rod. I am glad someone offered at least, middle of or after April I will have my house back to normal so the invite will be there again if needed. Well, in the nicest possible way I hope you get the wind up you! LOL !

Bugli - Yes, tell me about it. Mind you I had a small win at work with my boss. I held out on brining in the hired guns, solved a problem and saved my section thousands of dollars. My boss was quiet about it but I did get recognition from higher sources than him so a win all round.

The final point on this post is that I had Zimmo ring me (those that have met him know he's a friend of Gunna and a top bloke) - he will be in Thredbo Sunday and wanted to know if we could do the route in that direction so he could hook up with us. Worst case scenario I was thinking we could do the downhill run to Khancoban and then turn around and drive back the way we came. That way we get to enjoy the climb up the twisties as well.

Thoughts? Objections?
Kevlar GT

Postby bugli » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:20 pm

My boss has been off on stress leave the last two weeks and will be the rest of this week too so happy days all round!

I've got no objections.
bugli
-stickered-

Postby sundayDriver » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:

Awesome stuff Rod. I am glad someone offered at least, middle of or after April I will have my house back to normal so the invite will be there again if needed. Well, in the nicest possible way I hope you get the wind up you! LOL !

Bugli - Yes, tell me about it. Mind you I had a small win at work with my boss. I held out on brining in the hired guns, solved a problem and saved my section thousands of dollars. My boss was quiet about it but I did get recognition from higher sources than him so a win all round.

The final point on this post is that I had Zimmo ring me (those that have met him know he's a friend of Gunna and a top bloke) - he will be in Thredbo Sunday and wanted to know if we could do the route in that direction so he could hook up with us. Worst case scenario I was thinking we could do the downhill run to Khancoban and then turn around and drive back the way we came. That way we get to enjoy the climb up the twisties as well.

Thoughts? Objections?

It's all good by me, glad to see zimmo can make it.
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby Turtlez » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:39 pm

bad news guys, work is being annoying, and im going to be working this weekend, so the drive is not going to be possible.

Have fun going down the twisties, it was a hell of a lot of fun, when Tan and I went a month ago. Just remember to keep the car on the right (left) side of the road, as there are often blind corners, Also watch out for RV's can take up most of the road.

Lets hope you guys get some sun shine.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Car: 08 Legacy Wagon

Postby Kevlar GT » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Turtlez wrote:bad news guys, work is being annoying, and im going to be working this weekend, so the drive is not going to be possible.

Have fun going down the twisties, it was a hell of a lot of fun, when Tan and I went a month ago. Just remember to keep the car on the right (left) side of the road, as there are often blind corners, Also watch out for RV's can take up most of the road.

Lets hope you guys get some sun shine.

Cheers for the heads up mate. We'll try and have fun even though we will know you are working. :P We'll be sure to take some pics for you.
Kevlar GT

Postby bugli » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:27 pm

That sucks, so much for twins :P

Only two for team red now lol.

Hopefully this makes you feel better:

Overtime = MODS :twisted:
bugli
-stickered-

Postby sundayDriver » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:Edit Bumped up to the top,

[size=150][b]Meet point: Calwell Shop, Pit Stop car wash - Were Street Calwell.
Meet time: 8:30am for 9:00am departure.

Caltex @ Calwell has 98ron otherwise fill up at your servo of choice prior or have enough in the tank to get to Cooma and fill up/top up at BP.

is there good coffee there?
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby bugli » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:44 pm

sundayDriver wrote:
Kevlar GT wrote:Edit Bumped up to the top,

[size=150][b]Meet point: Calwell Shop, Pit Stop car wash - Were Street Calwell.
Meet time: 8:30am for 9:00am departure.

Caltex @ Calwell has 98ron otherwise fill up at your servo of choice prior or have enough in the tank to get to Cooma and fill up/top up at BP.

is there good coffee there?

I dont think so, I was thinking of dropping past macca's weston on my way for some brekky
bugli
-stickered-

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:37 am

sundayDriver wrote:is there good coffee there?

Have you ever been to Calwell Bubli? :P

Actually, there's coffee and it's not too bad. A guy opened a 'cafe' there a while back and I have had a few morning coffees of above reasonable standard from him, definitely above McDribbles that's for sure. He also sells bacon & egg rolls, muffins etc etc etc (there's a bakery/woolworths and other shops too).

:wink:
Kevlar GT

Postby Hobber » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:53 am

Slightly OT, but what happened to the Driver Reviver last year that used to be near Tuggeranong during the ski season?

Was a good stop at 5:00am... get nicely hyped up before the 'roos on the Monero...
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:30 am

Hobber wrote:Slightly OT, but what happened to the Driver Reviver last year that used to be near Tuggeranong during the ski season?

Was a good stop at 5:00am... get nicely hyped up before the 'roos on the Monero...

I would imagine it was not there due to funding issues. I always saw NSW plated cars there on Thursday and Fridays on my home from work.
Kevlar GT

PreviousNext

Return to ACT