Sydney / Canberra cruise - 5th July

Sydney / Canberra cruise - 5th July

Postby Gunna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 pm

Hey guys,

The Sydney guys are heading in our direction for a cruise on the 5th July.

The exact route hasnt been decided on yet but the most populare option so far is to head through Kangaroo Valley on Moss Vale Road.

We could meet them somewhere in the middle like Nowra and then join forces for the Kangaroo Valley leg of the journey.

Lunch along the way would be a good chance to catch up with local/inter-state memebers.

Here is the thread - viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5320

Hope everyone is keen to join.
Gunna

Car: Liberty GT Premium MY05

Re: Sydney / Canberra cruise - 5th July

Postby Kevlar GT » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:24 pm

What's the plan to get to Nowra? Down to the coast and then up past Ulludulla? I'll check with 'dear diary' and see if I can have a leave pass for the day.

C'mon Turtlez you know you want in on this too.

:wink:
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Gunna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:What's the plan to get to Nowra? Down to the coast and then up past Ulludulla? I'll check with 'dear diary' and see if I can have a leave pass for the day.

:wink:

I guess the two best options are

Option 1 - take the Kings Higway to Batemans Bay. Head up the Princess Highway to Nowra. Join NSW peeps through Kanagroo Valley. Return home from Mose Vale/Exeter via Hume/Federal Higway.

Option 2 - take the Hume/Federal Higway to Mose Vale/Exeter. take Mose Vale Road to Nowra. Meet NSW peeps. Return the same way.

Im easy.
Gunna

Postby smythie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:01 pm

what do you reckon the Kings Way is going to be like on a Sunday morning? I remember one or two Sunday arvo runs up the Clyde that were pretty congested with Canberran tourists
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Kevlar GT » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:41 pm

smythie wrote:what do you reckon the Kings Way is going to be like on a Sunday morning? I remember one or two Sunday arvo runs up the Clyde that were pretty congested with Canberran tourists

The way to the coast shouldn't be too bad, then the drive up from the bay to Nowra should be right too I'd imagine. Never too much traffic on that road and enough spots to overtake. The way home Gunna has mentioned would be the best option (option 1), out at Exeter and then back along the Hume highway. Depending on the time maybe even cut back through via Tarago, bungendore etc to get home.
Kevlar GT

Postby sundayDriver » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:52 pm

This could be interesting. It all depends on what time we plan to rendevous with the sydney guys.

If we want to meet up with them at around 10am/11am, chances are most people will have to either take the hume or get up REALLY early to go down the clyde and up the coast.

I'll probably have to send the boys to kid's city with some pocket money if I want to make this cruise.
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby Kevlar GT » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:18 pm

sundayDriver wrote:This could be interesting. It all depends on what time we plan to rendevous with the sydney guys.

If we want to meet up with them at around 10am/11am, chances are most people will have to either take the hume or get up REALLY early to go down the clyde and up the coast.

I'll probably have to send the boys to kid's city with some pocket money if I want to make this cruise.

I don't mind an early start or the trip up via the hume. Eitehr way it sounds like a nice drive and I love those roads in the valley. Been ages since I have driven them. Give 'em some pocket money they deserve it ! :lol:
Kevlar GT

Postby Gunna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:
sundayDriver wrote:This could be interesting. It all depends on what time we plan to rendevous with the sydney guys.

I don't mind an early start or the trip up via the hume. Eitehr way it sounds like a nice drive and I love those roads in the valley. Been ages since I have driven them. Give 'em some pocket money they deserve it ! :lol:

Option 1 - is a round trip. More to be seen.

Option 2 - will be about 30 minutes quicker to get to Nowra.

We will have to wait until the NSW guys decide on their route and what time they get to wherever we decide on meeting. I dont think we need to meet with the Sydney guys until about 12ish. So if we take option 1 and leave at 8:30 we should make good time.

I will go with the majority vote.

My vote is for option 1.
Gunna

Postby Kevlar GT » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Gunna wrote:I will go with the majority vote.

My vote is for option 1.

I vote majority vote for option 1 too. :wink:
Kevlar GT

Postby smythie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:26 pm

we'll be able to give you guys an idea of time Sunday night after our recce. I wouldn't be expecting the group to get to Nowra or Kangaroo Valley before 11. More likely 12 I think
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Turtlez » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 pm

hmmm, I might be able to catch up to the sydney boys more then the ACT boys. I will be in Wollongong on the weekend. I have to get vaccines for my holidays. So that weekend im in the gong.

I will take a look and see. I might hit the Syd boys one their way down.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Car: 08 Legacy Wagon

Postby tehx » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Sounds like fun, I'm up for a cruise! It be great to catch up and have a yarn with tha Liberty folk.

Quick thought - grab a cheap UHF CB radio from your local dick smith / jaycar. Hand held's go for like +$30 bucks and get a 40 channel so you have access to all channels. It makes for a cheap n eze way to chat / keep in contact on the cruise. I’m guessing the same rules apply for CB's as for mobile phone usage while driving however you can key the TX and talk, keeping it down low, so its not visible to others driving around you.
MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec.B - Tuned by Pulse
| Hyperflow TMI | Custom Stainless Exhaust from Turbo back - developed & tested by Pulse Racing |Custom Chrome CAI | Organic Clutch | DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors & Redstuff pads | Whiteline Swaybars | STI Rear Lip & Front Spoiler | STI Short Shifter & Gear Knob | LED Internal, Park, Plate & Fog lamps - 6000k HIDs | OpenECU | Custom CarPC by M@ |
tehx

Car: Liberty GT Spec.B - Tuned by Pulse

Postby UrbanGTB » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Damn it! I am in Malaysia :o
Tony
UrbanGTB

Postby sundayDriver » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Whatever the route is, I'll be right.
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby Kevlar GT » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Well, alll things going to plan I am a confirmed "Yes" for this and am really looking forward to it as well. We'll work out exact travel plans after the Sydney guys let us know - but we have to facor in a quick stop in Braidwood for a pie/coffee. :wink: :lol:

Turtlez, see what you can do mate, be good to see you on the cruise.
Kevlar GT

Next

Return to ACT