Not a gathering - ACT survey

Not a gathering - ACT survey

Postby sundayDriver » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:34 pm

This isn't a thread about a meet up but this is the only ACT specific area, so...

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... 23wk0.html

Do average speed cameras infuriate you? Do the posted speed limits frustrate you to the point of blinding road rage?

Now is your chance to tell the government exactly what you think of its road safety strategy.

Canberrans will be surveyed over the next six weeks by the Justice and Community Safety Directorate on various aspects of speed enforcement, including the much maligned point-to-point speed cameras on Hindmarsh Drive.

Executive Director for Transport and Road Safety Policy Karen Greenland said the survey was likely to attract a ‘‘range of views’’ about speeding, police, and speed camera enforcement.
Advertisement

‘‘The Directorate encourages public participation in the survey to ensure that it provides a representative picture of community views,’’ Ms Greenland said.

‘‘The outcomes of the survey will be considered in the development of the Government’s road safety camera strategy,’’ she said.

The survey could influence where speed cameras are placed, and whether the existing network of speed cameras is expanded.

It will be open from today until September 21.

A link to the survey will be available from the Justice and Community Safety Directorate’s website at: http://www.justice.act.gov.au.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... z2330w7QbA
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Re: Not a gathering - ACT survey

Postby rooby » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:06 am

Thanks for this.

And don't even get me started in hindmarsh drive. I actually think it is more dangerous now because everyone drives weird there. Everyone goes really slow and people brake suddenly for no reason and everyone is watching their speedo.
If you don't watch your speedo and aren't sure how fast you were just going you then have to slow down stupidly just in case.
And all this on a road that isn't residential and I have never seen a crash on.
This is absolutely not for safety reasons.

I like to sit on what my speedo says is 90 because I know it won get me at that speed but I can't because everyone is doing 70, which is more like a true 65, which is well below the posted limit.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby nickknack » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:27 pm

I like to do whatever speed I want, and then turn off at the top of the hill, bypassing the second camera :D probably not a good idea though, considering the single solitary point left on my licence :(
nickknack

Car: Black MY02 Liberty B4
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16448

Postby Zaccy182 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:52 am

nickknack wrote:I like to do whatever speed I want, and then turn off at the top of the hill, bypassing the second camera :D probably not a good idea though, considering the single solitary point left on my licence :(

HAHA thats awesome. It would be funny as seeing other peoples faces when you go past and they would be thinking haha sucker your gettin a ticket! But no just trolling.

I avoid this road where possible! Im so glad I dont have to use it to goto work. People drive so weird on it, cause everyone is probably only looking at the speedo...
[ 05 Liberty GT 5MT Wagon ]
240,000kms -mostly stock- going strong
Tune by Matt from KiDo | COBB short shifter + kartboy bushings | Whiteline sway bars | GFB respons BOV | K&N panel filter | eBay 3" cat-back to 2.5" Y pipe exhaust | 8000k HIDs | Lenso 17" Project D Spec B wheels
Zaccy182

Car: 05 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18204

Return to ACT