Bugli's Billies

Re: Bugli's Billies

Postby Kevlar GT » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Hoo F**king Rar!! We got stopped in our tracks by one shitty little bolt that really had us in a bind. Bugli and Zac went to stupid cheap in the end to get an impact socket bit whilst I drowned the thing in WD-40 (and cooked lunch). When they got back I had one last crack at it. It was do or die (or poop myself from the effort) and we got that sweet crack of the bolt moving. Lunched, went back to it and sorted the last little bit of the job and Bugli lef a happier lad than when he arrived.

Harry, I couldn't let you be the only one to get the bolts sorted and due to the epicness of my effort your efforts have been lowered to the duly noted level.

He he he he.

Thanks for an interesting day everyone. :wink:
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby bugli » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:38 pm

Well after much swearing and cursing and a little bit of luck, the billies are finally in.

The rears have settled and imvsure the fronts will settle in no time.

Thanks again Kev for hosting it and all the efforts you went too and Harry for getting in and donating blood :).

Will post photos when it settles ;)
bugli
-stickered-

Car: MY03 RX

Postby bombers18 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Fantastic result - glad to hear it finally got sorted - that was one tough bolt to crack.
Plenty of unorthodox methods used to get it off - blowtorch and bike carrier were my favourites :P :P :P
Great team effort! :D
bombers18

Car: MY06 3.0R-B 6MT Wagon

Postby Kevlar GT » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Yep, bike carrier gets the odd engineering award of the year from me. :wink: I guess if you were ever asked to provide an example of lateral thinking that would be one to provide with pride.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Previous

Return to ACT