33%
Sat 19 March 2011 morning
22%
Sat 2 April 2011 morning or afternoon
33%

Total votes : 9

Re: EOI Skid Pan Day January 2011

Postby Turtlez » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Either way is fine by me, I will maybe wait till late Jan before asking for the money.

that way gives everyone till after the christmas money sucking period.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Car: 08 Legacy Wagon

Postby Gunna » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Defo the cheaper option.

Can pay whenever.

And put my mates Marty and Pat down too. Both have '04 Lib GTs (one being a wagon, so a friend for Kev).
Gunna

Car: Liberty GT Premium MY05

Postby Kevlar GT » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:49 am

Gunna wrote:Defo the cheaper option.

Can pay whenever.

And put my mates Marty and Pat down too. Both have '04 Lib GTs (one being a wagon, so a friend for Kev).

Farkin Awesome!! I love making new friends... wait, no I don't... but he drives a wagon so that is instant like on my part. We'll show you sedan drivers how it's really done.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Turtlez » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 am

Awesome some more intersted. I think We can close this as we have 9 with gunna's two mates, and we can get upto 11 with Michael's 2 tentatives.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Postby dannyb88 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Turtlez wrote:.

Heyy ive just read all this and am pretty damn interested.. loved that vid there mate!
Ive also got a Burgundy red/Mica RX Matt... is urs manual?

So if you havent closed this off yet, id just like to know what actually goes on on the day?

Like...
do we have a quick training talk, how long on the pan? erm.. anything else u can think of?

Add me to the tentative list if not closed and wens the deadline nd stuff?

Thanks
Dan.
Liberty RX MY00... BERTY
dannyb88

Car: BERTY.RX MY00.Ron Burgundy in color

Postby Turtlez » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 am

Hey Daniel,

I think at the moment we have 9 confirmed. Will work out the numbers when it all washes up.

So we have from 8 - 12:30 I believe, last skid pan day we had 9 or 10 guys. we had 4 10 minute runs I think the last one was 15 minutes a few left early, and the guys at fifth gear said the other group had not turned up so we got to drive till 1pm.

First run of the day is with an instructor (usually have 2 cars going and 2 instructors) they will sit in the passenger side and ask you questions, as well as show you how to get the car sideways, and what to do to keep the car drifting/ sliding. They will also show you how to control the car. The instructors will show you either how to control the car for when your on the street in case you get into trouble, and then they can show you how to join the corners to drift the whole course.

Simply they jump in the car you sit in first gear and use the hand brake while turning to lock the front wheels and sent the car into a spin, Its a lot of fun and gets the adrenaline pumping. As mentioned before it is roughly 10 minutes on the pan, and roughly 4 runs, so all up 40 minutes. If we have more guys might be a little less.

If your willing to come there is always a spot, I think capping this at 12 would be the best option.

Lastly, the skid pan is covered in water so it makes for sliding all the more fun, and barely uses any tread on your tyres, also don't go to the pan with bald/very low treaded tyres as they wont grip and you wont have as much fun, the video I shot had 3 brand new tyres well with 1000km of road use, and one tyre close to wear, but that was rear right. It was a lot of fun.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Re: Skid Pan 19th Feb (Currently Full)

Postby sean567 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Is it roughly every few months that a skid pan day is organised? I am out of the country at the moment for a while so cant make it. Would be very keen for the next one thou :)
Dark Blue 05 Liberty GT- Hyperflow top mount intercooler, Hyperflow CAI, Ecutek retune, Whiteline front strut brace and Whiteline front and rear sway bars.
sean567

Car: Liberty GT '05

Postby Adrian2627 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Tan mentioned this to me the other day but it sounds interesting. I might be going to Japan in Feb but if not I'll come along and shoot photos if the day is full. I need an excuse to get out and shoot a bit more.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby Turtlez » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Just a bump for the thread. First Deposit made, don't forget end of month is the cut off. or we have to pay extra :(
Turtlez
-stickered-

Postby bugli » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 pm

I only have 1 tentative at this stage and I will get him to confirm on Sunday so we have one space open for whoever at this stage :)
bugli
-stickered-

Car: MY03 RX

Postby Turtlez » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:26 am

Awesome I will see if there are anymore people interested.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Turtlez wrote:Just a bump for the thread. First Deposit made, don't forget end of month is the cut off. or we have to pay extra :(

Remind me next Wednesday or Thursday and I will send through some cashola. :wink: I'm owed 2 days pay from the new job as I missed the pay period cut off when I started so it looks like that is going to pay for the pan (and more!). :wink:
Kevlar GT

Postby Turtlez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:02 am

Hey Guys.

Can I get an email address from you guys, and I will send a reminder email with details. Feel free to PM me, if I dont receive an email I will PM you the day before I send the reminder.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Postby Kevlar GT » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Righto homo's pay up the deposit to turtlez so we can secure the pan at a reasonable price. I've added an invite to the guys over at rslc as they are keen more often than not so hopefully we can cover the 3 places that are now available due to the growth of several manginas on those previously booked and the need those people now have to wash their pubic region.

:wink:
Kevlar GT

Postby Turtlez » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:53 am

haha Kev,

that made me laugh, thanks.

Yeah we have 3 spots free so if anyone is interested PM me, and I will give you my bank details to secure your spot.
Turtlez
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to ACT