[SA] Spotted

Have you seen another member, or an interesting looking Lib on the road...

Re: [SA] Spotted

Postby ultra » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 am

i see a black GT wagon parked near my car with the plates "WAGON" from time to time - anyone from here?
ultra

Car: 08 GT STi ver

Postby DaCrpldOne » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:24 pm

not sure if they are from here or not (WAGON that is)... but i see them/it at my gym too... along with an my07/08 gt sti that has CC plates...
SGT555
DaCrpldOne

Car: MY12 STi

Postby TristosMaximus » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:49 pm

Just spotted the one and only Ric towing the MG down Cross Road 3:15pm today!

I responded in the "[MEL] spotted" topic before seeing you'd posted here also.
viewtopic.php?p=120045#p120045
MY09 2.5i Diamond Grey. SA Plates: LIBERTY. Sti front lip
Planned mods: Carbon grill, carbon rear difuser, lower springs, 18/19" charcol/black rims, set of Phat Quad tips - when the next run is done!!!!!!!
TristosMaximus

Car: 09 Liberty 2.5i Plates: LIBERTY

Postby TristosMaximus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Spotted a white Legacy down at Glenelg this morning Reg. EJ20T very nice condition!
MY09 2.5i Diamond Grey. SA Plates: LIBERTY. Sti front lip
Planned mods: Carbon grill, carbon rear difuser, lower springs, 18/19" charcol/black rims, set of Phat Quad tips - when the next run is done!!!!!!!
TristosMaximus

Car: 09 Liberty 2.5i Plates: LIBERTY

Postby ultra » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:27 pm

steel grey Liberty wagon with STI.025 plates (pink on white background) on North East Road this morning.

Mum driving with kids in the back didn't look particular enthused to see another STi wagon next to her.

No nod, no wave, no acknowledgement despite numerous opportunities to say g'day. No love between Liberty owners here in SA? :(

Looked like a Gen4 facelift from the headlights. Tuned by STi badge on the back, but I'm not entirely sure that it was dealer delivered STi - no front lip, standard grill, chrome rims (HPI brand?) and twin cannon exhaust. Couldn't see if there were Brembos behind the chrome rims.

I thought that if it was a Tuned by STi model it would have the black honeycomb grill, STi lip and black Brembo brakes. While I can understand why you might replace the quad exhaust with bigger cannons, I'm not sure why you'd get rid of the lip or STi/Enkei rims...
ultra

Postby hamish_023 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:38 pm

ultra wrote: No love between Liberty owners here in SA? :(

I'm finding no love too.

There's plenty of SA lad's on here. Time for a meet soon? I often see couple of GT's around Glenelg. But tint is to dark to see if they even see me....
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby ultra » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 pm

hamish_023 wrote:

I'm finding no love too.

There's plenty of SA lad's on here. Time for a meet soon? I often see couple of GT's around Glenelg. But tint is to dark to see if they even see me....

sounds like a plan. just joined Team Sooby and found your thread there! :D
ultra

Postby Hotwire » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:38 am

I tried a couple of times to get a liberty meet off the ground, failed miserably :(

BUT if you guys organise a meet, I'll do my best to be there ;)

I see STI-140 - STi sedan regularly near where I'm living at the moment, he must live in same area (Flagstaff Hill)
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby Woodduck » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 pm

hamish_023 wrote:

I'm finding no love too.

I always see Libertys in Glenelg too!

Anyway, im pretty sure i was dreaming today. When i was about to leave Adelaide this morning i was filling up at BP on west terrace. There was a pre facelift black GT with what looked like Enkei GTC's but I could be COMPLETELY off as i didnt get a good look before a van blocked my view. Anyway, an very attractive young woman walked out of the servo, got in and drove off in the way a GT should be driven haha! I so wish i had my liberty but unfortunately i had my mums Astra as it was a short family trip. Im assuming its not a member? Anyone ever seen this car before? Rego- S41AJF.

I thought i imagined it as that was pretty much the coolest thing that could have happened...i mean, hot girl, hot GT driving fast? Is there anything better? haha.
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby hamish_023 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Woodduck wrote:

Anyway, im pretty sure i was dreaming today. When i was about to leave Adelaide this morning i was filling up at BP on west terrace. There was a pre facelift black GT with what looked like Enkei GTC's but I could be COMPLETELY off as i didnt get a good look before a van blocked my view. Anyway, an very attractive young woman walked out of the servo, got in and drove off in the way a GT should be driven haha! I so wish i had my liberty but unfortunately i had my mums Astra as it was a short family trip. Im assuming its not a member? Anyone ever seen this car before? Rego- S41AJF.

I thought i imagined it as that was pretty much the coolest thing that could have happened...i mean, hot girl, hot GT driving fast? Is there anything better? haha.

Sure you did. Must have been a dream.

Let us know when ur down next and well organise a cruise...
hamish_023

Postby walts22 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Hamish, I spotted your old car today, near the Parade, Norwood. Some Chick driving it.
It was definitely your old one, had the same aftermarket grill, wheels etc.

walts22

Postby Woodduck » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 pm

hamish_023 wrote:
Woodduck wrote:

Sure you did. Must have been a dream.

Let us know when ur down next and well organise a cruise...

I thought so too. But my mum got out and said "Was that black car like yours? It was really nice" haha.

Yeah like i said, it was a quick family trip as i hadto take my Nan to hospital for an op. Didnt even have my lib. Should be down late this year or early next year but might not have my liberty again :evil:
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby hamish_023 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:52 pm

walts22 wrote:Hamish, I spotted your old car today, near the Parade, Norwood. Some Chick driving it.
It was definitely your old one, had the same aftermarket grill, wheels etc.

Haha YAY my old car. Glad to see it's still pushing through. Yeah so far all chicks have bought my cars.

It's either saying i drive female cars or they are chick magnets... :roll:

Sad to hear Carl, well if your keen let me know :D
hamish_023

Postby zorbaru » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:39 pm

spotted lbrtb4 down at my bank this afternoon.
MY05 GT
Team Black

"Saying sorry doesnt excuse you from doing something stupid on purpose"
zorbaru

Postby hamish_023 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Saw a (dirty) black B4 with slim CC plates, 4pot brakes and 3" exhaust. Gave me the thumbs up but couldnt see much through the tint. Anyone?
hamish_023

PreviousNext

Return to Spotted