Liberty Exiga with STI badge!

Have you seen another member, or an interesting looking Lib on the road...

Re: Liberty Exiga with STI badge!

Postby ferret89 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:43 pm

zch91 wrote:
monkeyboy17 wrote:So even if I've spent thousands on my Gen1 installing STI Parts I can't have some sort of STI badge on it???

Still not cool enough?

Sure you can. You can even put a Chev badge or an Audi badge on it if you feel that way inclined.

You probably already know, but most people on this forum frown upon putting an STi badge on anything that isn't an STi, regardless of mods done

Which when you think about it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as the tbSti is a basically a GTB with a bunch of upgrades and a unique number
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby SH30RB » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:27 pm

ferret89 wrote:Which when you think about it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, as the tbSti is a basically a GTB with a bunch of upgrades and a unique number

Yes, I see your point, but it was tuned by Subaru Technica International, which then warrants it as a tbSTi instead of just a normal GTB.

If you want to put in STi seats then go for it, If you want to install STi foot pedals then go for it, If you want to upgrade to STi door sill garnishes then be my guest.

It's all about OEM+ modifying.

But if you want to put a tbSTi badge on the back of your car when in fact it isnt a tbSTi, then that's something else.

It's the same as going out and buying an R34 GTST and putting a GTR front end on it then putting GTR badges on it. It's generally frowned upon by skyline owners, let alone the GTR owners.
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby 04XTC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:02 pm

So you guys would feel happier then if I peeled the sti centre caps off my genuine sti rims that are bolted to my non Sti Gen4 GT wgn? Lol. It's going to be hard grinding my sti logo off my enkie rims.
04XTC

Car: MY05 Gen4 LGT Prem Pack WGN STI mock

Postby its_just_ryan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:08 am

04XTC wrote:So you guys would feel happier then if I peeled the sti centre caps off my genuine sti rims that are bolted to my non Sti Gen4 GT wgn? Lol. It's going to be hard grinding my sti logo off my enkie rims.

Of course you don't remove the STI logo off genuine wheels (or any STI mods you add) - it's about going to the 'effort' of applying the sticker or badge to your car that would suggest that IT is in fact a genuine STI vehicle. People who purchase an STI have paid a premium for that status. By imitating that, you not only decrease the true STI owners' status, you also make yourself look like a douche. Everyone knows you can achieve that far more easily by applying family stickers to your back window...
its_just_ryan

Car: MY05 Liberty Wagon

Postby 04XTC » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Yer well thanks for clearing that one up. I am happy to copy the STI look to my MY06 GT WGN Pr Pac as I really like the look of an STI wagon. What I do to my car is none of any ones business unless I chose to share it and accept criticism or praise. Just cause some guy I saw have 4 transformer stickers on the back of his magna doesnt meen it's going to tranform into some kind of 20 foot magnatron talking robot. I really don't feel Having STI stickers on a Subaru will devalue that model. There are plenty of Lookalike muscle cars dating back to 60-70's out there and im positive they wont devalue the originals ones from factory.
04XTC

Car: MY05 Gen4 LGT Prem Pack WGN STI mock

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:44 pm

IMO anyone who looks down on sticking STI badges onto a lib - needs to first go to STI AUS and let them know. They took a liberty GT and made it look 99% cooler while improving it's performance 1%. Then they stuck STI badges all over it, so that the new owners could feel that their family wagon/sedan performs like a real STI.

At least most people sticking STI badges on aren't trying to charge the odd $10-20k ontop of the car's value, unlike the afore mentioned business.

The thing about subarus isn't in some logo...it's in that turbocharged engine.... and that RALLY SPIRIT :lol: So do to your car WHATEVER THE FFFFFFFF....UCK!! you want to do :twisted:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby BUDDAH » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:36 am

1625 views winging over stickers on a 7 year old car you kiddies are delusional better get back to polishing you wheel nuts and dreaming of one day owning my 2nd had Jeep :mrgreen:
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby Sean82 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:49 am

Saw this sticker on the back of a silver pre-FL GenIV wagon with TBSTi muffs and STi Enkei rims

It's not even the proper TBSTi badge FFS!
Current: MY04 LGT 5EAT Wagon
Previous: MY11 Forester S-Edition VF52|ID1000s|Stuff|E85|12.9s @ 106
Sean82

Car: MY04 GT with JDM GRB EJ207 swap

Postby ferret89 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:44 pm

Sean82 wrote:Saw this sticker on the back of a silver pre-FL GenIV wagon with TBSTi muffs and STi Enkei rims

It's not even the proper TBSTi badge FFS!

That looks like your wagon there Sean... :lol:
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby Caution » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Caution

Car: MY08 GT-B

Postby lilbeefer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:07 pm

F*ck the haters, I would drive the crap out of a sleeper exiga. Manual swap, all 7 seats, maybe a dorky looking nudge bar and lots of gutter rash. 300 awkw minimum.
lilbeefer

Previous

Return to Spotted