FormalCars.com.au

This section is reserved for vendors who have multiple items to sell.

FormalCars.com.au

Postby UrbanGTB » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:13 am

Hey Everyone,

I started up a new site earlier in the year and finally getting round to getting some cars on it. The website is FormalCars.com.au which allows visitors to find suitable cars to hire for a formal occasion such as a Formal, Wedding, Anniversary or any occasion that requires a unique form of transport.

The concept originally developed in 2005 as an idea for owners of modified, exotic and desired cars to list their cars for hire online for a formal occasions whether it be a high school or college formal, wedding or just a special night out to dinner.

As a special offer to Liberty.asn.au visitors I am offering a 50% discount across any listing. This works out $11/year for a standard listing, as some of you know you can earn from $60 to $200/hr for doing a highschool/college formal so it only takes one booking to make your money. I have made over $1000 in one season driving people to their formals.

50% discount code is: pbnhayu

Simply put these in at check out when you enter your credit card details. If any exceptional cars are posted up I am upgrading listings to premium or show car status in aid to boost the sites exposure.

A little bit of Liberty inspiration for the site here is a wedding I did for a friend a couple of years back ;)

Regards,
Tony
FormalCars.com.au
Tony
UrbanGTB

Re: FormalCars.com.au

Postby gtspec » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 pm

good idea.. thanks for the promotional offer :)
gtspec

Car: MY07 GT SpecB

Postby tangcla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Need an automotive photographer? :)
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Kevlar GT » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:05 pm

That's tops mate. Might have to practise taking the roof racks on and off before I add my wags to the list.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby swingn » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Great concept! Hope everything goes well for you :D

Maybe me & Normy can rent out a sedan & wagon pair ;) Noozl can provide the music in his car ;)

Hehehehehehehehehehe
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby Boxer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Great idea Tony,

what are the legal requirements to being a paid driver?
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby Hotwire » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:25 pm

Boxer wrote:Great idea Tony,

I know that here in SA, unless your car is a registered chauffeur vehicle (or taxi) it is illegal to carry paying passengers. Therefore, your vehicle insurance is void if you are involved in an accident - so you'd wanna make damn sure you drive carefully AND no other idiot hits you.

That, or you don't keep any record of the transaction, and tell the insurance/police you are doing it for "friends"
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby Kevlar GT » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Hotwire wrote:That, or you don't keep any record of the transaction, and tell the insurance/police you are doing it for "friends"

Under the table cashies are the way to go, I am sure you'd negotiate a "contribution" or "donation" for the time to drive the person/people to their event. There are sites on the net that offer advertising facilities for carpooling etc whereby the nominated fee is discussed and worked out between driver and passenger. I don't see this as being any different really. I charge my colleague a bottle of Wild Turkey a fortnight as carpooling fees. :wink:
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Arith » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:20 pm

swingn wrote:Maybe me & Normy can rent out a sedan & wagon pair ;)

Unless it's for a funeral, I don't see any use for a wagon in a formal situation.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby NoOzL47 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Arith wrote:

Unless it's for a funeral, I don't see any use for a wagon in a formal situation.

LOL HAHAHAHA

SPL Personal Best: 142.9dB - Youngy Jeezy ft USDA - White Girls
NoOzL47
-stickered-

Car: Screaming 3.0RB

Postby Sentinel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Arith wrote:

:rofl:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby UrbanGTB » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:05 pm

tangcla wrote:Need an automotive photographer? :)

Always Clarence but not for the site but if I ever get a good portfolio of cars I would get you to do a shoot for me :)

Kevlar GT wrote:That's tops mate. Might have to practise taking the roof racks on and off before I add my wags to the list.

Would be great to have the Wagon up there Kev! The thing about formals is people have different tastes so its good if people don't scared about putting something different up there!

Hotwire wrote:
Boxer wrote:Great idea Tony,

I know that here in SA, unless your car is a registered chauffeur vehicle (or taxi) it is illegal to carry paying passengers. Therefore, your vehicle insurance is void if you are involved in an accident - so you'd wanna make damn sure you drive carefully AND no other idiot hits you.

That, or you don't keep any record of the transaction, and tell the insurance/police you are doing it for "friends"

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice and should be checked but I am happy to answer that stuff, I didn't spend a load of money building the site with out looking into it.

This site only puts people in touch with each other, we do not handle any bookings, logistics or insurance. Its just an easy to use website that people can advertise their cars and other people can get in contact.

In regards to actually doing the work for other there is different rules in different states, the ACT being the hardest on everyone. In the ACT you require a event hire permit which is $110 per year but in other states it is not required. There are such issues as insurance and public liability and so forth for the actual event/hire but this is not the responsibility of FormalCars.

In regards to your own car insurance you can get an option on your standard vehicle policy with most motor insurers for an extra $100 or so depending on the insurer. Public Liability is not so much an issue but its always good to be covered if you are really worried about someone trying to sue you over an incident that you are at fault. If you are really worried you could have someone sign a waiver before they get in the car.

In short according to FormalCars.com.au General terms and conditions the site is not responsible for any such event as is if someone takes a car for a test drive that they saw on on car classifieds site.

Everything in life is with risk and how much cover is determined by how much insurance you buy I guess. A lot of businesses don't even have that type of insurance let alone a casual driver doing a small job for a once off.

In SA is that your third party rego or comprehensive? If so nothing stopping you legally from doing it, just risky.
Tony
UrbanGTB

Postby SUB4RU » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I had the same site idea and noticed the your site name was taken so i took "formalcarsaustralia.com", lol.

Had everything ready to be implemented but stopped because of your above post, we probably would have both gone live at the same time. I'm glad you followed through with it because with a bit of work it can definitely work as the Gold Coast alone goes crazy around formal time.

Boostcruising has heaps on there but it is so unorganised!
SOLD: 263.5kw atw B4 Liberty (GT35R, 2.2 Stroker, 6spd)

NEW: Finally bought an 07 Liberty Spec B t/b STI :) and it begins....
SUB4RU

Postby CappZ » Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Arith wrote:

BAHAHAHAHAHA :rotfl:

And what would you charge Jim? So most is $60-120/hr... I'm guessing your charge but per minute? :P
http://www.lookatyourface.com

MY04 2.5i - 6000k HIDs, 18" RJR Vouge, Kenwood KDC-BT7539U with custom install, 12" Vibe Slick S12, 420w Clarion amp, all white lighting, K&N panel, 4" cannons, lowered.
CappZ

Car: MY04 2.5i

Postby UrbanGTB » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi All,

Just letting you know there is now a free listing option which is still quite useful. Feel free to tell your mates, I own a ISP so hosting such a website isn't an issue.

Regards,
Tony
Tony
UrbanGTB

Next

Return to For Sale - Commercial vendors