Custom made MSD superconductor ignition leads

This section is reserved for vendors who have multiple items to sell.

Custom made MSD superconductor ignition leads

Postby Skylock » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 am

Hey fellas,

I imported a bulk roll of MSD superconductor wire to do my own car and a few mates. I have about 20m left over if anyone is interested in getting some leads made up.
This isn't related to my GPS tracking business (www.skylock.com.au & www.substantiate.com.au are our brands)-it's something I'm doing on the side.

MSD superconductor 8.5 mm lead material
MSD multi angle spark plug boots and terminal
MSD HEI (Fit universal bosch 716 coils) or Socket (715's) terminals and boots
If there is enough I'll chase up some straight socket and HEI for NA libertys.

I relocated my own coil packs on my Gen 1 to the firewall and ran new leads (at the same time as doing platinum plugs) on my gx conversion.
Looks smart, fixed my missfire, no interference issues and now I don't have to worry about ignition for a long time. See pics below.

Prices are at cost (pro-rata per meter incl freight rounded to nearest dollar), are cheaper than the Australian distributor components price and a fraction of the cost of an off the shelf box set.
MSD superconductor: $7 per meter
MSD boots + terminals (both ends): $5 per lead

For reference my leads were just over a meter long to reach the firewall. It will work out a lot cheaper if you mount your coils near the plugs (but won't look as cool or be as easy to service).

If you want me to assemble them for you + $20 per set or a 6pk of White Rabbit/Holgate/Little Creatures. If you have a crimper and excellent grip strength you can just get the parts and assemble them yourself.

PM or email me (chris.murn at skylock dot com dot au) if you are interested and we can work out what lengths you need.

Pickup Hawthorn East/Glen Waverley or $12.50 3kg prepaid satchel Australia wide. I'm not making any money on this except the $20/beer if you want me to assemble them. This is not my day job so allow a few nights if you want them assembled.
Get in fast as I only have one roll of the material, if there is more demand I can order in another roll but it won't be this cheap next time.

Skylock

Car: 92 Liberty GX (EJ20T conversion)

Re: Custom made MSD superconductor ignition leads

Postby Skylock » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:49 pm

3 sets sold, last one came to $29.90 + postage

Upgrade your leads now and help me get this stuff out of my living room before my gf kills me.
Skylock

Postby zch91 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Most of us on her own gen4.. Coil on plug :P

Definitely a good deal though.. GL with sale mate.
zch91
-stickered-

Car: MY04 GT Premium - Silver 5EAT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15397

Postby Skylock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

zch91 wrote:Most of us on her own gen4.. Coil on plug :P

Definitely a good deal though.. GL with sale mate.

Thanks mate. My engine was coil on plug originally too, I just ditched the stock coil packs because they kept failing and Subaru wanted an arm & a leg for new ones (plastic + heads + 200k+ = fail). Its a pretty popular conversion on the RS/GT liberties & early rexies.
Skylock

Postby Robbks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 am

the RS COP's are vastly different (sh!t) compared to the 01+ COP's with built in igniters.

if your RS has had the WRX head conversion then you can retro-fit the 01+ coils for better performance than the Bosch units.
the Subaru ECU doesn't supply the full charge time that the Bosch units require for full power.
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby Skylock » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Robbks wrote:the RS COP's are vastly different (sh!t) compared to the 01+ COP's with built in igniters.

if your RS has had the WRX head conversion then you can retro-fit the 01+ coils for better performance than the Bosch units.
the Subaru ECU doesn't supply the full charge time that the Bosch units require for full power.

It isn't an RS engine, it was a wire in conversion from a wrx halfcut. My last car was an RS with the late model coil packs and the igniter bypassed. I've also had two of these fail on my old H6. There is heaps of threads on the rslibertyclub on bosch vs cop and the short dwell time of the stock ecu. No one has had an issue unless cranking the boost right up and easily fixed with a powerfc.
Skylock

Return to For Sale - Commercial vendors