King Springs to H&R

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: King Springs to H&R

Postby Nizmatik » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:59 am

teK-- wrote:Your spring rate has as much to do as ride height, when your suspension bottoms out under heavy loads.

Ksport are crap.

Ok well I guess KSport are off the list then. I done a little bit of research regarding the KSport range and now can see why some people don't like them. But the opinions were mainly based on a 'racing view' however my car will just be a cruiser with no racing at all. But in the end better be safe then sorry, they are pretty cheap so that may explain it all. I will probably look into the BC range a bit more, they can be had for under 2K but will see what else I can come up with.

Thanks for your insights tho :)
Nizmatik

Car: Subaru 2006 2.0R Manual

Postby Arith » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Brian (Subieboy) ran the KSports for over year without issue. I mean, I reckon you'd have to push it pretty darn hard to buckle them (take them to the track many times). And since I don't expect street usage to be anywhere around that level, it should be street safe. Plus Brian said the spring rate was good for the street, making for a comfortable and not so stiff ride.

I dunno, I guess it comes down to your budget and whether or not you'd take the chance on a brand that gets mixed reviews.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Nizmatik » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Arith wrote:Brian (Subieboy) ran the KSports for over year without issue. I mean, I reckon you'd have to push it pretty darn hard to buckle them (take them to the track many times). And since I don't expect street usage to be anywhere around that level, it should be street safe. Plus Brian said the spring rate was good for the street, making for a comfortable and not so stiff ride.

I dunno, I guess it comes down to your budget and whether or not you'd take the chance on a brand that gets mixed reviews.

Well those were the lines I was thinking along, I was never planning on installing them for a racing need. As mentioned in my previous post, a friend of mine does have them installed in his BMW and it feels like a decent and tolerable ride. I was just a little worried about reliabilty and stability and I would pay more for better set of coilovers.

And your quite right, I guess it comes down to your willingness to take a chance - basically trial and error really.

A rather general question here but do coilovers needs regular maintainence? Would they need to be inspected annually for example?
Nizmatik

Postby Arith » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Nizmatik wrote:A rather general question here but do coilovers needs regular maintainence? Would they need to be inspected annually for example?

Not that I'm aware. Unless you're adjusting the height or firmness, once installed you shouldn't have to touch them again. Probably check for leaks if you're planning to go that low though.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Nizmatik » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Arith wrote:
Nizmatik wrote:A rather general question here but do coilovers needs regular maintainence? Would they need to be inspected annually for example?

Not that I'm aware. Unless you're adjusting the height or firmness, once installed you shouldn't have to touch them again. Probably check for leaks if you're planning to go that low though.

Ok great, that will make life a little more easier. But once again thanks and I'll continue to hunt around :)
Nizmatik

Previous

Return to Bling me up