Any workshop can test petrol?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Any workshop can test petrol?

Postby subarugt » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Today after I put in the BP ultimax patrol in sutherland right away I feel the car provides less power much less power than before I put the petrol in. I remember before when I was doing warranty in a dealer with my honda they told me they took the petrol to a lab to test to see if it's bad patrol that break the car down.

So is there any workshops that provide this service too and how much. I want to know if the bp petorl I put in today is bad.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Re: Any workshop can test petrol?

Postby coyote » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Here you go:

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby garbo41610 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:19 pm

a bit off topic, but, has anyone else heard they will be phasing out unleaded petrol next year??? there will only be E10 and premium available...
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby subarugt » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 pm

garbo41610 wrote:a bit off topic, but, has anyone else heard they will be phasing out unleaded petrol next year??? there will only be E10 and premium available...

Yes. I read that on news few month ago.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Postby vaccine » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:46 am

no one should be using unleaded anyway.. the stuff is garbage.
My missis runs premium through the toyota camry.

what can i see.. better for the environment, less carbon buildup in motor. more km's per tank.
just think how quick you will be on the lawn mower. :lol:
.. Dave
vaccine

Car: MY05 3RB

Postby nytrojen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:03 pm

vaccine wrote:no one should be using unleaded anyway.. the stuff is garbage.
My missis runs premium through the toyota camry.

what can i see.. better for the environment, less carbon buildup in motor. more km's per tank.
just think how quick you will be on the lawn mower. :lol:

Urgh... the camry is an abomination to drive. Heavy, vague, indirect steering, uncomfortable driving position and seats and the damn thing handles like a pig on ice. I don't know how my dad drives his camry to bloody avalon everyday and back from berwick
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby subarugt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:14 pm

I empty the tank already so I don't have any sample to test anymore. but I am very sure the BP ultimax i put in was bad petrol because it only ran around 350km on high way...... damn it. careful when you go to the sutherland bp.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Postby Hobber » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:35 pm

nytrojen wrote:Urgh... the camry is an abomination to drive. Heavy, vague, indirect steering, uncomfortable driving position and seats and the damn thing handles like a pig on ice. I don't know how my dad drives his camry to bloody avalon everyday and back from berwick

No way.. I always asked for a Camry when getting hire cars... better than the Commodore or Falcon...

Once they were out of Camrys so 'upgraded' me to a Commodore. I did the Jerry Seinfeld 'but I made a reservation' thing...

Gee that Commodore got thrashed. Sorry to all those residents near the train yard in Freeo. :)

Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby CheesyMong » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:27 am

andygt wrote:I empty the tank already so I don't have any sample to test anymore. but I am very sure the BP ultimax i put in was bad petrol because it only ran around 350km on high way...... damn it. careful when you go to the sutherland bp.

Very unlikely you had bad fuel.

And why would faulty fuel cause bad consumption is this a fact or your opinion, it is more likely to be your driving style.

Cheers

Joel
CheesyMong

Car: MY07 Liberty GT-B 6MT

Postby subarugt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm

CheesyMong wrote:
andygt wrote:I empty the tank already so I don't have any sample to test anymore. but I am very sure the BP ultimax i put in was bad petrol because it only ran around 350km on high way...... damn it. careful when you go to the sutherland bp.

Very unlikely you had bad fuel.

And why would faulty fuel cause bad consumption is this a fact or your opinion, it is more likely to be your driving style.

Cheers

Joel

But how do you explain right after I filled up with BP petrol right away I feel the car's power is not as good. Even people in my car can feel it too. As soon as I drive out bp petrol station we started to feel it already.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Postby nytrojen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Hobber wrote:
nytrojen wrote:Urgh... the camry is an abomination to drive. Heavy, vague, indirect steering, uncomfortable driving position and seats and the damn thing handles like a pig on ice. I don't know how my dad drives his camry to bloody avalon everyday and back from berwick

No way.. I always asked for a Camry when getting hire cars... better than the Commodore or Falcon...

Once they were out of Camrys so 'upgraded' me to a Commodore. I did the Jerry Seinfeld 'but I made a reservation' thing...

Gee that Commodore got thrashed. Sorry to all those residents near the train yard in Freeo. :)

I'd rather a camry than commonwhore or falcunt. But then again, that's like saying that I'd prefer a broken leg to a broken arm. Neither one is pleasant
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby vp920b » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 pm

But in my opinion, New Falcon(I tested the GE model), it's build quality, ride quality, torque, are really good. Even though this car is a taxi.

Don't like commodores, very noisy, very harsh ride, makes me want to puke. No joke. Ride and drive ute once.

Camry-Commodore-Falcon, I pick falcon.
vp920b

Car: 1992 Liberty RS

Postby DJC » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:52 pm

andygt wrote:But how do you explain right after I filled up with BP petrol right away I feel the car's power is not as good. Even people in my car can feel it too. As soon as I drive out bp petrol station we started to feel it already.

Unless you had 0% petrol in your tank at the time of filling up, you wouldn't notice a difference the second you drove out. There is still fuel in the lines and would take a bit of driving before the newly added fuel reached your engine.
A single batch of "bad fuel" is not going to be noticeable to you. Using bad fuel over weeks and months is going to be more noticable, not only to you, but also your car parts, ie O2 sensor's.
I'd be looking into other issues if your car is sluggish.
:::MY04 Regal Blue Liberty GT Premium:::
|Lowered King Springs|KiDo ECU tune|HID conversion|HKS Filter|LEDs|Slotted rotors|TB Quad Tip exhaust|more TBA...
DJC
-stickered-

Car: MY04 GT Regal Blue Sedan

Return to Bling me up