Question about mufflers for my10GT

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: Question about mufflers for my10GT

Postby nytrojen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Remus exhausts look wicked! Pity the only liberty one is for a gen III (I think)

nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Arith » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:03 pm

I was considering the universal Remus for the Gen IV, but the twin tips won't fit the niche in the rear bumper I don't think.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Arith » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm

andygt wrote:Anyone know where I can get a twin tip muffler that look like AMG or GTR?

Honestly, you've really bought the wrong car. The only thing you want to do is convert it to a GTR lookalike ... and try to maintain warranty to boot! :D Save your money on converting your Lib and just endure the 3-5 years of owning it. Then get a GTR.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:28 pm

thank you Jim :lol:
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby nytrojen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Arith wrote:I was considering the universal Remus for the Gen IV, but the twin tips won't fit the niche in the rear bumper I don't think.

Couldn't find the universal one on the website, but if it's the one you linked, then yes i agree. That would look hot as! Though I reckon they might fit... they don't look too wide. You don't know any places in SE vic that distribute Remus do u? I might ask around about em
edit: scratch that - they go for $855 per exhaust!! waaaay beyond my budget
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby subarugt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:11 pm

thanks for the info I am just going to wait and look around more i think. I really need to do more research before decide buying anything. It seems many people are trying to rip you off nowadays. so hard to find a good mod shop or service shop.

off topic but.
My gt just come back from warranty for the suspension. and now today I notice when the gear is in Drive then aircon vibrate a lot and making a lot noise. First time I drive a car with aircon making such big noise or vibrate this much. I am not sure if all gt are like this. I also notice rear right suspension making crack sound for 2 sec when taking off and turning right.

sight. what's wrong with the my GT....... I have to send it back for warranty check again next few days......
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Postby Arith » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 pm

nytrojen wrote:Couldn't find the universal one (Remus) on the website, but if it's the one you linked, then yes i agree. That would look hot as! Though I reckon they might fit... they don't look too wide. You don't know any places in SE vic that distribute Remus do u? I might ask around about em. edit: scratch that - they go for $855 per exhaust!! waaaay beyond my budget

The only place I found that sold the universal Remus in Sydney was http://www.bestmufflers.com.au. They ship to anywhere in Oz though, and it came in this style with the twin square oval tips and wrapped in that satin steel sheet.

When I started my research, they didn't have any universal ones available, and it was a painful 6 month boat shipping from Europe. :( But I did try to fit the one they had on display, and the tips couldn't fit under the round arc in our rear bumpers. I even thought about cutting out a larger opening in the bumper or just buying another set of smaller Remus chrome tips.

Luckily Phat's muffler group buy came along and I abandoned the Remus altogether, but I've had Remus on two previous cars and I consider them just about perfect for what I'm after in a performance muffler. And yes, they are expensive as heck. But no more expensive than a JDM brand I reckon (I paid $1,400 for a Remus catback for my Eunos 800 many moons ago).

Arith
-stickered-

Postby nytrojen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah I arrived on the scene a little too late for the Phat group buy :( I definitely love the Remus, but I might see if i can some other universal ones done like tommy did
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Arith » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 pm

nytrojen wrote:I might see if i can some other universal ones done like tommy did

Just try not to smother the poor guy with your man-love. :air_kiss:

Arith
-stickered-

Postby nytrojen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 am

Arith wrote:
nytrojen wrote:I might see if i can some other universal ones done like tommy did

Just try not to smother the poor guy with your man-love. :air_kiss:

Hey! He should be damn glad he's receiving my man love! Love like that does not come cheap! Nor often... aaaaand I've officially creeped myself out with inuendo
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby subarugt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm

http://www.avoturboworld.com/content/view/228/31/
what do you guys think about this avo muffler? it's $880 including shipping i think.

Anyone got an idea when is STI going to release the twin tip muffler for my10 GT?
Last edited by subarugt on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Postby nytrojen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm

No idea about STi mate. You might as well have a crystal ball. Automotive firms are generally very secretive about upcoming releases
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby subarugt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:16 pm

I remember seeing a HKs version muffler for the my10 gt but I can't find the link anymore. anyone got the link of the video?
subarugt
formerly andygt

Postby sundayDriver » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:33 pm

andygt wrote:I remember seeing a HKs version muffler for the my10 gt but I can't find the link anymore. anyone got the link of the video?

are you thinking of the set that phat gt can get in?
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Previous

Return to Bling me up