Where to buy the best leather protection?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: Where to buy the best leather protection?

Postby Boxer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:58 am

andygt wrote:
1 x Duragloss Professional Leather System $49.95
1 x Duragloss Paint Protection Pack $74.95
1 x Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate (473ml) $15.95
1 x Mint Microfibre Drying Towel Waffle Weave X-Large (Single) $29.95
Items $170.80

Bought these today. are they good buy? I am waiting for a sunny day to apply them. it's been raining lately.

there was a pack for swiss or something but it cost $125 just for the leather system pack. But the sales say duragloss is enough.

Any of you uses Duragloss?

Yeah I use Duragloss and its not bad. The cleaner is very good but the protectant could last longer and add further suppleness. Big plus is the smell - fresh new leather smell :)
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby subarugt » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:10 pm

It's been raining all week I haven't got the chance to wash the car and apply them yet. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon. :cry:
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Postby vedi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:29 pm

I use Zaino on my leather. It is the only product I have used so I have no reference point to compare it to... but it does the job. It softens the leather very nicely and has that quality new car smell to it (a mix of new leather meets plastic chemicals).

Some people are critical of Autoglym and say that is was designed for British conditions and doesn’t deal with a hotter climate that well - but how true that is I am not sure. They do some quality products.

Lexol and Duragloss are also quality, you probably couldn’t go wrong with either.

Swissvax is considered top of the line but is more appropriate for high quality endangered animal skinned seats.

I rate this site: http://www.carcareproducts.com.au if you are looking to pick up some items.
I live with fear everyday, but sometimes she lets me go driving.
vedi

Car: MY07 Liberty STi

Postby jp928 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:06 pm

I used Meguiars gold class for a few years, no problems, leather still good. Tried their tissue wipes with leather treatment in them, nearly slid off the seat - slippery as all get out. Had to clean it off and start again. a mob named Colonil make good tissue wipes for leather.
Now using Lexol - doesnt make them slippery. If you look at the side bolster at the outside of the seat and see creases appearing , its caused by the way you park/slide your backside in to the seat - and will eventually break the leather there, unless you either avoid that method of entry, or give that part LOTS of attention.
jp 08 gtb 6mt wgaon
jp928

Car: 08 gtb 6mt wagon

Postby GTB Liberty » Thu May 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Zaino FTW!
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby Mark^^ » Thu May 06, 2010 8:19 pm

I like Swissvax and brought this Leather Care Kit from Dave at waxit for when my Liberty arrives next week.

http://www.waxit.com.au/proddetail.asp? ... 690&cat=46

Dave also has a deal going on his Zaino Leather Care Kit which bundles Zaino leather products, Z9 cleaner and Z10 conditioner with 2 x microfibre applicators and a microfibre towel with a $10.00 saving

http://www.waxit.com.au/proddetail.asp? ... itl&cat=67

To note I have no relationship with Dave or waxit, I just like the great service and good prices on his products.
Mark^^

Car: MY10 GT Turbo & Ford Territory

Postby mud » Fri May 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Isn't Subaru leather "plastic coated" (like many other automotive leathers)?

If so, you're just making your seats smell nice, because the product isn't actually getting to the leather.

You may as well just use a gentle cleaner.

I'm not saying Subaru leather is plastic coated, just posing the question. :)
Tar's for getting there - dirt's for racing!
MY07 3.0R spec B 6 MT wagon. STi springs. STi strut brace. Ferodo DS2500 pads. K&N panel filter. K2 Gear spec Neo mufflers.Ohlins adjustable dampers.
mud

Car: MY07 3.0RB

Postby blitzen Bspec » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:10 pm

what about dubbin for leather
blitzen Bspec

Car: 06 liberty blitzen Bspec

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:58 am

blitzen Bspec wrote:what about dubbin for leather

You want to use a saddle waterproofing product on the car? Ummmmm :?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby smythie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:54 pm

It does more than waterproof the leather.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 pm

smythie wrote:It does more than waterproof the leather.

I'm well aware of what dubbin is - my post was suggesting it's not appropriate for leather in a a vehicle.
GTB Liberty

Postby smythie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:12 pm

for what reason though? I've used it as well in the past on boots and horse gear. It conditions the leather, it helps protect it from UV. What else do you expect from an automotive leather product? Haven't used it in a while, does it smell particularly bad?
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:43 pm

smythie wrote:for what reason though? I've used it as well in the past on boots and horse gear. It conditions the leather, it helps protect it from UV. What else do you expect from an automotive leather product? Haven't used it in a while, does it smell particularly bad?

Being an ex horse type I have used it on saddles n boots. UV protection isn't part of the product. Also - if dunnin isn't reapplied often the leather actually gets harder.

I WOULD NOT be using dubbin on anything but saddles, straps, hats etc and boots all designed to be used in the great outdoors.
GTB Liberty

Postby blitzen Bspec » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Ive got creases on the sides of my blitzen front driver seat from the previous owner. I guess its too late to fix it now or by applying conditioner will they eventually come out? I was going to give the 'elephant fat' leather cream a go from car care.. the product is supposed to be good for this type of wear
blitzen Bspec

Postby blitzen Bspec » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:02 pm

car car products suggested leatherique to get rid of creasing. Anyone used this before?
blitzen Bspec

Previous

Return to Bling me up