Dual catback exhaust system

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: Dual catback exhaust system

Postby Hotwire » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:29 pm

The question is why spend more than you have to? If you buy a $400 exhaust that sounds just fine to your liking, the welds are fine (i.e. no leaks) AND it lasts for as long as you own the car, then what is the problem with it?

Not everyone who spends $30k has another $2-3k to spend on modifying, and therefore look for value for money mods, not just name brand "look at me I had JDM cred Yo!" mods.
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby hamish_023 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Hotwire wrote:The question is why spend more than you have to?

because a K2gear centre pipe made with 800% profit is so worth it as everyone who gets under your car will see it... :roll:
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Arith » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm

because a K2gear centre pipe made with 800% profit is so worth it as everyone who gets under your car will see it... :roll:

LOL! Gotta admit K2 Gear does have bling, but have you even been in a car equipped with K2 Gear mufflers or catback? One of the quietest systems available that's a notch above the STi and below other aftermarkets for noise. Sure, you can go out and buy any no-name brand out there if that's what you're after, but don't dismiss the higher quality and price brands without researching why.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Jim » Thu May 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Pff naysayers .. im rolling my eyes at some of the naive comments in this thread.

I bought this kit and im very happy and impressed with it. It fits perfectly and has a very nice warm, deep tone. Its well made and great quality.

From turbo to tip, i have payed what some people here would have payed JUST for a cat-back. From what i was told, i bought the last kit he had about 2-3 months ago and im not sure when he's getting more in.

Its just an exhuast, its not the miracle super tunnel of ultra every last kw power gain. Its designed to remove the exhuast gases quickly and efficiently. And as for lastability of the system, just cos its made in China or wherever doesnt mean its going to exlpode in x amount of km's. Its 304 Stainless steel ffs.
Last edited by Jim on Thu May 05, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Car: MY07 GT-B

Postby Kekotic » Thu May 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Jim wrote:From turbo to tip, i have payed what some people here would have payed JUST for a cat-back.

Some people spend more on their mufflers....looks at Jim (Arith) :twisted:

Each to their own. I guess if you buy one of the more sought after named brands at least you can still resell it for a decent amount in the future.
Last edited by Kekotic on Thu May 05, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Jim » Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 pm

Arith wrote:

LOL! Gotta admit K2 Gear does have bling, but have you even been in a car equipped with K2 Gear mufflers or catback? One of the quietest systems available that's a notch above the STi and below other aftermarkets for noise. Sure, you can go out and buy any no-name brand out there if that's what you're after, but don't dismiss the higher quality and price brands without researching why.

Thats a bit hypocritical? Why be so quick to dismiss a cheaper item? Not all of us have 11ty thousand dollars to blow on our cars with super shiny brand name bling, after all, they're only street cars for the majority of us.

I find it a little elitist and unfair to be singled out for buying cheaper gear on a car that may well be worth $30k, claiming that "you should'nt have bought the car if your only going to spend $400 on a catback".
Jim

Postby stew07gt » Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 pm

Jim, can you confirm what size the pipes are out of interest? He's got 10 in stock apparantly?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dual-Catback-Exh ... 5d2c8b8caa

not entirely convinced, but also sick of sitting at the lights feeling like my cars not even on because its so quiet. Might buy this as a temp, but if its good why not. Worst case if its well made and if i dont like the sound i could just replace the mufflers with something better. so worth it you reckon?
stew07gt
-stickered-

Car: MY05 GT MT (pearl white)
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14846

Postby Jim » Thu May 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Its a 3" system which splits to 2.5" to the mufflers and bolts up directly to your stock exhaust, you could do it yourself ( i did ). Its actually not THAT loud but its definatly a nice and comfortable amount of noise. At the end of the day, its your choice and your money. I would personally reccommend it as i have had no dramas with it at all and it looks/sounds great.

Jim

Postby stew07gt » Thu May 05, 2011 11:22 pm

hmm then hopefully ill buy one next week and let you know how it goes. thanks
stew07gt
-stickered-

Car: MY05 GT MT (pearl white)
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14846

Postby Arith » Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 am

Jim wrote:Thats a bit hypocritical? Why be so quick to dismiss a cheaper item? Not all of us have 11ty thousand dollars to blow on our cars with super shiny brand name bling, after all, they're only street cars for the majority of us.

I find it a little elitist and unfair to be singled out for buying cheaper gear on a car that may well be worth $30k, claiming that "you should'nt have bought the car if your only going to spend $400 on a catback".

WTF? At what point did I look down upon a lower cost item or the people who buy them? I said "you can go out and buy any no-name brand out there if that's what you're after". In other words, you have the free will to buy whatever you want to buy. It's your choice and your money.

All I'm saying is that don't immediately dismiss a higher priced one because it's the same thing but a higher price. Sometimes it's priced higher for a reason, whether it's due to better quality, different features, etc. I have bought cheaper no brand items in the past, and they didn't meet my needs which is why I ended up with the K2 Gear. Not because it's the most expensive one and I only buy 'brand name'.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby Gambit » Fri May 06, 2011 11:29 am

Bring the Popcorn out :lol:
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby Arith » Fri May 06, 2011 11:53 am

People dismiss K2 Gear as shiny bling, yet if you look at the picture of the exhaust system being talked about here from the 1st post, it's as shiny if not shinier than K2 Gear. :roll:

Since I'm such a brand snob, I should revise my Exhaust videos thread to include only overpriced brand names.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby Jim » Fri May 06, 2011 6:39 pm

You took my comment out of context, i didnt say anywhere that you particularly quoted that. Infact, someone else did. Im not having an e-bash or keyboard warrior back peddal moment, im contributing to the discussion and thought i would pick up on your comment, thats all. Dont take it personally.

It works both ways, dont judge a peice of equipment by its price or appearance of quality, i never said that a brand name item was crap and only the rich and famous buy them. To be honest, given my budget and experience with modified cars ( Liberty GX conversion, Legacy GT-B Twin Turbo et al ) im very confident on what i choose to modify my car with. I didnt even consider ( and most others on a budget wont ) looking at the higher priced brand name stuff, because its just simply unattainable on my build and i didnt feel it was necessary to spend that much.

Im not having a dig at those who can and do spend alot on simple mods, not at all. Each to their own. Im just saying some comments in the thread were a bit naive and uninformed.
Jim

Postby Arith » Fri May 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Jim wrote:You took my comment out of context, i didnt say anywhere that you particularly quoted that. Infact, someone else did.

You could have quoted that other person in your reply. The fact that your comments were directed at my particular statement made me your target.

Dont take it personally.

Err, you directly called me a hypocrite. How am I supposed to take it?

It works both ways, dont judge a peice of equipment by its price or appearance of quality

You're talking to someone who's an advocate of non-branded products. My advice to people has always been to pick the item that best suits their needs and budget, not go for the most expensive because it's the best. Sometimes brand x items do the job just fine and anything else is just excessive.

Im just saying some comments in the thread were a bit naive and uninformed.

I totally agree with you. But if you were after just joining the conversation and making a general comment, you could have just said so without quoting anyone unless you were attacking them.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby PHAT GT » Sun May 08, 2011 12:45 am

I like shiny bits :wink:

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

PreviousNext

Return to Bling me up