ODB2 Monitoring tool

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: ODB2 Monitoring tool

Postby Wasbxt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:13 pm

Wonder if anything like this can be configured to work with the MY10 GT's inbuilt screen......as in an OBDII cable that goes from the plug straight to the RCA inputs in the centre console and then display it on screen.....or am I just being silly?
Wasbxt

Car: MY10 Liberty GT Premium Wagn

Postby Moi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Wasbxt wrote:Wonder if anything like this can be configured to work with the MY10 GT's inbuilt screen......as in an OBDII cable that goes from the plug straight to the RCA inputs in the centre console and then display it on screen.....or am I just being silly?

You can do this right now! Just use the TV-Out of some of the newer Nokia phones whilst running Bluetooth OBD and the S60 OBDScope application :)
Current: Subaru Legacy GT-spec.B MY07
Previous: Subaru Impreza WRX MY01

Moi

Car: Subaru Legacy GT-spec.B MY07

Postby Hotwire » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:09 pm

hit a snag - couldn't get it to connect to the liberty today. Will try a few diff settings tomorrow. Don't suppose anyone knows the protocol the lib uses? Posting from my phone so google search is a bit hard :|
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby Hotwire » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:51 am

OK

Cannot get it to communicate with the Liberty ECU. Device is powered, will connect with the phone but cannot seem to get any info out of the Liberty ECU. Can't seem to narrow down which protocol is used by the Liberty either, as leaving it in AUTO, or manually selecting each protocol makes no difference.

I know with the VAG-COM OBDII Cable you need to set port speed to 4800bps for the cable to work with subaru (due to slow port speed) and as this can't seem to be configured in this device I'm wondering if this is part of the issue? Oh well, I now have a monitor for my Mazda at least at low cost but Liberty is a no-go. Wouldnt mind trying it on a facelift (07+ mode) with CANbus protocol to see if it works, but seem no good for the pre-can bus ECU's
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
Hotwire

Postby teK-- » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:41 am

Hey Lee you should try posting on LegacyGT, those boys play around a lot with Accessport and ROMraider etc so no doubt they have seen this before. Let us know what you find :D
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:27 am

correct protocol is Subaru Select II
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby Hotwire » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 am

GTSPECB STI wrote:correct protocol is Subaru Select II

Which isn't an option in this software.
I have found via LGT that it "should" be ISO 9141 -KWP Fast which is what the device/software is detecting, but it just won't communicate :(
Hotwire

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 pm

sounds like your out of luck with your monitoring tool then. fyi Ecudatascan connects just fine using this protocol.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby Hotwire » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Just an update... got in touch with the OBDScope software creator, and there was a software bug which was preventing my car from connecting.

However, once that bug was sorted, turns out MY04 ADM subaru's dont support much OBD data at all.. in fact nothing useful. So don't anyone else waste their $$ unless you want to use it on another car (its great for my SP23 though, so not a waste for me)
Hotwire

Postby teK-- » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey that sux Lee, thanks for getting back to us. Is it a limitation of only the MY04; has anyone here got the ECUDatascan unit fitted to their MY04 and can comment?
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Hotwire » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Yes its a limitation of the MY04's. Subaru code using their own protocol SSM (Subaru Select Monitor). Many of the parameters have been defined for RomRaider and a number of other PC loggers. This protocol (SSM) from my understanding requires slightly different hardware to the ELM327 chip used in the bluetooth loggers, thus the tactrix cables and VAG-COM cables will allow logging of the SSM parameters.

ECU Datascan has used this same SSM protocol also, thus it can read/do far more than these generic readers (with the ELM chipset)

So if a portable standalone system is what you are after, then the ECUDatascan looks the way to go. Me personally, Im happy with using my laptop and $20 VAG-COM cable to log when I want to ;)
Hotwire

Postby wassell2381 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:13 pm

ehhhhh gay. Ive just got mine and was looking forward to getting some info out of it. So whats the software glitch? I may aswell try to get as much as i can from it as at the mom its just saying no response from connection tool.

cheers
Current:
... TBC
Sold:
MY09 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
MY10 BMW 320d LCI
MY09 Impreza RS Hatch
MY04 Liberty Safety Pack Sedan
wassell2381
-stickered-

Car: Nil

Postby deeps » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:20 am

Dammit.. Why did I not see this thread before?

Anyway, can you view and clear CEL with this?
deeps

Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 2.0R

Postby Leemanchew » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:07 pm

I know this is a really old thread but just wanting to put some input in, for future reference.

I currently have a Pinoneer AVH3500 in my gen3 heritage and have the app 'Dash Command' which I have heard good reviews about.
Basically downloaded it onto my iPhone 4s, then from there hooked my iPhone up to my headunit, from here I have the whole Pioneer 'App Radio' which is a great way to use this particular headunit to its full potential.

From here I am going to buy a 'OBD2 WiFi' which you can buy off ebay for like $30 and then hopefully it all goes good.

Cheers
Adelaide | Liberty Heritage 01 | Silver
Leemanchew

Car: Liberty GEN3 heritage
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24794

Postby subyroo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:00 pm

I had an UltraGauge in my old 2003 XS Forester, worked brilliantly too, downside was it did not keep a log.
But to have 7 x pages with 6 x gauges per page that can be static or cycle through, your choice is great.
I bought mine simply to monitor the Water Temp and my L/100k and found the 2003 forester had somewhere around 40 Sensors available for monitoring.
Pedro

2021 Honda HR-V VTi-S
MY03 XS Forester (owned for 13yrs.)
Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.
subyroo

Car: 2021 Honda HRV VTi-S

PreviousNext

Return to Bling me up