Need help: Car Security

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Postby loweart » Tue May 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi HellKnight,

OMG, I've just read this thread and I'm really SHOCKED :shock:

Reason being is that I have dealt with Peter of Brant Corporation in Sydney on 4 different occasions over the last 5 to 6 yrs and have received nothing but the best and most courteous service. He has always
asked me of my preferred times/days for a mobile installer to attend and gotten back to me after he's been able to lock in the time/date with the
installer first as to not "muck" me around.

In January this year when I unexpectedly found the Liberty 3.0R that I had been looking around for and needed have my Brant immobiliser removed from my 2.5 Lib and transferred across to the 3.0R, I rang Brant's Sydney office and left a message knowing they were on Xmas/New Year holidays. Peter returned my call in less than 2 days ( he rang me back on a Saturday too because he said that my msg/situation sounded urgent ) and had an installer arranged and confirmed within 1 business day and the work was done quickly and on time once again.

I'm naturally curious to know the name of the person that spoke to you like that as I would like to make Peter aware of this incident !

Cheers,
Lok
FAST cars and slow women

Silver MY03 Subaru Impreza RS
HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Car: MY03 Impreza RS ( Team Silver )

Postby invigrr8 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 pm

i got an autowatch system which is the most reliable alarm system i've ever used. didn't have any teething problems or troubles as of yet. i got it from james at trik security (http://www.trik.com.au/) who was recommened to me by skoobygt and has done a few other forum member's cars as well. can't recommend his workmanship and service enough! he also does installs for brant but after doing a bit of research i went for an autowatch system with a seperate fob after reading about theives equipt with code hoppers (http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?p=8335#8335 )
invigrr8
formerly invigorazn

Postby HellKnight » Tue May 12, 2009 10:20 pm

loweart wrote:Hi HellKnight,

OMG, I've just read this thread and I'm really SHOCKED :shock:

Cheers,
Lok

Exactly the same reaction I got. The message was heard from all my crew at work and all being car enthusiasts (check the staff parking :D), it was an instant no go for the Brant system. After research online and all the talk about them with friends we were looking to even do a group buy. However since this incident I have gone with my 2nd preference of the Mongoose systems.

-Martin.

P.S - I will be uploading the message left to me online just to prove that this guy works at Brant (you can call them in person) seeing as he left it on my answering machine which gives me the right to advertise this. However the further conversation I had was recorded without their consent but will be glad to let you all listen to it in person.
MY05 Subaru Liberty GT. Pearl White

Modifications:
19" Advan Kreutzer Series Xi :: Racing Logic Coilovers :: HKS SSQ BOV :: Mongoose MAP80U + full options :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID :: LED Parker/Licence/Boot/Brakes
Current Plans:
Full Brake Kit :: Exhaust System :: FMIC :: EBC :: CAI :: OEM Console Replacement
HellKnight
-stickered-

Car: MY05 GT [Team White]

Postby smythie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:27 am

ahh, but it was recorded with your consent which makes it legal. :wink:

At least in Qld it is (according to a Qld police officer I have spoken with on the matter) - only one party in the conversation needs to be aware and in consent of a conversation being recorded. It is a bit underhanded but still legal
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Mano™ » Wed May 13, 2009 7:11 pm

they have cheap gps tracking units on ebay for sale lol! seen em other day while I was looking for something ;)
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Deluded » Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 pm

invigrr8 wrote:i got an autowatch system which is the most reliable alarm system i've ever used. didn't have any teething problems or troubles as of yet. i got it from james at trik security (http://www.trik.com.au/) who was recommened to me by skoobygt and has done a few other forum member's cars as well. can't recommend his workmanship and service enough! he also does installs for brant but after doing a bit of research i went for an autowatch system with a seperate fob after reading about theives equipt with code hoppers (http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?p=8335#8335 )

i know its a little too late and discussion is old now.... but I too have got the autowatch installed by James from trik ... also recommended by skoobygt

got the integrated one though with all sensors and keypad installed....very good workmanship ... will definitely be calling the bloke for my next car alarm
MY08 GT Spec B Steel Silver
MY07 GT Tb STI OBP 287/300 formerly known as NY00MI
----------------------------------
Deluded
formerly D_Liberty

Car: MY07 TBSTI Sedan

Postby swingn » Fri May 29, 2009 9:42 am

I have a Cobra alarm & that does me very nicely :D

Never really looked into things like Quicktrack etc... At the end of the day, if someone steals me car, I don't want to see it again :P How bad would it feel if you had some punk thrashing your car around!? Plus, I've had conflicting reports about how good they actually are :P

A guy who lives down the road from my parents had his WRX stolen... Every panel was damaged & the car was thrashed to buggery... Landed up catching the guy & they repaired the car... Needless to say, he got rid of the car as soon as he got it back.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Previous

Return to Bling me up