Muffler & Exhaust System Advice

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Muffler & Exhaust System Advice

Postby Fangin_RX » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Right since im working im earning more of the 'good' stuff and want to give my car a new sound. I was looking at a cannon but didnt want a ricer look to the Gen 3, Then i was thinking the twin pipes. We have a mate who can get me a catback and the rest for $500, Is it worth it or can I get something along the same lines but for a little cheaper? Cause Noozl was chatting with me and told me to go to hitech and ask for a quote on my car, But i want other peoples opinions and Brands that can give me the more "Aggressive" Subaru sound like the Grey MY02? from the Newy Cruise (Just a little louder than his :P)

Sorry for the massive text, but i just want to see what other people think (Cause this will be custom made from my dad friend) about whats the go/no go side of Mufflers and Exhaust systems.
MY00 Subaru Liberty (Legacy) RX 2.5L / 2009 Honda CRF250R
P PLATER
-------------------------------------------------------
Fangin_RX
-stickered-

Car: MY00 Liberty RX 2.5L - Gen 3

Postby swingn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:04 am

Exhaust note & look is really a personal thing. So it's truely hard to say which way is the best option.

I'd personally go a cannon on the Gen 3's (Just not too big)... From the exhausts I've heard (On Gen 3's) you really can't go wrong with them as they get that nice boxer burble :D But going for a known brand such as HiTech or Japan Intercross (JIC) is probably a good thing as you know the quality is good.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Re: Muffler & Exhaust System Advice

Postby jdm rsk » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:03 pm

EskimO wrote:Right since im working im earning more of the 'good' stuff and want to give my car a new sound. I was looking at a cannon but didnt want a ricer look to the Gen 3, Then i was thinking the twin pipes. We have a mate who can get me a catback and the rest for $500, Is it worth it or can I get something along the same lines but for a little cheaper? Cause Noozl was chatting with me and told me to go to hitech and ask for a quote on my car, But i want other peoples opinions and Brands that can give me the more "Aggressive" Subaru sound like the Grey MY02? from the Newy Cruise (Just a little louder than his :P)

Sorry for the massive text, but i just want to see what other people think (Cause this will be custom made from my dad friend) about whats the go/no go side of Mufflers and Exhaust systems.

ethan be careful of "cannons" they are not mufflers but a resonator and you might find the sound might become enoying and loud in future especially when cruising. my advice is to get a high flow muffler. exhaust tip i would go single because of the shape above your exhaust tip is round and not straight
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Return to Bling me up