Headlights

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Postby jdm rsk » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:10 pm

EskimO wrote:Rightio Looks like Leo might be the option to go with :P. I also got fog lights anyway to make them brighter by a tad?

Cause I showed mum and she likes the 5000K. I'll PM you at a later date leo to talk about things etc

Just to clarify they will fit an MY00 2000 Subaru Liberty RX?
i have a full factory setup all inclusive headlights with factory hids for sale....
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

HID kits 4300k

Postby loweart » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 pm

let me know as i got H7 6000 or 4300k in stock ...

anyway even if u get it from some where else ... if u need help with install let me know mate

Leo

Hi Leo,

I was wondering how difficult these HID kits are to fit into the Liberty to replace the standard bulbs ?

I'm about to pickup a MY05 3.0R sedan later this week and I already have a growing list of "enhancements"

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,
Lok
FAST cars and slow women

Silver MY03 Subaru Impreza RS
HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Car: MY03 Impreza RS ( Team Silver )

Re: Headlights

Postby suby11 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 pm

I got 6000K bulbs for my headlights and also got 6000k xenon fog lights. Got them all from America with lifetime warranty.

They look unbelievable! They are the brightest lights I have seen on the road so far. Havn't really noticed a loss of output though.

Its so good having xenon foggies matching the headlights. Actually they look so good upgraded my wife's new Nissan Murano foggies to xenons as well.
suby11

Car: MY07 GT SpecB Sedan

Postby dwayne » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:16 pm

got any info/links on the 6000K fog lights ? Is this for pre or post facelift ?

Cheers

Dwayne

Car: MY07 OBP 6MT GTBSTi

Postby Fangin_RX » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 pm

haha someone revived a dead thread, I think most HIDS fit Foggies and headlights (Leo or Clarence will be a better to person to ask PM them they will gladly help you out) :)
MY00 Subaru Liberty (Legacy) RX 2.5L / 2009 Honda CRF250R
P PLATER
-------------------------------------------------------
Fangin_RX
-stickered-

Car: MY00 Liberty RX 2.5L - Gen 3

Postby smythie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 pm

HID's work fine in the pre facelift cars as they are projectors. The facelifted cars are reflectors so all you need is some LED's for the same effect. HID's won't work so well guys have found
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby suby11 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Dwyane

Got my 6000k lights including foggies from

www.therpmstore.com

Got 2 headlight bulbs and 2 foggies kits all for $300 delivered.
suby11

Postby suby11 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Dwyane

Forgot to mention have a MYO7 GT Specb B sedan.
suby11

Postby teK-- » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:50 pm

HIDs visually and cosmetically look OK when retrofitted to a halogen headlight, but in actuality they will fail performance tests. Daniel Stern Lighting has done many a writeup on the topic and also the US DOT has done tests in a lab which confirm these findings.

In most cases the HIDs will give vastly increased light in the immediate foreground (a negative trait as it causes glare to the driver and reduced ability to focus on objects in the distance), and causes glare to oncoming traffic. Despite the cutoff still being sharp for the vertical beam pattern, it is the heatspots and incorrect distribution of light below the cutoff point which deem HID retrofits unsuitable (unless you install a factory HID headlight and/or lens assembly from a more upspec model).

The reason is because in halogen globes the filament runs across the width of the tube, whereas in HID the arc runs along the length of the tube. Each of these two setups require different optics.

The most effective upgrade for H7 low beam bulbs is the Osram Hyper Rallye 65W globes which provide 2100lumens of correctly focused light, are extremely white in colour, and are a straight plug-in replacement with minor trimming of the globe base. (the stock H7 globes are around 1400lumens and HIDs are up to 3000.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby teK-- » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:42 pm

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... sions.html

That's the link to the article and details of the lab testing.
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Digital » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:17 pm

wow, very informative...

i see a lot of older cars (*cough*hondas*cough*) plus more with HIDs in their stock halogen reflector housings and it would seem people dont realize they are blinding oncoming traffic.... they need to read your post lol

i even see a VE commodore regularly on the way back from work and i dunno if his beam is either pointed really high on purpose or what but it reflects like crazy. usually past the bottom of the rear windscreen of the 4WD in front of him! some ppl have no clue :banned:
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby Fangin_RX » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

I do that :D, I blind a ton of people lol, Frankly i dont care :). Makes my car look very good and makes me feel proud when the cop the HIDS high beam me so i high beam back x2 death ray :D
P PLATER
Fangin_RX
-stickered-

Postby teK-- » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:02 pm

^^ I hope you aren't serious mate, you're going to cause an accident one night then you'll be sorry.
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Fangin_RX » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 pm

My HIDS are on a Gen 3, So i have no reflector, Most people are used to it. Its just out on the open roads and away from Civilization it happens. Get the occassional flick of the High beams from traffic but i think more and more people are getting used to the blinding. I already am been hit with so many Unreflected? HIDs you get used to it in the end.

Plus im not going back to halogen, They are shit. I like my HIDS cause it lights the road up so much better, If someone is dumb enough to stare into my lights there bound to crash..
P PLATER
Fangin_RX
-stickered-

Postby teK-- » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 pm

The HIDs in your GenIII headlights (I think they might be a parabolic design, but it doesn't matter anyway) are undoubtedly brighter than the halogens, but they are also brighter in all the wrong places.

Especially since you are doing driving on open roads the concern would be that you are not going to properly see far enough in the straight ahead and off center angles.

BTW there is no need to stare into bright lights to get blinded by them. I'm sure you have had someone behind you with high beams on and at just the right angle the flash of light off the rearview is enough to stun you for a few seconds. (Pupils will close quickly in response to bright light however they open back up much more slowly).
teK--
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Bling me up