B4 Suspension redo

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

B4 Suspension redo

Postby BBB4 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi there,

I've recently had a new anti-lift kit and rear shocks installed by Pedders Heidelberg.
Let's just say the car has been there 3 times and still knocks front and rear passenger side, which doesn't bother them.
So I'm wondering if there's a suspension mob/guy you can recommend who might be more practiced with Subaru's.
It's an 02 Liberty B4, hoping the parts just need to be reinstalled properly.

Thanks a lot.
the world is flat...
tuned by KiDo Racing
BBB4

Car: Subaru Liberty B4

Re: B4 Suspension redo

Postby craig_ » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Hey mate,

Where are you located? Its not in your bio.
I have a third gen and it clunks (only when cold) and turning left. Yeah, go figure. In my case, I can't see any busted bushings, and since the noise is a constant DONK DONK DONK, i am now assuming its a wheel bearing or a drive shaft. I'll wait until it gets worse.

Check out http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/e ... tration_1/ and pay particular attention to part #25.
Get under the car with a torch and have a look at each bush to see if it's split etc.

How many kilometers and what other mods do you have? Can you describe the clunking?
craig_

Car: MY03 RX & MY10 XT

Postby BBB4 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:11 pm

G'day,

I'm in Heidelberg, so North East but metro is fine.
Mine clunks under load (i.e. driveways and dips/undulations in the road), I hope yours isn't the drive shaft!

Had an engineer in the car who picked both parts out straight away when I asked him but I'll check out the bushes.

It's done almost 145k, as far as mods bugger all except the new anti lift and rear shocks.
the world is flat...
tuned by KiDo Racing
BBB4

Car: Subaru Liberty B4

Postby et2428 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:05 am

How has the anti lift kit performed? It is supposed to stop the nose from lifting when accelerating right?
et2428

Car: Subaru Liberty B4 02

Return to Bling me up