Grill and Front Lip

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Grill and Front Lip

Postby Smokin' Liberty » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi guys,

I have been following this forum for a little while now and was after some advice.

I just picked up a very stock 2.5i lib sedan MY12 (with the nav which worked a lot better than I expected after some of the things I read on this forum).

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a new grill, front lip and maybe a lip/spoiler for the boot. Any thoughts on if this is a bit over the top for what the car is. I just want to personalise the car a bit.

Thanks in advance!
:D :D :D :D
Smokin' Liberty
-stickered-

Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i MY12

Re: Grill and Front Lip

Postby seanmau5 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Anything to improve the look of a car is good, particularly a 2.5 NA Gen 5. Most would agree with me when I say it's a pretty uninspiring car particularly in NA form. Go for it and post pictures!
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby Smokin' Liberty » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:28 pm

seanmau5 wrote:Anything to improve the look of a car is good, particularly a 2.5 NA Gen 5. Most would agree with me when I say it's a pretty uninspiring car particularly in NA form. Go for it and post pictures!

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love the car and am really happy with the features but just wanting to make it my own. I am not going to worry about any performance upgrades at the moment as it is a family run-around.

I am thinking of plastidipping the grill until I decide which to buy. Saw a pretty cheap rear spoiler on eBay and still looking at options for the front lip.

:shock:
Smokin' Liberty
-stickered-

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:31 pm

The Gen 5 looks a bazillion times better with a nice mesh grill. Check out Japanparts.com. While you may pay a little more for items from there you can't argue with the fit and finish of top Japanese aftermarket parts.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby redbucket » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:01 pm

seanmau5 wrote:The Gen 5 looks a bazillion times better with a nice mesh grill. Check out Japanparts.com. While you may pay a little more for items from there you can't argue with the fit and finish of top Japanese aftermarket parts.

This.

I recently installed a Subaru mesh grill purchased from JP, and while it was a little more expensive, it was also pre painted and fit absolutely perfectly. Highly recommended.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php?submit.x=44&submit.y=11&NUMBER=00029061&VOLUME=444-006-004&DEALER=1&CAR=157&MIDDLE=&SMALL=&MAKER=5&VOLKEY=&SEARCH_DEALER=1&SEARCH_CAR=157&SEARCH_MIDDLE=&SEARCH_SMALL=&SEARCH_MAKER=&SEARCH_VOLKEY=&SEARCH_page=3
redbucket

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon

Postby Smokin' Liberty » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:37 pm

redbucket wrote:
seanmau5 wrote:The Gen 5 looks a bazillion times better with a nice mesh grill. Check out Japanparts.com. While you may pay a little more for items from there you can't argue with the fit and finish of top Japanese aftermarket parts.

This.

I recently installed a Subaru mesh grill purchased from JP, and while it was a little more expensive, it was also pre painted and fit absolutely perfectly. Highly recommended.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php?submit.x=44&submit.y=11&NUMBER=00029061&VOLUME=444-006-004&DEALER=1&CAR=157&MIDDLE=&SMALL=&MAKER=5&VOLKEY=&SEARCH_DEALER=1&SEARCH_CAR=157&SEARCH_MIDDLE=&SEARCH_SMALL=&SEARCH_MAKER=&SEARCH_VOLKEY=&SEARCH_page=3

Hmmm, that is a nice grill!

I will have to start saving my pennies (and hoping it goes on sale in the meantime).

Thanks for the tip, I really do like that one. :buba:
Smokin' Liberty
-stickered-

Postby Smokin' Liberty » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:37 pm

redbucket wrote:

This.

Hmmm, that is a nice grill!

I will have to start saving my pennies (and hoping it goes on sale in the meantime).

Thanks for the tip, I really do like that one. :buba:
Smokin' Liberty
-stickered-

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:39 am

SmoLib, look at my build thread to see the Tommy Kiara mesh grill, bottom of page 2.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby Smokin' Liberty » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:43 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:SmoLib, look at my build thread to see the Tommy Kiara mesh grill, bottom of page 2.

Nice!

I am convinced - new grill it is.

Thanks for the suggestion.

:blind:
Smokin' Liberty
-stickered-

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:27 am

If you decide you want a Subie badge, I think the rear sedan boot lid badge fits nicely on the grill.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Return to Bling me up