Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Postby ceeej » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Last edited by ceeej on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceeej

Re: It's time, 04 GT mods

Postby MYDZYR » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:13 am

The resonator is basically a bottle that sits below your airbox, bit of fiddling around to get to it but with the removal and a K&N or HKS filter you will notice a nice induction noise. I done this to begin with but ended up going with a AVO CAI.

I came from driving a commodore too haha, big difference between the two! I think you have a good list of mods to start with, I still consider myself a noob too. I have an X-force mid and ultrex quads and actually quite like the sound, not too loud in my opinion. But with that said my next mod will most likely be the dump pipe, for moarr power :wink: .

Keep an eye out on the for sale section otherwise have a look at bestmufflers.com.au for the x-force mid, I think their prices are quite reasonable. Also check out the vendor section for parts, such as TCP Auto and Garage88.

I would definitely recommend Matt from Kido Racing for a tune. You can find him in the vendor section too.

Good luck with it all!
MY07 GT Spec B | VF52 | AVO CAI |Turbosmart BOV | X-Force Mid + Y-Pipe | Ultrex Quad-tip Mufflers | Pierburg 3-Port Solenoid | Kido Tuned | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | STI replica front lip | STI pinks | Full Matte Orange/Black Vinyl Wrap | Rear Aero Splash Guards
MYDZYR

Car: MY07 GT-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20558&p=325768#p325768

Postby ceeej » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:01 pm

MYDZYR wrote:The resonator is basically a bottle that sits below your airbox, bit of fiddling around to get to it but with the removal and a K&N or HKS filter you will notice a nice induction noise. I done this to begin with but ended up going with a AVO CAI.

I came from driving a commodore too haha, big difference between the two! I think you have a good list of mods to start with, I still consider myself a noob too. I have an X-force mid and ultrex quads and actually quite like the sound, not too loud in my opinion. But with that said my next mod will most likely be the dump pipe, for moarr power :wink: .

Keep an eye out on the for sale section otherwise have a look at bestmufflers.com.au for the x-force mid, I think their prices are quite reasonable. Also check out the vendor section for parts, such as TCP Auto and Garage88.

I would definitely recommend Matt from Kido Racing for a tune. You can find him in the vendor section too.

Good luck with it all!
Last edited by ceeej on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceeej

Postby MYDZYR » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:45 pm

I managed to find my avo cai second hand on ebay. The kobe bov was pretty loud when set to full atmo, but once I got the cai it wasn't as loud. I ended up just going back to a turbosmart full recirc and its still pretty loud with the cai. Good luck with it all!
MY07 GT Spec B | VF52 | AVO CAI |Turbosmart BOV | X-Force Mid + Y-Pipe | Ultrex Quad-tip Mufflers | Pierburg 3-Port Solenoid | Kido Tuned | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | STI replica front lip | STI pinks | Full Matte Orange/Black Vinyl Wrap | Rear Aero Splash Guards
MYDZYR

Car: MY07 GT-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20558&p=325768#p325768

Postby jay.ritchie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:32 pm

You’re missing front and rear sway bars on your list. :nono:
Cheaper than everything you’ve proposed too!

Pretty sure CAI’s are 90% acoustic aesthetics.
And Matt-Kido is great at what he does. He’s in Melbourne next week! But i guess you won’t have the exhaust done by then haha.
jay.ritchie

Car: MY12 VW Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21040

Postby peadya100 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:21 pm

jay.ritchie wrote:You’re missing front and rear sway bars on your list. :nono:

And Matt-Kido is great at what he does. He’s in Melbourne next week! But i guess you won’t have the exhaust done by then haha.

I think youre right jay. My tuner actually says CAI have a negative effect until you get up into the big power.

I wouldn't get too hung up on exhaust brands. Phat dumps are meant to be good, but are also much more expensive and to be honest wont make much difference if any. Same goes with mufflers. TCP are cheap which is why people go for them, and probably perform no worse than some of the dearer brands. The biggest thing with mufflers for me is exhaust note. Theres a thread on here with exhaust videos for different brands. Worth a look :D
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby ceeej » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:38 pm

jay.ritchie wrote:You’re missing front and rear sway bars on your list. :nono:

Haha Jay you and your sway bars, they will eventually get done, eventually. Rather get it sounding better, induction and exhaust and then get it sitting nice and low on some 18's before sways. :D

I'm not planning anything big maybe just a K&N or HKS filter to give it a decent tone. Yer, fair call I should have the exhaust all sorted and ready to go for the next melbourne one :)

peadya100 wrote: I think youre right jay. My tuner actually says CAI have a negative effect until you get up into the big power.

I wouldn't get too hung up on exhaust brands. Phat dumps are meant to be good, but are also much more expensive and to be honest wont make much difference if any. Same goes with mufflers. TCP are cheap which is why people go for them, and probably perform no worse than some of the dearer brands. The biggest thing with mufflers for me is exhaust note. Theres a thread on here with exhaust videos for different brands. Worth a look :D

I've had a look on that thread and i think the combination of force mids and TCP quads sound pretty good. I'm not too hung up on brands or anything but i just want the quad tips, I'm not a huge fan of the bigger single tip's 8) I'll keep searching and working it out and hopefully I will have updates soon!
ceeej

Postby peadya100 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:52 am

Are you going for a pod filter or just a cartridge replacement?

Im with you on the quad tips too.. much nicer look in my eyes, and a bit more subtle.

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby ceeej » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:24 pm

peadya100 wrote:Are you going for a pod filter or just a cartridge replacement?

Im with you on the quad tips too.. much nicer look in my eyes, and a bit more subtle.

Umm I was just thinking of a panel filter. Is it possible to get a pod in the stock air box? Or do you just put one on and take out the air box?

Yer thats for sure, the staggered quads are sick!
ceeej

Postby jay.ritchie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:08 pm

ceeej wrote:
Haha Jay you and your sway bars, they will eventually get done, eventually. Rather get it sounding better, induction and exhaust and then get it sitting nice and low on some 18's before sways. :D

Still a commodore driver at heart :wink:
jay.ritchie

Car: MY12 VW Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21040

Postby ceeej » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 pm

jay.ritchie wrote:
ceeej wrote:

Still a commodore driver at heart :wink:

Haha nah mate I'm a rice burner now 8) I'm not going rallying anytime soon so lets get it looking good first
ceeej

Postby peadya100 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:51 pm

ceeej wrote:
peadya100 wrote:Are you going for a pod filter or just a cartridge replacement?

Umm I was just thinking of a panel filter. Is it possible to get a pod in the stock air box? Or do you just put one on and take out the air box?

Yer thats for sure, the staggered quads are sick!

Ok so if you go a panel filter dont get the k&n. Its too oily and the oil builds up on your air flow sensor. I had one and had to take it out. If you want the noise, you really need to get a pod set up though. Usually comes with the piping and a box for the pod. Not worth the money for performance, but will certainly make a lot of noise if thats all youre after. Nothing wrong with just wanting the noise though :wink: haha

peadya100
-stickered-

Postby ceeej » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:44 pm

peadya100 wrote: Ok so if you go a panel filter dont get the k&n. Its too oily and the oil builds up on your air flow sensor. I had one and had to take it out. If you want the noise, you really need to get a pod set up though. Usually comes with the piping and a box for the pod. Not worth the money for performance, but will certainly make a lot of noise if thats all youre after. Nothing wrong with just wanting the noise though :wink: haha

Thanks, I wouldn't of even known. I will get the HKS one in that case. Look I wouldn't say no to the induction noise but I don't think I'd be willing to part will too much money just for that noise and would rather just get the panel and then a BOV or exhaust first. It is all a work in progress, hopefully have it coming along once I'm back to work in mid January :D
ceeej

Postby SIMBAT » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 pm

If you don't over oil the panel filter when you recharge it you wont have any problems with it. Although, if your like my cousin and accidentally use an entire can of the K&N aerosol oil on your filter... then your fkd LMAO.
my12 VW Tiguan TDI-tuned
my16 Hyper Blue WRX STI
my16 Honda Jazz VTI
SIMBAT

Postby peadya100 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:54 am

SIMBAT wrote:If you don't over oil the panel filter when you recharge it you wont have any problems with it. Although, if your like my cousin and accidentally use an entire can of the K&N aerosol oil on your filter... then your fkd LMAO.

My K&N was too oily from the factory.. i put a brand new one in for my first tune, and when i returned to my tuner 1 month later it had stuffed up my MAF sensor. I have heard some people say they left their filter in the sun for a while before they put it in... not sure if that would actually work though as its oil coated not water... but who knows, might help :D

peadya100
-stickered-

Next

Return to Bling me up