Spec B Headlight Upgrade/Retrofit

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Spec B Headlight Upgrade/Retrofit

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:16 am

Ever since I did a retrofit of proper projectors with clear lenses in my old car every other car's headlights have been disappointing. So it's time to get the Liberty up to scratch!

I've bought a headlight to play around with before I take to my own ones. I won't be doing angel eyes as I don't like them myself, and I don't think blackened headlights will look very good on the silver liberty. So the chrome is staying and I'll be doing some more subtle mods, I want to keep everything looking like it could have come out of the factory like that.

I want to change the parkers from the single bulb to some sort of strip that goes the whole length of that section behind the clear part. But not sure what to use, it needs to be thin and a solid light and somewhat flexible... Suggestions?

I'll also be fitting some clear lenses to the projectors to get a sharper/brighter light output. From my research/measurements our headlights use Lexus RX350 BiX projectors or a derivation of them. Which are also used in the BRZ and recent STi models.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/produ ... ucts_id=85

Light output should go from something like this

To this (although with some spacers I should get a bit more colour above the cutoff)

Finally I'll be painting the internals (apart from the moving parts and the reflector bowl) of the projector to give them some colour when looking at the lens. I'm a bit stuck on colour choice here as I don't know what will look best on silver. My first thought is blue to match the Subaru badge up front, but it will be very subtle... Other thoughts are gold to match the brembos, or aqua because aqua looks awesome. See below for what I mean. Colour suggestions would be great!

Aqua

Dark Blue
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Return to Bling me up