After advice on a clean slate

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

After advice on a clean slate

Postby VicDan_01 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:12 am

Hi All,
New to the forums here. Have done a bit of research, and continuing to do so, but would grateful for some opinions also. I have a budget of 25-30k approximately. I haven't bought the car yet, so I have a clean slate. I want a car that is multi purpose, and I can use on the road every day as well as on the track (I already have a car (BF Fairmont Ghia) that I will be keeping so it doesn't matter if my new car has to spend some time in the shop getting work). I am not too fussed about fuel cost. I would like to buy and then build a Liberty sedan that could go sub 5 secs to 100 and corner/brake well. Aesthetically I am indifferent between the 4 Gen pre face lift and 4 Gen post facelift. I also am indifferent between the 6 cyl, 4 cyl 2.0 &4 cyl 2.5 - whatever gets the job done best. (my understanding was that all GTs were fitted with a turbo engine - is this correct?). Also if anyone has any tips on a good place to get mods done would appreciate them.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Daniel :)
VicDan_01

Car: BF Fairmont Ghia

Re: After advice on a clean slate

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:55 am

I'd aim for a postFL for the 6mt and 2.5 and budget for a basic rebuild with forged pistons etc.

Or just buy some of the nice Libs here that have had the work, or the mods done or even some that have had both done.
Putting out an EOI at 30K should net you some with... the works!

Going prefL will be even more affordable with only a few compromises and some would say advantages even.

Check out all the info on blown head gaskets and broken ringlands to see where I'm coming from.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby paggaz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Here's one to consider!! All the hard work done with quality parts and a very reputable workshop; just enjoy it :mrgreen: --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22951
paggaz

Car: 2007 GT Spec.B Wagon Silver
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17423#p241526

Postby andy85 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

paggaz wrote:Here's one to consider!! All the hard work done with quality parts and a very reputable workshop; just enjoy it :mrgreen: --> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22951

I really hope this goes to a well cared home cos it's a very pleasant machine!
It'll be very sad to see it being miss treated :(((((
08 H6 Liberty Wagon Stealth Install
Processor - BitOne
Front Stage - Crescendo 8.9B | Front Amp - Arc Audio KS300.4
Sub - IDMAX 10" | Sub Amp - Arc Audio KS1000.1
Wiring- Stinger | Battery - Stinger SPV44
Sound Deadening - Dynamat Xtreme | Entire Floor | Trunk | Trunk Lid | Doors
Installer - FHRX | Sound Deadening - Me, myself and I
andy85

Car: MY08 H6 Wagon Tuned by KiDo Racing

Return to Bling me up