STI short shift for GenV?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

STI short shift for GenV?

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Has anyone here fitted an STI short shifter to their GenV?

I have had a look around, and only really found threads on overseas forums.

I think Subaru part # C1010AJ100 suits my car, and at around $450 it seems like an OK price.

So, has anyone here done it?
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Re: STI short shift for GenV?

Postby satogixxer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Yes I have one (fitted by Subaru dealer, not myself).

The part no. for mine was ST35000EZ000 (verified in a catalogue & my invoice).

You need the same part no. in your wagon. I think the part no. you listed is for an Outback?

Mine was $750 from Subaru + $120 fitting (pretty expensive) - you can probably find it cheaper by shopping around.

Definite improvement with the shorter throw, I can highly recommend. :good:

But maybe do some research on other brands like Cobb etc. to see if they have any for the GenV? (not sure) Personally I've been happy with the STI version however.
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Was driving an MY10 6MT GenV today with the Cobb, spot on upgrade for minimal coin!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby satogixxer » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 pm

So I guess Cobb do have one for the GenV then! (thanks Matt) :wink:

Probably it would be a lot cheaper than the STI one and a shorter throw - something to think about in your decision making!
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:30 pm

satogixxer wrote:So I guess Cobb do have one for the GenV then! (thanks Matt) :wink:

Probably it would be a lot cheaper than the STI one and a shorter throw - something to think about in your decision making!

Fully adjustable height and throw as well :)

EDIT: Let me confirm that he used an MY12 WRX STi shifter :)

KiDo_Tuning

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Good info, thanks guys.

Could I trouble somebody for a link or a part number for the Cobb one?

I'll search anyway, but I want to ensure I find the correct one.

EDIT -

Is this it?
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Subaru-6-Spd- ... 215315.htm

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
lump_a_charcoal

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:04 pm

I will confirm with the owner tomorrow, he came to me with it fitted. His brother is a machinist though so it might of needed customising... howver, for the price it is a bargain :)

You can adjust the pivot to cable length and then set your gearknob height independantly which is what I define as a true short shifter.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby pips06 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 am

Subscribed!
K2 | DAMD | Brembo | STI | HKS | Rays Homura | KiDo | Tein | Corazon | Valenti | Crystal Eye
pips06

Car: Gen V SWP Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16415

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:53 pm

In terms of gearbox and motor, what differences are there between the Outback and the Liberty?
I am trying to workout the difference between the types of STI SS kits offered.

https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/produ ... ts_id=1114

lump_a_charcoal

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Bit of confusion but the owner has a Cobb gearknob and the gear stick was modified by his brother, who made up a new lower bush to shorten the throw by making the bush longer then had the fulcrum to knob shortened. Bit disappointing as it felt as comfortable as any other Cobb 6 speed shifter for once especially in 2nd gear(rather than the dull factory offering!)

lump_a_charcoal wrote:In terms of gearbox and motor, what differences are there between the Outback and the Liberty?
I am trying to workout the difference between the types of STI SS kits offered.

https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/produ ... ts_id=1114

Legacy and Outback have same part number of: C1010AJ100

KiDo_Tuning

Postby satogixxer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:43 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Legacy and Outback have same part number of: C1010AJ100

I'm confused by this... my part number for the STI Short Shift Gear Lever Assembly for my GenV GT was ST35000EZ000.

This was printed on my invoice, and was also the part number I'd identified from a Subaru accessories catalogue I'd found.

Are they the same part? Does Subaru Australia use different part no's or something? (not that it concerns me personally - I already have it fitted. But other readers might get the wrong part if they are not the same?)
Profile video here
satogixxer

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 pm

satogixxer wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:Legacy and Outback have same part number of: C1010AJ100

I'm confused by this... my part number for the STI Short Shift Gear Lever Assembly for my GenV GT was ST35000EZ000.

This was printed on my invoice, and was also the part number I'd identified from a Subaru accessories catalogue I'd found.

Are they the same part? Does Subaru Australia use different part no's or something? (not that it concerns me personally - I already have it fitted. But other readers might get the wrong part if they are not the same?)

Different part numbers used

KiDo_Tuning

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:57 am

Thanks Matt, I thought it was strange that the OB and the Lib/Leg had different shifters.

I guess I can get one from overseas at half the price now.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:17 pm

The first is a pic from the Aussie Subaru website of their one. The second, third and fourth pics are of the US version - I cannot tell if there is a difference or not...

18._short_shift_gear_leaver_assembly-6mt_full.png
18._short_shift_gear_leaver_assembly-6mt_full.png (164.65 KiB) Viewed 3519 times

CCF07252009_00010_edited.jpg
CCF07252009_00010_edited.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 3519 times

lgt1.jpg
lgt1.jpg (155.57 KiB) Viewed 3519 times

lgt2.jpg
lgt2.jpg (130.24 KiB) Viewed 3519 times

I might just have to hope that Matt is correct (not that I doubt you mate) and take the plunge. :bad:

EDIT - just found this manual - http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.p ... 1269659272

lump_a_charcoal

Postby Beanbag Brad » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:30 pm

If I recall correctly, people on the LGT forums have had some 'issues' with the Cobb kit, and have advised just going with the genuine one!

I wonder what garage88 charges for the part + install... I've been meaning to get one for a while!
[MY10 Liberty GT Sedan, 6MT, Black]
Beanbag Brad

Car: GenV Liberty GT Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19845

Return to Bling me up