Paint & Interior protection

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Paint & Interior protection

Postby PRO20B » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:54 pm

What is everyones thoughts/experiences on the Paint and Interior (Leather) protection that Subaru offer when buying a new car?

I am awaiting delievery of a black MY08 Liberty STI and am unsure whether i should get either?

Cheers
Daniel
PRO20B

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Mate do not spend your money with subaru for this sort of thing. Get a local detailer to do the work and use whatever product you like best. I use autoglym products on my exterior and interior leather. Great results and way less expensive than what the stealerships will charge you.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby mianos » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:28 pm

I thought it was a dealer offer, not really Subaru. Shouldn't the paint have a gell coat, the leather have a finishing layer and the underside have rust protection and paint? A quick search on the internets (for what that's worth, zero ?) lead me to believe it's a profit item for the dealer. If my leather showed unreasonable signs of wear within the factory warranty period I'd want it fixed anyway. I've have that a similar hing happen in my pat Toyota ad they changed the carpets, after 2 years (the car only had 10,000ks).
The same amount of money would be better spent on a regular after market paint coat by a reputable detailer and a good clean, inside and underside.
mianos

Postby trayner » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:02 pm

it's the biggest rip off ever!! i have a mate who used to be a new car dealer... they do about $200 worth of work and charge 10 times that...

and it really doesn't do much anyway... keep your car washed and wash/condition the leather regularly and that's plenty
MY07 GT-B 6MT Obsidian Black
trayner

Car: 2007 GT Spec B

Postby Arith » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 pm

I think each dealership has their own 3rd party detailer which carries out the paint and interior protection. It's very lucrative for them because they charge almost double what a detailing shop will charge you outside. If you want the protection, take delivery of your car and get it done elsewhere.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Subie Boy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:30 pm

I had mine done in my car and it was for free (threw in as a package)! Its pretty good, I have never onece waxed my car, they gave this special car shampoo thats pretty good, I also come back to Subaru every year to do a check on the paint as they have annual inspection on the paint protection!! So far soo good!!
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby PRO20B » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Arith wrote:If you want the protection, take delivery of your car and get it done elsewhere.

Any suggestions for places in Sydney?

Cheers
Daniel
PRO20B

Postby chriskan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 pm

PRO20B wrote:
Arith wrote:If you want the protection, take delivery of your car and get it done elsewhere.

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel,

Dan @ DMS Detailing will be able to give you some advice. I'd probably suggest the Zaino system if you want a sealant type product.

http://www.dmsdetailing.com.au

What colour did you end up getting?
MY07 GT-B T/B STi 6MT OBP
| PHAT Performance Quad Mufflers | HKS Panel Filter & removed resi + CAI pipe |
chriskan

Car: MY07 GT-B t/b STI OBP 6MT - #244/300

Postby PRO20B » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:38 pm

chriskan wrote:
PRO20B wrote:

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel,

Dan @ DMS Detailing will be able to give you some advice. I'd probably suggest the Zaino system if you want a sealant type product.

Thanks for your help, i will contact Dan and go from there.

I have ordered the car in black, although i'm unsure when i will take delivery of it.

Cheers
Daniel
PRO20B

Postby moggy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:34 pm

I got mine done at Infinity Auto, James Ruse Drive, Granville. They use the Glarefoil products and I'm very happy with the result. Give the boss Josh a ring on 0433 550 775 and have a chat or just google on Glarefoil. :wink:

8) Bob.
When I give an opinion you have to ask yourself...what the hell does he know about anything!

I started out with nothing....and I've still got most of it left.....

MY07 Liberty GT spec B 6MT Sedan;
P3 Dump|Fujitsubo Legalis R|Whiteline|Enkeis|HKS EVC|Dixcel|Blitz|Greddy|Pink Bits|Brembos|178.6 kw ATW|
moggy

Car: MY07 Lib GTB 6MT

Postby PRO20B » Tue May 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Has anyone used these guys?

http://www.sixstarsolutions.com.au/SixS ... /Home.aspx

Cheers
Daniel
PRO20B

Postby Subie Boy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:12 pm

If you're still after this, my friend that owns a car wash place does paint protection for $345. He does this for all the dealerships around my area including that of Bill Buckle Subaru!
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby jdm rsk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:30 am

chriskan wrote:
PRO20B wrote:

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel,

i can say daniel does a number 1 job and dont waste your money with the subaru protection package
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby Mano™ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 am

+1 for black.. congrats on purchase
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Resonate » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:06 am

I remember from the detailing workshop that david at waxit.com.au said don't waste your money on it. Paint protection is just using a sealant like zaino z2 pro. He was telling a story how he sells a products to one of the detailers who does paint protection; the sealant only costs about $9 to do per car and it only takes an hour or two to apply but the detailer charges $1000 a pop.
Resonate

Car: MY07 GT-B (Diamond Grey)

Next

Return to Bling me up