To grille or not to grille?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Postby Resonate » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Grab phil's (MY07GT) one.
Resonate

Car: MY07 GT-B (Diamond Grey)

Postby Arith » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 pm

fuelrw wrote:Yeah I think mine is the spec B grill ... I've just removed the centered subaru logo and clipped on the STI ;)

Sorry, the Spec B one is a honey comb design, not mesh. Plus it has a mount in the centre for the Subaru badge as well as only fitting the MY07 onwards.

However I think the price Phat GT charges includes a new Subaru badge to go with it as well as shipping. The one ordered from JapanParts.Com is the grille only, and you either have to remove the badge from the old grille or buy a new one (another $50). Then you have shipping to worry about as well.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Resonate » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Arith wrote:However I think the price Phat GT charges includes a new Subaru badge to go with it as well as shipping. The one ordered from JapanParts.Com is the grille only, and you either have to remove the badge from the old grille or buy a new one (another $50). Then you have shipping to worry about as well.

Yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. The japan parts grill states that it doesn't come with the emblem or clips. 8)
Resonate

Car: MY07 GT-B (Diamond Grey)

Postby drndrn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:37 am

chriskan wrote:
EJ25 wrote:if you still dont get it, its this one

woot! get to show off my car.

actually i saw a pic of that on another 08 lib.. was wondering which aus model that came on! It's not on my 07 Spec B that's for sure.. :) :?:

EDIT.. ntw.. tangles has cleared it up :)

Sorry to be a hassle but has anyone seen the 2.5i *pic above* with that OEM front spoiler as well as an STi lip or just with an STi lip by itself?
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby GTSPECB STI » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 am

Arith wrote:
fuelrw wrote:Yeah I think mine is the spec B grill ... I've just removed the centered subaru logo and clipped on the STI ;)

Sorry, the Spec B one is a honey comb design, not mesh. Plus it has a mount in the centre for the Subaru badge as well as only fitting the MY07 onwards.

However I think the price Phat GT charges includes a new Subaru badge to go with it as well as shipping. The one ordered from JapanParts.Com is the grille only, and you either have to remove the badge from the old grille or buy a new one (another $50). Then you have shipping to worry about as well.

I bought my Spec B Honeycomb grill from the Phat man and it does not come with a badge. You just have to pry the original badge off the oem grill (stuck on) and retape to the new grill. Easy job that takes 5 minutes tops.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby EJ25 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 pm

drndrn wrote:Sorry to be a hassle but has anyone seen the 2.5i *pic above* with that OEM front spoiler as well as an STi lip or just with an STi lip by itself?
there you go, and i dont thinik i can install an sti lip onto the oem lip. you can only have the sti lip by itself.
EJ25

Postby MY07GT » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Nah Phat dont sell em with the badge.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby MY07GT » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:00 am

I know this is old but this is to help you blokes who are still deciding.

Corazon grille on a normal GT which shares a similar bar to 2.5i (Looks like it but feel free to correct me)???

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby sinist4 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:23 am

^ yep thats the same as the 2.5i, and also it has the OEM Subaru front under spoiler on it. On both of the cars. :)

(that grill is growing on me ) :lol:
[Team Diamond Grey]
sinist4

Postby moggy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Interesting to see that the '08 Lib STi (featured in another thread) is shown with the JDM honeycomb grille, fitted by Subaru. :wink:

8) Bob.
When I give an opinion you have to ask yourself...what the hell does he know about anything!

I started out with nothing....and I've still got most of it left.....

MY07 Liberty GT spec B 6MT Sedan;
P3 Dump|Fujitsubo Legalis R|Whiteline|Enkeis|HKS EVC|Dixcel|Blitz|Greddy|Pink Bits|Brembos|178.6 kw ATW|
moggy

Car: MY07 Lib GTB 6MT

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:51 pm

that s the first thing I pointed out to the salesman when they showed me the 08 Lib STI last week. He didn't even notice himself until I pointed it out to him. Subaru of Aust must actually read some of our posts on this subject!
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Previous

Return to Bling me up