Gen IV wagon. Begin?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Gen IV wagon. Begin?

Postby mattyj » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm

I've been reading, as one does, on a large scale recently (uni has become boring haha).
What are peoples' suggestions for an MY04 Silver Wagon, 2.5i - starting with cheap and practical to expensive and sexy?

On a ridiculously low budget at the moment the car is somewhat expensive in general, but in a couple of years this will change (with a new job hopefully).

I've noticed people suggested new bushes from Garage88 as a starting point, and slimline weather shields LOOK decent, but are they effective? (I hate how wiping the windscreen leads to water dripping straight onto the little tweeter).

Cheers, and apologies in advance for all who've read similar questions.

MattyJ
mattyj

Car: MY04 2.5i Liberty Wagon

Re: Gen IV wagon. Begin?

Postby Kody.B » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 pm

I can't speak for the weather shields, I'd like to get some just for the look tbh :D

As for the car, I love my 2.5 Liberty. Looking back though, I would have gotten 06+ so that I could tune my ECU.
| 2004 Safety Pack 2.5i 5MT|
|2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec 9|
2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Kody.B

Car: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18714

Postby mattyj » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:31 pm

I'd have probably gone the 3.0 spec B with all options if le money was there originally, and if I'd seen this forum first. Car dealerships know how to talk to a dumb 20 year old driving an even older car haha. Still such a nice car stock, kills most of my friends' cars and parents'. Comfortable
mattyj

Postby Mr Bagus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Don't worry mate,

You have a great car there..... :D I've blinged mine up with a "carbon sport grill" and LED parkers and interior lights..... :lol:

I would love a GT-B but if you want a reliable, comfy, safe, stylish ride which is not so expensive to maintain and run, you should be very happy wih your current car.....you have plenty of time to upgrade as you earn more in the future, no rush.
X 99 Heritage wagon - Silver Surfer 1
X 04 2.5i wagon - Silver Surfer 2
08 3.0R Outback - The Dark Knight
Mr Bagus

Car: MY09 Outback 3.0R Kido tuned

Postby seanmau5 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:19 am

Welcome mate! There's plenty you can do to get it looking sweet! Look at cost effective things like LED and HID upgrades first, try your hand at making a custom mesh grille from a stock grille; there is a walkthrough available for that, try and find yourself a set of 18" Subaru wheels (pre/post facelift Spec B wheels), lowering springs, tint, quad tips, front lip..

Definitely get those LCA rear bushes replaced; they will be fcuked for sure! G88 sell J-Speed bushes or for a cost effective method look at an anti lift kit from Whiteline.

After joining this forum you'll realise the list goes on!
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby mattyj » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Totally agree with above points; stylish, safe etc. Silver surfer haha nice, same here! That's a pretty decent list too Sean, and I can DEFINITELY understand the list goes on, goes on, goes on.......... I shall start small, and a grille does look fun =) Will wait for time to permit, and funds of course. Getting a wrecked one seems like the way to go?
mattyj

Postby Robbks » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 am

I'd say don;t waste your money on a 2.5i
Buy a 3.0R-B or GT SpecB

Look a heap better out of the box and get all the luxury upgrades
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Return to Bling me up