Wrapping my wood look garnish on a gen 3?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Postby cre8ive » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi all Im am making use of this long weekend,the Libs just had a big service and some new parts , I am currently beautifying my Lib up but hit a snag, so please fire away a fix you may have, I am vinyl wrapping my wood look interior garnish parts on the dash but I can't seem to remove the main one that houses the stereo, cig lighter and ashtray , I can pop off the top part but my goodness its protesting down the bottom and I dont want to break it ,I have removed the 2 screws that hold in the storage bit at the bottom but it got me stumped why it wont come off ?? Have already wrapped the other bits and it looks sweet so just need the main bit done as it will look crap if its half ass'd done. Also looking at Painting my ugly brown rusty brake callipers , what colour should I paint them, they are just stockies want them painted as Im getting new slotted disc's and pads soon and basically they will tidy the car up, I have silver paint and silver and silver mags so throw a colour at me although my Japanese friends say I should airbrush the rising sun flag on them :lol: or paint ASTRO BOY on them :lol: I would love white but not to practical or even red as Ive got some red WRX seats going in soon so give suggestions please and safe cruising this weekend cheers Sandy :angel:
cre8ive

Car: 2001 RX

Re: Wrapping my wood look garnish on a gen 3?

Postby NRV155 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 am

No idea with the trim but id say red on the brakes. Rising sun flag is also like painting the swastika on your brakes. Your car may end up in flames :lol:
NRV155

Car: 03 MY04 Liberty GT

Postby sjm69 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 am

Can't help with the question but it was the one and only thing I disliked in my gen 3. Never quite understood why Subaru went with the fake wood grain just did not work of me !!
sjm69
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Premium Wagon

Postby RX_MY02 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm

You have two screws at the bottom underneath the gear boot cover, you also have one or two above the ashtray compartment, these are fun to get out and an absolute b***h to put back in. Other than that you will have some connectors to disconnect for the cigarette lighter.
Daily Driver - Volvo S60 MY14 T6 R-Design, Red
Mods - Nil

Track Car - Subaru Liberty MY02 RX, Silver
Mods - Tein Suspension, GT Brakes, Whiteline Swaybars (F & R), Full Exhaust System
RX_MY02

Car: MY02 Silver RX

Postby cre8ive » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Cheers boys thanks heaps will try and post a pic when done , You guys are truly legends :air_kiss: Ta Sandy :angel:
cre8ive

Car: 2001 RX

Postby Aztuati » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Not sure if its the same but my gen2 i had two screws in front of my centre console, removed handbrake trim, then pop out the gear trim, then the stereo trim pops off. Old thread but thought id contribute lol
Aztuati

Postby Bryzie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Hey how'd you go with the wrap sandy?

Edit: aaaaaand just realized this was from a year ago...
Bryzie

Car: MY08 Liberty 2.5Wag

Postby 05GTLIB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
05GTLIB

Car: 05 liberty gt

Return to Bling me up