Mods to 06 TBSTI

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: Mods to 06 TBSTI

Postby kiahatsiu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 am

What about a GT pumps twin scroll thing? Stock location, easy to fit.*

*Despite being one of these people who has a fancy MHI based turbo, and having talked them up in the past, I am a doubter of the claimed power outputs. How can some thing with such a tight exhaust housing make the power so many people claim to make out of them ? But they seem to do it.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby PSISUBI » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 am

dr20t wrote:Mate honestly it would be too much hassle to try fit that

My setup was the only one I know of that was modified properly to suit a t28 flanged turbo

Twin scroll is great but you will be limited

Something else you can try actually which I didn't think of earlier - contact kris from rising sun Subaru and see if you can buy a complete twin scroll setup from a jdm grb ej207.

This would include headers, sump, vf43/vf56 turbo and will bolt straight on. You would also need the tmic from this motor for it to work. This setup will be good for 220-230kwatw and will probably be your cheapest option whilst still retaining twin scroll goodness ;)

Thanks for that Mick, will contact him for sure and see what he's got. Would I also need the uppipe from the jdm grb ej207, or would the uppipe from the 07 Liberty suit ?

So, are you saying that I should give up on the 2860/2871 option altogether, because the setup that you sold is the only one that would have gone onto the car ? If I still want to go down that road (because I saw the power figures you got), how hard would it be to modify it to suit the t28 flange ? and who did that for you ?
Last edited by PSISUBI on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSISUBI

Car: 06 Liberty TBSTI

Postby kiahatsiu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am

re: the 2871 (2860 is for girly camp homosexuals, you're not one of them are you?)
That setup, get it for say, 1200, sell the manifolds for 200, thus spending 1000. Buy a set of kando equal length single scroll headers for 600, or just take the set of unequal length headers and up pipe i have sitting under my house for say, nothing (but live with the annoying subaru burbley drone). Take that gear to A&M auto and use one of Al's twist mount adaptors and have him do up and intake for you. It would be on the road and tuned for under 5k. Easily. Maybe. Don't quote me on that.

For reference http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index.php?/topic/135200-twist-mount/page__st__10. Al is jzk25.
kiahatsiu

Postby PSISUBI » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:11 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:re: the 2871 (2860 is for girly camp homosexuals, you're not one of them are you?)
That setup, get it for say, 1200, sell the manifolds for 200, thus spending 1000. Buy a set of kando equal length single scroll headers for 600, or just take the set of unequal length headers and up pipe i have sitting under my house for say, nothing (but live with the annoying subaru burbley drone). Take that gear to A&M auto and use one of Al's twist mount adaptors and have him do up and intake for you. It would be on the road and tuned for under 5k. Easily. Maybe. Don't quote me on that.

For reference http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index.php?/topic/135200-twist-mount/page__st__10. Al is jzk25.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for that information. It really is quite confusing which way to go to get the best power results for mid range and top end, just dont want to make a decision to go one way, spend money only to find that it wont work and wont give me the results I am looking for. Are you going to the Downshift meet Sunday ? If so I would like to chat to you more about this. Otherwise if you aren't maybe we could catch up sometime for a chat about it.

Cheers

Brett.
PSISUBI

Car: 06 Liberty TBSTI

Postby kiahatsiu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Yeah mate, i'll be there.
kiahatsiu

Previous

Return to Bling me up