Liberty 2,5 09 MY10 catback system and wheels?

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Liberty 2,5 09 MY10 catback system and wheels?

Postby shibbbbyyy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Hey guys, just recently got a 2009 Liberty 2.5 MY10 as I am on my P plates still and these cars are gangsta.

Friends have all told me to get a catback twin exhaust put in which they say could cost me around 1100 bucks. I wouldve loved to get the GT but oh well thats in a few years time. So is there any point in doing this car up or should i wait till i get the GT?

Also wanted to put 19" black alloys on there. Wheres good in Melbourne southside to get a quote done?

Thanks yo
shibbbbyyy

Car: 2009 Liberty MY10 2.5i

Re: Liberty 2,5 09 MY10 catback system and wheels?

Postby Gen5is » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 am

Wait.. is the Liberty a 2009 model or 2010 model?
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby Fourlex » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:27 am

lol :lol:
One of the youngens, so play nice.
Fourlex

Car: 07 2.5i Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19407

Postby shav » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:51 am

comes down to if you want to keep this car or you intend on upgrading to a GT in a few years. If you intend on upgrading in a few years, I would do minimal on the current 09 car. Like nothing major. I would consider it a waste otherwise.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby shibbbbyyy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:30 pm

yeah will be upgrading in a few years for sure, but still want it to look better.

If i put a twin catback and 19;s on it will it be harder to sell? or will it depreciate the value of the car? its the 2010 model liberty

thanks guys :D
shibbbbyyy

Postby rooby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 pm

You could get a tune for performance and probably leave it at that unless you really want an exhaust upgrade. You can always do just mufflers too if you want a better looking exhaust.
If you put a nice exhaust on it you should be fine with resale. Enormous cannons would probably cause you a problem, although you could just replace them before selling if you want to. Changing mufflers is a 15 minute job.

Wheels don't really matter because you can take them off when you sell it. Either keep the stock wheels or if you don't have space buy some stock wheels second hand when you want to sell it. However, putting bigger rims with lower profile tyres can quickly lead to the want for lowering. It's a slippery slope :)

Sway bars are a good handling mod that aren't too expensive.
Heavy duty rear sway bar mount is also recommended (is this still the case with Gen 5?), however you don't need to worry about endlinks.
Again, you can replace them if you sell. Or you can just not mention them and the buyer wouldn't know. Or you tell them they are there and the handling is better for it.

You can do lower spring or coilovers if you want lower. Depending on what you end up with you can also get decent handling gains here too.

If you have a manual you could make the shift nicer with an upgrade of shifter or gearbox/engine mounts. Slight NVH increase with upgraded mounts.

Plus whatever takes your fancy in terms of looks. You can get spoilers, lips, grilles, diffusers, eyelids, light globes etc.

In the end you can return pretty much anything back to stock for selling if you want, and unless you are doing something stupid you won't decrease the value of the car. You won't increase it though either, unless you spend a lot of cash, in which case you will be increasing the value of the car by less than what you spend.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby shibbbbyyy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks heaps with all the information, might just go with the muffler and ew exhaust tip as well as some black rims and new tyres

Ive been looking for black 19's similar too > http://www.tech9tyres.com.au/wheels/detail/santo-2ss-mb

not sure how matt black will go on my crystal black exterior but would love to find something similar with a chrome tip. Any good places in Melbourne i should check out?

and hopefully it looks nice enough without lowering it :(
shibbbbyyy

Return to Bling me up