White rims for my liberty??

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Postby HoFF » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
HoFF wrote:I want white rims for my car aswell.

I don't know if I should paint my speedy fins or just buy a set of ultrex or Rotas in white

Would cost less to paint your own wouldn't it? Buying Rotas would mean buying the rims + tyres...

About $400 to paint them vs $800 for a new set
I'm buying a new set of tyres after the track day. So that's not a problem. Then I have 2 sets of rims and tyres.

But in saying that 2 sets of rims is probably quite useless for me lol except for the week when I would paint them lol ;)
HoFF
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT MY09 Foz
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13577&start=255

Re: White rims for my liberty??

Postby Corsair » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 pm

You would have to be a masochist to have white rims IMO. I struggle to keep black wheels clean.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby Bezzza » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Corsair wrote:You would have to be a masochist to have white rims IMO. I struggle to keep black wheels clean.

But for that brief time when they are clean after a wash before you drive, makes it all worth it! :lol:

On the right car I think they can work, very hard to pull off.
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby jslayz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:10 am

Gonna look sweet, just paint the speedy's, Alliance rim repair in Malaga.
If you need a set of rims and tyres while yours are getting painted, pm me.

J
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby 05GTLIB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:42 am

Just to update you guys, the guy im hopefully purchasing the wheel s from has been an absolute pain to get hold of, i msg'd him monday, he didn't get back to me till the following day and said he had someone esle interested and would get back to me if it falls through ( i said this was fine as my offer was a couple hundred less than what he was asking ) dont know if he was just saying this so i would offer more, but anyway, didnt hear from him for a couple days then, last night, well acutally about 12.45 this morning :shock: he msg'd me to ask if im still interested, long story short,im going out to look at them tomorrow morning, so hopefully i ll have them on my car tomorrow 8) as soon as i do i'll be sure to put some pics up

To everyone who s suggesting to paint my current wheels, its a good idea, i'll certainly consider this depending on how the rotas look, cheers
05GTLIB

Car: 05 liberty gt

Postby 05GTLIB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:45 am

jslayz wrote:Gonna look sweet, just paint the speedy's, Alliance rim repair in Malaga.
If you need a set of rims and tyres while yours are getting painted, pm me.

J

Cheers for the offer, much appreciated, will certainly get back to you if i go down this route :)
05GTLIB

Postby JDGT05 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:54 am

Pretty sure there was a set of STI enkeis in white on p-wrx forsale. Might be worth looking at instead of repairing and painting a set? Or you going for more stance with the grids?
Now driving the mighty 86 :)
JDGT05

Car: STI Spec Forester
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14065

Postby 05GTLIB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:03 am

JDGT05 wrote:Pretty sure there was a set of STI enkeis in white on p-wrx forsale. Might be worth looking at instead of repairing and painting a set? Or you going for more stance with the grids?

Cheers for the advice, i saw those wheels on p wrx, unfortunately sti's run 114.5 instead of 100 so they wouldnt fit my car, otherwise yeh they would look pretty sweet. Yeh kinda keen to go for more of a stanced look this time, as all my previous rims have been pretty standard offsets and widths, so yeh pretty keen for a new look :D
05GTLIB

Postby 05GTLIB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Latest update, the guy has just msg d me saying he now might sell the wheels with the car :angry2: i've never had so much trouble trying to buy something, he says he s going to get back to me FML!!
05GTLIB

Postby rooby » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:29 pm

05GTLIB wrote:Latest update, the guy has just msg d me saying he now might sell the wheels with the car :angry2: i've never had so much trouble trying to buy something, he says he s going to get back to me FML!!

Just tell him to stop being an arse mouth and sell them as advertised. That'll bring him around I'd say.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby cliffo3rb » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 am

rooby wrote:
05GTLIB wrote:Latest update, the guy has just msg d me saying he now might sell the wheels with the car :angry2: i've never had so much trouble trying to buy something, he says he s going to get back to me FML!!

Just tell him to stop being an arse mouth and sell them as advertised. That'll bring him around I'd say.

I had the same problem with another member on here.Stuffed me round for weeks on a set of gravels.In the end he decided to keep them.Asshole.
cliffo3rb

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0rb

Previous

Return to Bling me up