HID question

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Re: HID question

Postby kiks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Leo's HID's in my wagon are nothing short of fucking excellent.

Time to warm is fine, they are such a huge change to the OEM. Love it.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

HID question

Postby Nipple06 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Hid hi beams for the win
I have 8 ballasts and I can say they are worth the wait to warm up
Tho you do need a relay kit and if your going to get them I sugest you get them from Leo as he will help you with the install and he has all the stuff
GB:Subaru Android, iPod, iPhone, USB & Bluetooth Car Kit | GROM
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21136
Nipple06

Car: Subaru liberty 2.5i wagon 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15410

Postby techst » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 am

cheers guys , prob should've mentioned ths again but the question is related to my fogs ( which are H3 ), installed 100w globes and they blew , should i maybe just go 55w?

i have HID 6000k low beam which are good , and 5000k philips crystal vision for the high beam , which i also love , LED tail , interior ( dome , map, door , sunvisor) , boot , number plate and park , upgrading reverse and indicators to LED soon
techst

Car: MY04 Subaru Liberty 2.5i manual

Postby rooby » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:27 am

techst wrote:cheers guys , prob should've mentioned ths again but the question is related to my fogs ( which are H3 ), installed 100w globes and they blew , should i maybe just go 55w?

i have HID 6000k low beam which are good , and 5000k philips crystal vision for the high beam , which i also love , LED tail , interior ( dome , map, door , sunvisor) , boot , number plate and park , upgrading reverse and indicators to LED soon

You can also get matching 5000k phillips halogen fogs. Mine were about $40 delivered from ebay (I think).
Also note that you need a special relay to use LED blinkers. If you just want to get rid of the amber colour you can also go for the chrome type blinker bulbs, that get rid of the orange look.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby mincedmeat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:17 am

rooby wrote:
techst wrote:cheers guys , prob should've mentioned ths again but the question is related to my fogs ( which are H3 ), installed 100w globes and they blew , should i maybe just go 55w?

You can also get matching 5000k phillips halogen fogs. Mine were about $40 delivered from ebay (I think).
Also note that you need a special relay to use LED blinkers. If you just want to get rid of the amber colour you can also go for the chrome type blinker bulbs, that get rid of the orange look.

I couldn't find the crome blinker bulbs in our wedge type
mincedmeat

Car: 04 2.5i sedan

Postby techst » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:57 am

Led indicators and fogs on the way , and now my h7 bulb holder has broken from the headlight , any ideas on an aftermarket bulb holders that will slip in ? I'd rather not have to buy a new headlight if i can help it
techst

Car: MY04 Subaru Liberty 2.5i manual

Postby alessandro132 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:29 am

techst wrote:Led indicators and fogs on the way , and now my h7 bulb holder has broken from the headlight , any ideas on an aftermarket bulb holders that will slip in ? I'd rather not have to buy a new headlight if i can help it

You can either superglue it or use zipties. The plastic clip is a known weakness so just be very careful in the future - you don't want to break your other one!!
TEAM TOYOTA | TEAM HKS

Cusco, HPI, HKS, and a few other bits...
alessandro132
-stickered-

Car: 2000 JZX100 Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16914

Postby chuckie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm

i had crystal visions in my old gen 2 lib. I found that because of the non-clear plastic on the fog lights that the light that came through remained a yellowish colour instead of blue. has anyone else experienced this? do i maybe need to go to 5000k's when i do them on my gen 4? :) also arent the 5000ks 'illegal'?
chuckie

Car: MY05 3.0 R-B

Previous

Return to Bling me up