Visiting Japan (Late April)

Here's where you can ask for suggestions what MODs you should consider. Let the experts tell you what you should add.

Visiting Japan (Late April)

Postby duddley » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:37 pm

In a couple of weeks I am off to Japan. Whilst I will be on a tour for the majority, the last two days are in Toyko. Does anyone know if there any shops in Toyko that sells Gen V parts over the counter. I am probably only considering small bits and pieces rather than say a whole exhaust system.

thanks
duddley

Car: 2011 Gen V GT Wagon

Re: Visiting Japan (Late April)

Postby champ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 pm

I think there was a thread someone did before, about visiting Japan. Might be some pieces of info in there.

Which tour are you on? Planning to go dec/jan and not sure where to start.
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby duddley » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm

champ wrote:I think there was a thread someone did before, about visiting Japan. Might be some pieces of info in there.

Which tour are you on? Planning to go dec/jan and not sure where to start.

G Adventures - Discover Japan. 23/4 - 7/5. Includes Toyko, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Mt Fuji and a few other places I can't recall at this time.
duddley

Car: 2011 Gen V GT Wagon

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:28 pm

You'll prob still get it cheaper through PHAT GT even with postage to Aus.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby speakafreaka » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:17 pm

duddley wrote:In a couple of weeks I am off to Japan. Whilst I will be on a tour for the majority, the last two days are in Toyko. Does anyone know if there any shops in Toyko that sells Gen V parts over the counter. I am probably only considering small bits and pieces rather than say a whole exhaust system.

thanks

I looked everywhere and couldnt find anything easy. Autobacs had nothing except privacy VIP curtains (got me some lol), got a boost gauge from Up!Garage. You can buy stuff from the specialty places like Blitz (they did have a Gen V there, looked horn) but its not that simple.

Here's a map of some of the tuning houses:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202 ... 810f&msa=0

Like Garbo said, just soak it all up and just get Phat to get it for you.
Graphite Grey MY10 Liberty 2.5GT Premium Wagon:G33KMobile 2.0
HiTech Mufflers, HKS Filter, Rear Spoiler, Grille
speakafreaka

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Return to Bling me up